WTF (that's Worst Things First!) Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

WTF (that's Worst Things First!) Saturday

Postby Elizabeth » Sat May 12, 2018 2:50 am

Good morning! And I do mean morning - 12:40 am to be precise. The second iteration of the hot water installation just completed. The installer ran late and didn't get here until close to 630 and worked until 930. At 1130, the water leakage alarm went off and I had to call their emergency number. The voice mail was full! I got a human the next call, who set up a fix for me and was glad I told him about the voice mail. So ... I guess the worst thing of the day has happened.

In honor of WTF, what is the worst item, the one you most want to put off? Ok, do it. Mine is the Orlando trip planning. It won't be until this evening, because I am volunteering at the cat show all day, but I will put some good faith effort into it.

LadyMaverick

Re: WTF (that's Worst Things First!) Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 12, 2018 8:46 am

Elizabeth - I'm glad the alarm went off to let you know about the water leak.....but ARGH!! WhatdaNight!

I slept until 7:30. That almost never happens. I woke up to a puppy licking my toes that were peeking out from underneath the comforter. Otherwise, I might still be sleeping.

It is so quiet in the house. I am soaking it up.

I scratched off 2 items from today's schedule. I'm not going to take DS9 to the fishing derby this morning and I'm not taking DGD6 to Peyton's Birthday party this afternoon. There are many items on my to-do list but the world won't stop spinning if I don't get them done today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 12, 2018 8:51 am

Had a terrible dizzy spell last night. Had to head to bed and couldn't even move my head without a wave of motion. Dizziness is a potential side effect from the vein treatment but this was 36 hours later. I'll call the clinic when I get home to discuss this.

I'm weak this morning and my tummy is still upset but I'm not fall over dizzy as a I was last night.

I woke up at 6:15 because someone didn't close the bedroom blinds and even with a full eye mask on, it was too bright to sleep.

I've refilled vitamins and checked the weather at our destination. I've made the bed so I can layout outfits now that I know what I should be planning for.

Dh is taking his full size suitcase for some reason which means I get mine back (he's been using mine lately because his is too big - no kidding, 29" to my 26" but it is useful that they are different sizes so I can tell them apart when traveling.)

I'll either take my 26" or the 28" backup suitcase. It doesn't pull as nicely but I might need the room. Alternatively, I can take an extra bag that attaches to my pull bar. I just need to be able to pull my bag(s) with my backpack on. Which means I have to think about purse as well, I just realized.

Today's focus is two documents to write, a phone call and packing. Plus going to visit dgs.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 12, 2018 9:25 am

Morning...

I’m an early riser this morning. Same thing as Kathryn, the sun came through my shutters. Here in Az the summer sun rises shortly after 5. Winter is the opposite and rises at 7:20. That’s because we don’t follow day light savings time here. And we’re also on the cusp of the time zone.

This morning Willis and I will head out for our training class. I see butt smelling for Willis in his future. It’s a 45 minute drive so I need to leave here around 8.

Then I have a women’s self defense class at two. That should be fun.

Need to do some desk work, because my week is filling up fast. Sweetie has cataract surgery on Thur with a follow up on Fri. It’s in Phoenix so also a long drive. I also have my ladies lunch on Friday but I think I can take Sweetie to his appointment and still make it to my luncheon.

Off to start my day. Night routines were done so my home is in good order. Gonna start laundry and take advantage of my morning. Dinner will be repeat of last night, so I don’t need to worry about that.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 am

thank you d elizabeth! I have learned to love this (I have been making it into a game to keep my inner brat quiet) :lol: It doesn't always work 8-) :D
so sorry you had to deal with the water leakage last night!!! have fun at the cat show!

d rose have fun at dog training! its sounds like willis will have fun too :lol:
have a great day

oh d kathryn I hope you feel better and no more dizzies

hi d lady I am so happy you slept in!

d old dog has a spark in her eyes again! first time in days. (that happy not sick dog look)

I did my worst thing first yesterday (bedrooms) but I might add the basement round robin 10 minutes (I don't wanna job)
another job that must be done - the small freezer is more ice than freezer and I should defrost it.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat May 12, 2018 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 12, 2018 9:38 am

Yeah Boessed, glad to hear that abt your pup

Lucylee... Penney’s used to have an area in their store for professional women’s dress. Liz Claiborne and such carry the kind of pants your looking for, so does Dillard’s
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Sat May 12, 2018 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:39 am

thanks d rose!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:20 am

Set up my BWP for next week

today: hoping to finish round robin - 5 minutes to 10 minutes at most because - no reason - I don't want to 8-) :D
okay time to start: it is already 9:10 am.
I also have a new book I want to start that dd younger recommended (Happiness from Reese Witherspoon's book club)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 12, 2018 11:11 am

Worst things first here trudging out to the hens in the mud with feed for em.
I did fold a load of laundry h put it away.
Swept seeds put front for a bit of a stretch, took a can of food out to the mail box area for the food drive.
Na - needs attn.
Dishes. X
Bed still needs attn.
I have sore hand on dominant one at least.
Got good report about dil #s. Re j & c yesterday.

Journaling done I have started drawing daily that is fun.
Shopping at some point.... store run needed.
The day will end with pizza take out or delivery.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 12, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 12, 2018 11:45 am

We're going to the minor league AA baseball game tonight. Our rabbi is to throw out the first pitch so there is a group of us going. They "bought" him the honor of doing this as a gift given at his installation, he's a huge baseball fan.

I am working on the "Development activities" section of my portfolio. This is listing development i.e. education. I'm also setting up organized folders in Dropbox.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”