WTF (that's Worst Things First!) Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: WTF (that's Worst Things First!) Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:44 pm

dd 15 minutes in 3 season room. all the round robins have been helping me.

d dog needs to go out again - hope she can go. well nope but she did love going outside in the rain :shock: ;)

folded laundry but have not put it away :P
put a set of dog blankets in the washer on hot bc I missed them yesterday

i have d dog in family room (next to the kitchen) but she wants to be with me. So I will bring my fun stuff into the family room.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 12, 2018 4:29 pm

I am starting to feel like myself now. My energy level is returning. I think the travel with zero time alone followed by a week of grieving in the family and DBro life/death struggle really zapped my energy level. I just needed alone time to process all of the emotions.

Was intending to do 45 minutes work/15 minutes break cycles however I didn't set a timer alarm when I started working so I went over. No problem. I'll just take a longer break to make up for it. LOL. Ta-DA's
• Front porch & driveway blown off
• Swept the living room and Library
• Mop the living room and library
• Sprinkler setup and started in the front yard
• Decluttered the front porch
• Unpackaged and set up DS9;s new charging station. USB cables and charging hub. Labeled them with month and year so there is no misunderstanding how hard he is on these pieces of technology.
• Sprinkler moved
• Made breakfast jars for this next week
• Got lentils and sweet potatoes out of the freezer
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Last night the "sounds of freedom" were very loud. They are doing night training which means all night long you can hear them shooting the rockets. It's not just the sound of the rockets being fired but you can feel the physical energy waves of sound that makes the windows shake, things to fall off shelves and the sound waves can be felt in your chest. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM over an over an over....I have no idea how many rockets were fired last night but guessing it is over 100. I normally don't notice the rockets firing because it is just a part of life here, but sometimes the cloud cover (or something) magnifies the sound waves. Last night the sound and feel of rockets firing were over 2x normal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:27 pm

quick hi - finished all but front room round robin. I have been having fun with reading etc. dd older and I heading out.

well done d lady!!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Up the valley now. Hanging out after dinner at the pizza place waiting for a challenge pizza to be brought out. Eat the 30 inch pizza and you get it for free. Up to three people can be sharing it. That works out to 2 large pizzas each.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:40 pm

have a great evening kathryn

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:41 pm

dd older and I ate out. I enjoy going with dd's together and it's fun to have one on one time too!

I have cloths done in the dryer and some clean in the washing machine and I am not touching either one :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Ready for bed. Spent the evening repacking so I can leave the extra suitcase behind.

Also updated my bullet journal with the weekly spread for two upcoming weeks. Didn't fill in the to-dos and goals, just the artsy stuff so I can leave my supplies in the car.

The journal reminded me to print off the meeting logistics as proof we are at the university so we qualify for the cheap rate. Dh was impressed I remembered. No, the journal did!

No internet at the hotel and dh had a deadline so he had to use cell data but it worked and he is packing up his computer now.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Last list tonight.

Let's see, Oh I got 2 bathrooms deep cleaned. What a job. Has anybody but me noticed that things that never get touched or used still need cleaned? I have a nice big deep soaking tub that no one uses because it's too hard to get into or out of. It still needs cleaned. I don't know where all the dust and dirt comes from in this place.

Got 2 throw rugs laundered and hung up. I had to keep stopping the washer and balancing the load.

I had to take the plastic container of laundry soap and get it all granulated again. The humidity makes it all stick together in a big lump.

Washed out several small garbage cans. Watered the grass a bit. Brought in today's mail.

Drove down to the supermarket AGAIN to pick up milk and a couple things. I'm there too often, gotta get a handle on that. But I went because in the what else can happen dept.:

DH was putting a ladder up on the holders along the ceiling of his big truck and the legs must have been filled with sand and all that sand poured into his face, getting in his eyes. :shock: I knew he wouldn't be up to going into the store on his way home. He thinks he got all the sand out...I hope so. And he has discovered his long shop vacuum hose has melted in the fire. :roll:

Dinner and dishes. I mopped the kitchen, the family room, 1 hallway and some of the laundry room.

Sunny, it takes me 2 days now to clean the whole house too. I used to do it all in 1 day, along with shopping and cooking and doing laundry. I don't know how I ever used to do that.

Ok, time to get into the shower.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Fear Not Sunny and Harmony...takes me two days too to do my house, unless Sweetie is gone, which never happens and I can play my turn it up music like Cathy.

Night routines done. Even got my desk pretty much under control. Order a bathing suit...I need one where the top comes up high to protect my chest area. Fingers crossed that it fits. I have another like what I am looking for but I do believe it is beginning to wear out. Hate that. Also ordered a cut top and pull one but cut jeans from Chadwicks to travel in on the plane. I try to look nice, but comfortable. I send my baggage through because i hate to struggle getting it up in the bin and i use my airline CC so I don't have to pay extra. I do have a rolling cart that I take on the plane, but I can attach it my other carry on once I'm off the plane.

Here's what I ordered https://www.chadwicks.com/product/v-nec ... earch&cx=0

Willis had a great day at the park and so did I. Gonna get ready for bed, already in my pjs and relax for a while.

Ya'll have a wonderful Mother's Day in case I don't get here in the morning...and hugs to all that need them
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”