Special Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Special Sunday

Postby Elizabeth » Sun May 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Happy Mothers' Day y'all. I have called my mother and DD has called her other grandmother. We made church ok. Lunch was in due to general brokeness. After my call for WTFs, I realized I really can't get the plane tickets for FL until I talk to the surgical scheduler. The surgeon is going to fix two problems at the same time, so that is good. One is due to a procedure I had when I was 8, but she agreed that it had been essential to prevent permanent kidney damage. I got the impression it is handled differently today.

Although mothers are expected to relax and enjoy the day, I turned over my swamp cooler. It's hard to enjoy a day when it's hot as Hades in your house! It was nice because I only had to go up and down the ladder once, DD16 is old enough and skilled enough to do the downstairs stuff. Right now she is napping. I need to do LOLs, but since that is outside her door, not a good idea. I have updated the church website. I think I will work a computer jigsaw then wake her up.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi, the inability to come here is becoming chronic. I need normalcy and may not remember what it looks like when I see it. The last time I got to CUOP was Fri evening, but I was at ds' house on his tv and didn't choose to log in. I've gotten so that catching up and posting don't happen at the same times, so I probably don't appear coherent.

The graduation events for the young man have been intense, and that coming on the heels of ... ..The Move.

We had a :shock: time moving evening on the last evening when ds helped us in his truck. The fridge and other things were enough trouble, but the aquarium was the real toughie. By those 2 days of moving, I was a limp dishrag.

Then Sat was the graduation. The young man had done the online split-second timing thing one early morning and got one first-come-first-serve ticket before those sold out in minutes. So dd did get to attend. HRH set us up to watch on closed-circuit tv and I got a photo of the screen for 4: of the young man, a friend from church, and 2 of dd's other friends. Got those developed to include in cards, and included an Ariver card in each of the 2 for whom we had parties.

Yesterday was the party at the young man's family home. That was a slice of life for me in that I never saw such a perfect perfectionism before. There was no garden weed brave enough, no dust speck intrepid enough, to travel that way, and no whim of a guest went unmet. I'm still not able to talk about it.

They gave me 4 white rose bud stems as I left, and this morning I made two of them into a corsage with a ribbon that happened to be the same near-white, and springs of other fluff/green from the older luncheon bouquet. Honestly, that was one of the nicest things to be able to craft - just perfect since my dmother has passed.

This morning I decorated half the church's small bulletin board in honor of the church's graduate. A joy to have gotten that photo and surprised her family. Dd attended graduation Sunday at the young man's church, where I'm sure he was greatly appreciated. She hasn't been home yet, what with family in town for him.

Dstepson, dstepdil, ds and family were all here together for Mom's day. Each family brought me a nice outdoor plant. Dd38 called to say "you're welcome", taking credit for making me a mother in the first place. Ds' card said "happy 38th year of motherhood", so they were thinking along the same lines.

Then this afternoon, I napped.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:05 pm

I am so glad you were able to come here tonight d harriet!
- fish tank :shock: :lol:
so happy your dd was able to be at the graduation! How sweet that they gave you the rose bud!
how lovely for the family that you were able to have a photo and create a board about their daughter!
So cute about your dd saying you are welcome!
Happy mothers day d harriet.

hi d Elizabeth - happy mothers day!

hi d lady happy mothers day!

hi d kathryn happy mothers day!

hi d twins happy mothers day! lovely that you had a wonderful nap!

hi d lucy happy mothers day! It is really hard - I will say a prayer for your d friends. Saying prayers for your d mom to feel better.

Happy Mothers day to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Waving to everyone, I had a good day, walked the dog in the field, painted rocks and swept the carports front steps and driveway seeds are falling in abundance.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun May 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Happy Mother's Day! It is nice to read how everyone has enjoyed their day.

I had a quiet and pleasant day with dh. We got up early to watch our church service, but there seems to be a problem with the timing on the countdown to live streaming. Their services are at 9 am and 10:30 am, but when I try to play the 9 am service the countdown still reads 59 min. and "we are not broadcasting at this time". It has been like this since daylight savings time started. So we fixed breakfast and ate while waiting for the second service.

So then I took my time and did the regular daily things. Ds#2 came in for a short visit this afternoon and brought a beautiful hanging basket of Periwinkle - cherry red color. Ds#3 just called and we had a nice chat.

We are finally getting some of the rain they predicted. It is supposed to rain all week. Now it is time to let the ddog out for her last walkabout. See you all soon again.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Happy mothers day d sunny!

glad you and nancy had a lovely day!.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 13, 2018 11:10 pm

In bed. The rest of the evening went fine fine but the focus was on getting fed so I didn't take the time to turn on my computer.

I'll do a proper update in the morning.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon May 14, 2018 2:21 am

Mothers day I spent with my dd. an outing to a show with a couple of her friends that involved a long round trip. They all met in the 'preschool mum years.' They have trouble getting together now, and one scored tickeds from connections, so most enjoyable time had by all.
dgs made us all dinner.

home today.

I made a big difference to LR couches today. changed covers.

Walk is calling me.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”