Monday Motivations

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday Motivations

Postby Nancy » Mon May 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Back from visiting dil in hospital, took a care package in. It was a hit I sait to wait and open looking at a diff item at toth game she like that. I put an adult coloring book, water color pencils, a scrapbooking mag. Prayer shawl, tea a cup, painted rock fridge magnent, and virous other items.

I decluttered a drawer and tray of scrapbooking papers found a home for them dil said she could use em.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Dd came by to help with ddog nails and I think I cut the quick a little on the second nail (she yelped) so we made a vet appointment for tomorrow a.m.

I'm spending too much time on Facebook. I got the early start this a.m. but I hadn't done a.m. routine. I was home about an hour before the online discussion, which went almost 1.5 hours. Then I read the case study homework for next week's discussion.

-clear breakfast bar counter again
-make the bed
-clear kitchen counters
-fold a lol and reboot

This will at least finish a.m. routine.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 14, 2018 5:34 pm

kidN is here now. I spiffed up the kit. Hens chores got done again. Filled water bottles for soda stream. I have a plan for dinner. Got more steps in. Filled a bag of books for dil at her request. Got 1 more tray decluttered yea me!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon May 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Monday
home
helper
LR
2x lol
walk

Tuesday
tmeds, bfst prep, dress, readings, bfst eaten,

yoga today I/l yesterday as I was away.

edit to add
Kathryn - mostly I feel the same re amber alerts where it is not a dangerous parental custody dispute, or sometimes there are medical disputes about children between medicos, doc, and parents so they slap one on.
Usually when a more natural therapy is having better results, and medical intervention type treatment is being forced to the exclusion of all else. Shakes my head over that.
Here there was a happy outcome to an amber alert, kidnapping for ransom now being the charge. Joe Citizen recognised the car/ situation interstate, and alerted authorities. The boy is out of hospital now, and most likely reunited with his mother now..
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 14, 2018 7:46 pm

Done...7 hours later, shutters cleaned, bathrooms done, vacuum and floors scrubbed. Kitchen cleaned and now drinking tea with my feet up.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 14, 2018 8:56 pm

The Amber alert resolved fairly quickly. Night shift workers are pretty upset they were awoken 3x though (English, French 25 minutes later, Cancel an hour later.) Everyone is questioning why the cancellation has to be so loud.

Dh's phone didn't go off (but many did in the room.) Turns out he can turn off Cell Broadcast so he won't ever get them. I don't have that option with my software so my option is to keep my phone on vibrate only all the time. Of course, then I won't ever hear the important alerts unless my phone is beside me or I'm sitting still.

Given the number of people with ear pain from being blasted while they had headphones on, I will no longer wear headphones and use my phone. The risk to hearing is too great.

I walked over to pick up the hair straightener. Went for nail polish but got distracted on the way by a labyrinth and walked that. I love walking them because they centre me. They are an equal number of right and left turns so mentally and physically, you reset your body.

Dh texted that he was heading home so I walked over and met him and walked back with him. We stopped for dinner at a pub and at on their second story terrace. Then we came back and went up to the lounge for a snack.

My sister texted and we'll meet for lunch tomorrow and then come back here for a swim.

I worked a bit on the June 10 service, reading the Qur'an looking for a passage to use from that (plus an OT and NT passage along the same lines.) While doing that I realized that it is still Ramadan then so we can't have a potluck meal after. They'll be fasting and can't even drink water.

Glad I remembered now, rather than being embarrassed.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Nancy, that was a kind gift of your time and creativity. Your ddil must have been so appreciative of you, caring like that. I hope those things get her mind off discomfort and let her think about enjoyment.

Ramblin', what is your storage method for saving a portion of smoothie for the next day? Do you worry about air-space or just ignore that for overnight? This evening, because dd19 didn't care for my recipe after I'd made a double, I had a leftover portion for myself tomorrow, that didn't match any of my jars. So I started thinking about the air getting to it. I used a pint mason, but the level of the remainder smoothie was a good inch or inch-and-a-half low. I cut a piece of plastic wrap large enough to "dip" down into the jar to its level, and wrapped a rubber band tight around the top. I know the jar is fine, but I maybe should have taken more care that plastic wrap didn't touch the juiced fruit and its acids... ...

tadas today need to be noted, since they were sparse:
made out grocery list
made out deposit
brief revisit to our Desk Day to finish up
fielded long phone call from HRH's dm (so never got deposit made)
extra laundry load
declutter in office until I felt I'd earned turning on computer
long research for HRH, who is considering changing drs

HRH had a regular dr's appt. All his numbers are good. He's been put on a new, low-dose muscle relaxant for 2 weeks to try to get over what they believe is strained (?) muscles in his lower back. This recurring pain has been going on for a while. The thought now is that he keeps re-injuring himself as soon as he feels better. So he's forbidden to lift anything for 2 weeks. Immediately, he came home with a huge watermelon. :| I think that would be called lifting, but hey, that's just me.

His dmom, btw, has sleep paralysis. Anybody heard of that? When she awakens, for 2 to 3 minutes she can't move and can't speak. Her own dr said he'd never heard of anyone with her symptoms, so she felt foolish after talking to him. She went to the library and a librarian sat with her to research and they found a lot about it. It can be related to anxiety and is often temporary in a person's life. Now that she's learned lots of people have had this and they are all okay, and in her case it usually lasts just a few minutes in the mornings with no particular scares, she's calm about it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:09 pm

yes I have heard of it.very scary dharriet

"Isolated sleep paralysis (ISP) is defined as the transient inability to move or speak during the transition between sleep and wakefulness in the absence of other clinical features of narcolepsy. Eye movements are typically not affected. The prevalence of cases with more frequent episodes, termed recurrent isolated sleep paralysis (RISP)"

"ISP is thought to be a form of REM dysregulation, similar to the atonia events seen in patients with narcolepsy."

old article 1992 https://academic.oup.com/sleep/article/15/3/217/2749266 sleep (I believe peer reviewed)

dd younger had this once. It scared her (after one of her concussions)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Harriet... look up frozip on amazon...they are reusable heavy duty 5x7 drinking pouches that come with a straw and a funnel. You can freeze your already made smoothie and take it with you where ever you go.

Or you can put your fruit in the paunch already cut up ready for the next day. 50 are around $15. I tend to make mine as I go... or put everything cut up in a zip lock bag or Tupperware container and divide it as I go. Not exact science, but it works.

I don’t have a blender so I make my smoothies in a turbo type thingie. If I continue down this path I probable buy a blender and use the pouches. Saves time for sure...but I really don’t want to add another appliance to my kitchen unless I know I’m really going to use it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 15, 2018 2:47 am

Harriet said something, somewhere -- I know I read it sometime, LOL -- about craving NORMALCY and having no time to visit here with you ladies.
That goes double for ME! * whew * I miss y'all when my days are busy-busy like this!

Today was just phone calls/errands/dmom/dgrands/music event (with over an hour playground time w/dgrands)/too many shared "shaved ice" w/dgd (with me eating more than my share)/low blood sugar attack/overeating/exhausted!

Tomorrow is retired teacher ladies, errands, phone calls, music event/dgrands again. This is going to be a very long week -- lots of fun things, but busy and tiring.

Hope you're all doing okay and have a good day tomorrow. Especially thinking of LadyM and family.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”