Monday Motivations

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Monday Motivations

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 14, 2018 11:43 am

Morning...

Started my morning early. Had two loads of laundry folded and put away by 6:30. Put in a blanket to wash and headed for the kitchen.

Made two smoothies, one for me and one for Sweetie. Also premade mine for tomorrow. Will do the same for Sweetie after Perry. Meanwhile I am doing odds and ends during the commercials.

Then the plan is to attack the house. Want to see if I can still do it in a day. That’s my challenge.

Gonna plug in my head phones and start some turn it up music and get at it.

Waving to y’all.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 pm

I need mojo thanks for this topic. Been fighting a sinus ear thing, improving some but at least that explains my lagging energy.

Journal x
Breakfast x
S2slippers x

Next up kit.
Then dump trash.
Later kid N comes.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:16 pm

waving hello again

laundry room weeklies done :D
had lunch - dh and I were going to go out for lunch but remembered d dog. ;) how could I forget she can't be left alone. She walked outside in the yard by herself today - rather wobbly but once I got her used to walking around and her legs woke up she was able to stand for the most part.

d nancy hope the ear infections goes away fast

hi d rose well done on being up bright and early and getting your laundry done
cheering you on as you challenge your house.

hi d twins wow you were up, out and productive this morning! good for you. yay on your steps already

yay on progress d lady!

good morning d elizabeth as well! cheering you on as you reach your deadlines!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:20 pm

next: throw in the white laundry and then bring old dog outside while the lightening has subsided.

set up my ww coaching.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon May 14, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 pm

I'm motivated by deadlines too. And messiness drives me crazy so that motivates me also.

Set up another place for a project I got involved with. Just changing the paper stacks around into different containers. :roll: So now I have a place. Went to my email and deleted and dealt with 263. I've been avoiding that email because it is just spam or stuff from DH he doesn't want to deal with. A friend sends me stuff over and over and over and I've just begun to delete all that stuff too. Political stuff.

Did all that because I'm waiting for a list to come from my church office. I have a few letters to write and this is my week of the month to do it. However, the list isn't there so I will have to keep checking. Which also means I will miss the mail lady today. I think this stuff should be done timely. Not my responsibility if they don't get the information to us on time.

I heard from the bank lady finally. It was not the news I wanted to hear but at least I know she has my papers. This is going from worse to crappy worse.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 14, 2018 1:15 pm

I am making progress although it seems there is a constant pause-then-resume happening over and over. I've received updates from DMom, DBro, DCousin memorial services, etc. I stop and deal with those then resume what I was working on before the phone calls happened.

I am cautiously hopeful. I received the rolling weekly calendar (dry erase) and have them set up. I have been using a dry erase board that has a monthly format. DGS21 gave it to me and so I gave it a try. It has been wonderful! There are so many reasons that I like it, but the one reason I don't like it is not being able to see further past this month. Especially toward the end of the month. I am hoping this rolling weekly format will solve this problem. There is something very enjoyable about erasing today's doings from the board (at the end of each day). I like seeing the week events disappearing from the dry erase board as they are done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Just lost a very long post. My computer no longer keeps me signed in more than a few minutes and I took too long to write my post.

I'll start over (and save this time before hitting post, so I can paste it back in if need be.)

I'm in Toronto in a downtown hotel.

Dh is here for meetings all week. I'm here so I won't be away from him for 6 out of 8 weeks in May/June. Plus I'm making this a 'study week' for myself to get a large amount of writing done. I'll have 3.5 days to myself plus 4 more hours in the car on the way home.

I've wasted over half a day so far.

The new mobile phone emergency alert system seems to be working. It was tested last week and failed.

I've had 3 alerts for far today. All for the same Amber Alert, one in English, 25 minutes later, one in French and over an hour after that the cancellation alert. Thankfully my phone is on vibrate and it doesn't override that.

The missing child was last seen over 1000 miles away from here. Personally, I don't want to know about a missing child in Raleigh or Nashville, or Halifax. I've turned off Amber Alerts completely for my phone but they are being sent out as Presidential Alerts so they can't be blocked. This is not a good thing. Alerts should be for potential mass casualty situations, not a custody dispute (the mom took the kid from school without permission.)

Dh is having an OK day but his second monitor just failed. It is under a month old. He's processing the return now.

My work list includes writing two services (one HUGE that will require research) and a church report. I also have smaller tasks like clearing out my in-box and some less important paperwork/financial tasks. I'm also hoping to the implement the personal improvement ideas from the book Triggers.

I need shoes for the wedding in a couple of weeks. Higher priority (as in: I'll do this as soon as I post) is a hair straightener since it is obvious I need one for this trip and nail polish for my toes. I don't have the patience to go for a pedicure.

I've set the hotel room up to be comfortable for both dh and I this week although I realize I've just moved furniture into where he was doing his stretches this morning, so it may be moved again. He did ask me to set up the desk so we can both use it and I have.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:41 pm

did a decluttering project upstairs for awhile
did my swish and swipe upstairs
did my home blessing of dusting

whites are in washing machine
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon May 14, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:49 pm

frustrating when you loose a post especially a long one d kathryn!
Hope your dh's monitor problem works out
have a lovely time in Toronto

Hope the child is found safe and sound

very sweet d lady that your dgs gave you a calendar!

deadlines give me a stomach now because I am no longer able to stay up all night or something else happens and I can't follow through for someone. I used to be a huge deadline person.

d harmony glad you heard from the bank person and I wish it was you wanted to hear.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:51 pm

tempted to stop but I know I need to follow through to the end today as I don't know if my week will work after tomorrow.

I haven't thrown in the whites yet.
wood floors are filthy again bc of all the rain, dh not taking off his shoes ;) , and animals walking in and out as well. vacuumed and that's all Doc.

what needs doing:
toss whites in dryer then put away
take the rest of the plants outside - it is now humid!
put kitchen towels in the washing machine
exercise to yoga tape
dinner: breakfast for dinner tonight.
make 2 phone calls. one done
water plants in dining room

dh picked up meds. and took a basket upstairs for me.

Return to “Post When You Can”