Too much Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Too much Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 15, 2018 6:29 am

Can a person have too much fun?

Too much love?

Do you have too much of something? Or too many?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Re: Too much Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue May 15, 2018 6:39 am

Good morning, LadyM!

Your post makes me think of having to balance. Like, I adore my family but I have to balance the time I give all/each. I love my church and community, but have to balance the "band-width" that it takes. That sort of thing. Otherwise, never too much love and fun!

My dishwasher didn't run last evening - still trying to figure that one out! I had to put off laundry this a.m. to allow it to run. I'm thinking one of my darling housemates went back in to the dishwasher to place one more thing, then didn't push the right restart buttons.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 15, 2018 7:25 am

My OA accountability group is discussing perfectionism. I try for an 80/20 balance. 80% success in whatever I'm doing. It keeps my stress level down and allows things move forward. Too high or too much of a goal can be overwhelming to me.

When I am mopping the floor, I try to make an 80% improvement. Otherwise, if I tried to make the floor look perfectly clean then I am going to get frustrated with someone steps and leaves a dirty footprint on it 10 seconds after I finish.

However, there are some areas of my life that I do strive for 100%. It's a struggle sometimes for me to decide what items receive which goal (80% or 100%). I try to limit the items with the goal of doing 100% of the time, but there are many. For example, I want my food to be 100% free of dog poop. (a weird reference we have around my house for nonnegotiable items).

It's time for me to step away from the computer and get busy.....but I will be thinking about items that are too much or too many.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 15, 2018 7:29 am

Yes you can have too much of a good thing.

For me, that would be Ruffles Potato Chips.

For farmers it is rain or sunlight.

Balance is the key.

I'm up, s2s. Because I'm walking dh to work and because we have to go out for breakfast each day (in the hotel lounge), I have to cut tea and chocolate short.

Today I'm out for lunch with my sister and dinner with my husband.

I got 14,350 steps yesterday. I'll have to go back but that might be a high step count for the year. I'm fine today. We'll see about tomorrow.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 15, 2018 7:34 am

I was sure I posted yesterday, but perhaps I never hit 'submit'. Too much? Think I have too much alone time. I could go to dbil/dsisil's any day, but that means mileage and gas. So usually keep it to once or twice a week. At least I now have new tires to go on.

Our adventure Sunday: Went about 3pm to check on the slow leak in one tire. There was a nail at an angle, making it 'unfixable'. But he took us out to show us that wasn't the only issue. DD asked why there was so much grease in the wheel well. Well, that was the first issue -could be from a broken CV joint. Then I slowly remembered that was broken in the front last fall and they replaced it, then at last oil change tires were rotated. Aha! Then he showed me that the tire was completely worn on the inner side and chunks out of the tire. An alignment problem. Did they align it after replacing the CV joint? Wasn't sure (but obviously not as the front wheel was also very messy with grease. Finally decided we would have to get 2 tires (so they matched). At that point another guy came over and said, "Uh, no....4" and proceeded to show us all four tires. Every one was scalped on the inner side and chunks out of each. Ended up with 4 new tires and an alignment (included in the price.) Also have free lifetime fixes of the tires for road debris, etc. That's a good thing because between dd's side road and downtown there are 3 junk yards and someone is forever picking up a nail, screw or piece of metal. Have to say, I'm glad these problems were found and addressed now before I got on 95 to head north. $650 later. :roll: Bank roll wasn't planning on that this spring -but is it ever?

Got up for a potty break at 5:45 and 6:45. Was going to crawl back in as I couldn't even get my eyes open. But one thing led to another and here I am. Only have taken my T-med so have to get on with the rest of my morning routine.

Great 'stepping' out, Kathryn!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 am

Good morning to all! My "too much" is too much going on today. I know that in my former life, having three appts or commitments a day wasn't a big deal, but it feels kind of crazy now. After struggling with ddog nails yesterday, I made an appt this a.m. for a nail trimming for her. And I have a 3 p.m. dental appt. And I am watching a genealogy webinar at 8 p.m., so need to plan evening walk for ddog and dinner clean up accordingly.

I got in 10K steps yesterday, so that's one fifth of the 50K weekly goal right there. I'll change the goal back to 70K when I've established the habit.

-breakfast and meds
-s2s
-refill meds containers
-empty the dishwasher, clear kitchen counters

Not sure I can do all this before I leave for vet but I'm tryin'.

Dee, so glad you got tires and all looked at. Expensive but worth it! When do you leave?

Harriet, glad to see you able to look in and post!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 am

Our plan is to leave a week from Friday, Twins -the 25th. We only plan to go as far as Hardeeville, SC the first night -because dd has to work part of the day and will leave after their luncheon (a rather 'must attend' thing) toward afternoon. Second night we plan to stop just north of Winchester, VA and then the rest of the way home on Sunday. Praying for good weather -the entire way of course! DD will take DBailey to work with her that day and leave from school -that's about 45-60 minutes east/north east of us. Not sure yet which way I'll go. Been taking 301 up and get on 95 almost out of FL. I hate I-4, but it's a possibility.

Dh saw the orthopedist yesterday. They are now talking surgery for a 'reverse shoulder replacement'. However, as good as this guy is, he's reluctant to do this surgery. He's referring dh to a Dr. at Strong Hospital because he's (in his book) the best. Told him to call for an appointment on Thursday because he wants time to be sure they have dh's records. It's going to be tricky timing I'm sure. Dh wants to have the surgery after we go home for my class reunion (July 28) and are mile marker wedding anniversary. I might as well say it. It'll be 60 years. Thought we JUST had our 50th. I feel like I'm only 40-45 so how did this happen? :shock:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 am

d lady hello and thank you for starting us!

I love the thought that d harriet had about balance and I thought with my SHE brain I can get overwhelmed when I forget to tell myself to balance my day. (lol which is not always possible)

hello d lady
hello d harriet
hello d dee
hello d twins
hello d Kathryn
I have been thinking of d lynlee and of course d helia

I didn't do clean up last night - I let that kid in me say no - I wanna sleep, I want to watch tv, I don't wanna - and now I have the consequence of facing this morning. ;) :D

A new day and ready (finally) to get started. picking up d mom and dd from airport today and Iam so nervous about d mom coming back and being bored and alone.

darn I had to order groceries on line bc d mom needed some and I needed fresh fruit.

I am letting my anxiety and stress get to me. okay it will be what it will be ;) Just start.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 am

Morning...

Well here I sit drinking my morning tea. Laundry, done. House entirely clean. Even my outside routines are done. kitchen clean. Even my bed is made.

So... I have a dermatology appointment late this morning so while out I’ll stop at the library afterwards. That’s always a fun time for me.

Waving to y’all...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 15, 2018 10:43 am

I had a plate of fruit, then dh was anxious to get on the way to his meeting so we came back to the room and put on rain gear.

I got very wet since it was a heavy rain and my rain poncho, hat, and trousers are hung up to dry. My shirt was wet too but from sweat, not rain.

I picked up nail polish on the way back and am waiting for my nails to dry now. I had my yogurt, ham and cheese to finish my breakfast before doing my nails. I leave in under an hour so will let them dry until the last minute. I'm debating putting my shoes back on or sandals. The rain seems to have stopped so sandals would be better at preserving the pedicure. I can't get semi-matte polish so have on full shine and am hoping it will last 4 days. Not likely although I won't be using my hands as much as at home. I don't have remover with me so if they need to be done again, I'll have to go back to the store!

I've not got any work done at all. Another day, another disaster.

Return to “Post When You Can”