WEDNESDAY WANNAs

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: WEDNESDAY WANNAs

Postby Harriet » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Those are cute tops, LadyM.

dfirstsisil sent an email thank you for my "hope memories make you smile" Mother's Day notecard, not to me, but to dd19 and ds (not dd38, lol). It was nice to acknowledge it, which wasn't necessary. But showing others that she's going far around direct contact with me is disappointing. We all know I haven't changed any of my contact info for decades. It's back to her usual positioning - an opportunity to create distance from some, point out others as preferred. Are we still in the manipulation chess game after all these years? I'm sure dfirstbil, on the other hand, looked his mail, thought "that's nice", and went on with life. :)

Sorry to hear about the difficulty with the report, Kathryn, and the miscommunication.

Still have some laundry to fold today.
Considering a trip out with dd for groceries, mainly.

Dd has signed up for her one summer course.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Back from a rain walk with ddog. Laundry is done it is time to unload the dishes.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

It is 2 p.m. and I'm still not productive. There's a small engine (generator or power washer) running intermittently that is distracting me and my email program (Thunderbird) has failed so I'm not able to send or receive emails using it. Which makes keeping on top of email more difficult because of the way Gmail in a browser displays emails.

Just whining. I'm trying to not whine but that's all I want to do.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 16, 2018 2:14 pm

That’s just crazy, Harriet — your d?sil. I’m just shaking my head! You send a card and dgd thanks 2 of your 3 children???
People are just crazy.

I like those tops, too, LadyM! I wonder how thick the fabric is on the button-up. I’m always on the lookout for a white top that is not see-through, you know what I mean? Some are so flimsy-thin that you can see every stitch on your undergarments!

Well... dmom says dgd is coming out here to get her meds... dgd has been and gone, will return shortly after 3:00 with her dbro... dh bought Braves tickets yesterday (with ds’s approval) only to find out today that this will conflict with ds playing with his “second” band on that date. Ds says it’s not a problem; dh feels bad about it.

I should DO something and quit THINKING.
Good time to finish vacuuming.

(((Kathryn)))
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Sorry that happened d Harriet

d elizabeth hello - no idea what caused the swelling.

a quick hi. I need to wrap my head around doing stuff.
went out with d mom and dd younger (who invited me) to the local pastry shop then we went to our local shop that has lovely cards. We also went to the antique store next door to it. We had a lovely time. Now I have to get back on to my morning routine that I barely touched. I also need to attack my home blessing. If I don't everything falls behind.

I am not stressed anymore. Sad this morning but I did get sympathy cards. I will write them this afternoon.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:56 pm

resting for the next 1/2 hour and then pretend like it is morning again... lol lets see how that works!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 pm

(blessed). Was the swelling there before she got on the plane? Or could it have been something from the pressure in the airplane? An allergy?

I had a bad time 2 days ago my legs were itching and hives, my back itched, my face. Went away overnight. Have no idea what it was. I'd eaten some honeydew which is not a usual thing around here, but in the past hasn't bothered me. Have no idea.

Kathryn, sorry about your church. Our church which is now crowded and lively was once dull and lifeless. Minister was boring and the music put us to sleep. There were few kids. No way of reviving yours, I guess?

I went to ear doctor again today. Every 6 months now I guess from now till eternity. Keeping ahead of the itchy skin problem inside. He cleaned them out (vacuumed) and the vacuum was noisy and uncomfortable and I was sure glad he didn't suck clear through to my brain...I need all the brain cells I have. First ear I closed my eyes and that was a mistake. Got dizzy. My eyes were going back and forth like a pea in a whistle. He said something about the crystals in my ear being disrupted. Told me to focus on something while he did 2nd ear. That seemed to work better and he said my eyes had quit going round and round. :o

Asked him what would happen if I didn't come to get this done and he said the skin would build up and create another infection. Blek! BTDT. I have to up my drop usage for a week to get this under control. He says probably from some allergy to something. So what else can happen?

Not much else done except for a whole lot of worry worry worry. Apparently inspector has been to jobsite, but how he did that without anybody being there to see I don't know. Draw should be on its way in a couple days (I hope I hope). I sent DH to the plumbers with a personal check for a deposit as the business account has nada.

Going back to my desk.

Elizabeth, I don't think it is my monitor because when it went black the whole computer itself went down like I clicked on shut down. When it came back up it acted like it does when I start it up from scratch in the morning. It was printing out something when it happened.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Good round of errands. I need to get groceries put away, but the house is cool and nothing is frozen but I needed lunch first.

I've done some sleuthing on a genealogy question from an email but I'm not sure what this lady is looking for.

-put groceries away
-reboot laundry, fold two loads
-respond to email
-review Pro Gen assignment and spend some time putting it together
-start a list for "before the beach trip," we go there on Sunday May 27

Thanks to the errand trip, I have 6300 steps. Ta Dahs:
-post office
-recycled glass
-michaels
-lowes
-goodwill drop off
-picked up at CVS, got new shingles vaccination. My doc had suggested it last week.
-groceries

I hope the draw will be on its way soon, Harmony!

That is definitely weird behavior, Harriet. Passive aggressive much?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Y'all may be surprised at me! :shock:

I did SEVERAL of my "wanna's" --
* Finished WHB vacuuming PLUS (a slightly half-hearted version of) focus vacuuming in the study & front entry
* Printed out the wellness check-up paper for insurance
* DPC to schedule wellness check-up w/family doctor (saves me $50 per month on insurance)
-- also got two of dmom's rx's renewed for next week
* DPC to schedule mammogram
* S2S

Things are quiet and peaceful around here right now.
DGS is playing in "his" room (drawing maps from the atlas) -- after watching Legends & Lies/Civil War documentary with dh --
and DGD is napping on the couch. She still has diarrhea and is staying home from church tonight.
I'll be taking dgs, as it is the last night before children's classes take a break for the summer. They are going to the park tonight.

Must cook supper in about 30 minutes and I still WANNA do a load of laundry & exercise tonight.

Y'all were talking about facial swelling/allergies/etc -- a friend at teacher's meeting yesterday said she had an episode like that after eating shrimp. She had never had a problem before, but when she saw the doctor, she got to thinking about what she had eaten in previous days, and she had had shellfish 2 or 3 times in just a few days. Doctor said that could have triggered it and she is currently abstaining from any shellfish.

(((Harmony))) -- I've had that vacuuming of my ears done before and it was definitely painful the first time he tried. Then he told me to use drops for the next week and come back, and it was no problem at all the second time. Probably should have it done more often, honestly, but I'm not asking for it -- doctor can tell me when he thinks I need it.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Well heck. Muffin talked me into taking a nap. She looked so cozy on her little bed in the bedroom I just laid down and napped too. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”