Ta Dah THURSDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Ta Dah THURSDAY!

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am

hi d harmony
hi d nancy
hi d twins
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Had a video visit with dd and dgs. Mainly with her, which was more important to me but it was cute to watch dgs 'washing' dishes in his toy kitchen and then stuffed bear had to go potty in the bucket before having his nap. And he pointed to his head when she asked him what happened when he went walking with me last time. (He had picked a flower and handed it to me and I put it in my hat, so now that's where the dandelions he picks are to go!)

Apparently dgs isn't sleeping well, either at night or nap time, and dd is exhausted. I promised I'd come visit on Saturday and give her a break.

I've also put in an Amazon order for tights in beige to wear to the wedding. My legs are in horrendous shape now with the veins. Dh needs a cable before Africa so that's on order. Although, come to think of it, that's to use with the now broken monitor.

I also wrote the opening prayer for the anniversary service, so now that and the call to worship are written. I don't usually break a service down so finely but am this time. Next up is to figure out a Qur'an reading to go along with our readings. Then email the guest preacher with the readings and theme.

The service is still very imperfect (for example, I need to get the kids moving in the service and haven't had an epiphany about that yet.) But it is starting to take shape. Unfortunately, I'm not getting anything else done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:31 pm

finished all the sympathy cards.
relieved because I got all my paperwork I didn't do yesterday done today. It's like a weight has been lifted.
ordered trellis from garden shops as our local shop is closing!
mom gave me all her dr. appointment dates so I have to add that to my calendar. she is a happy camper yay!!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu May 17, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 17, 2018 1:48 pm

I am sooooo sleepy. Was it lunch out? I had a veggie plate and probably was over on the slow carbs, enough fat and maybe not enough protein. I had a baked tomato topped with breadcrumbs, fried zucchini, brunswick stew and pinto beans. We ate outside and it was great to catch up with this friend too.

I am setting a timer for 45 min down time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:05 pm

rest a bit - you must need it d twins!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Working away here. Lots of Ta Dah's but a huge mess left behind.

All I wanted to do today was do the floors enough so I could spray the baseboards.

I also hung up my LOL.
I pulled out the bottom oven drawer and took the big plastic liner out of it and washed everything. Crawled around on the floor and washed all that underneath No bugs. So much for that theory.

While I was at it I washed the whole oven down good and took the racks out and ran the self-clean. It smelled like cherry pie or Christmas cookies when it started. Probably what it was.

Washed the inside mat, inside the laundry room by the door to the garage. Hosed it off outside in the middle of rain and thunder.

Made lunch. Now I'm ready to sweep the floors.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:18 pm

waving hello d harmony!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:01 pm

struggling to focus today. :shock:
trying to change my attitude about what I need to do.
I have not finished my morning routine and I don't feel like it. I can feel the time slipping away today.

what needs to be done:
I didn't clean up after last night but I have a load of cleaning dishes in dw from last night.

what is left on my morning routine:

pull timer
empty dishwasher
put dishes in dishwasher
clean the sink
clean the counters
clean the animal water bowls
swish and swipe bathrooms 1 2 3
water plants
clutter check 1
cat/dog stuff

started dog blankets today instead of tomorrow because today I don't have a car so tomorrow i will do my errands. dd younger is babysitting for friends far away and needed a safe car. She is hoping they can fix the car because she had hoped this car would last another 5 years.

dinner think about it instead of reacting at 5 pm. and then not following my ww

fitness

missed my home blessing yesterday: of vacuum and swiffer rinse wood floors.
home blessing today: garbage cans empty

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu May 17, 2018 3:15 pm

Ta-da for today —
Dmom and I finally got paper work done with dbil — POA and health care directive. She has to have the POA for asst living stay following surgery. I guess dbil and I sorta “encouraged” her to go ahead and do the other while we were there, but she had been talking about it FOREVER. She said she did not feel pressured by either of us. It basically just says that if she is unable to speak for herself, AND 2 doctors agree that she is terminally ill or in an irreversible coma, she will not be put on a ventilator or feeding tube. So it’s a pretty generic thing.

That is ALL I have accomplished so far, however.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 17, 2018 3:38 pm

You're doing great, blessed. Keep zeroing in!

Harmony, what if you arm yourself with a few points about smart things you're doing for health lately and have those at the ready to change the subject to wisdom of all kinds, not just conversation about the scale. Or, have a very specific question at the ready, like, "what would you advise when... ..."

Twins', eating outside means you soak in the atmosphere quite literally (but figuratively, too), which sometimes can be sleep-inducing, a natural reaction!

lucylee, getting important, sorta lip-biting things accomplished for loved ones - those count for extra. Your dmother is blessed to have you.

Kathryn, I noticed a group of ladies comparing legs in the parking lot after last study. :| All with pant legs pulled up and pointing at each others! I came up and asked them if we were having a spider-vein contest, because I would win, but no. Veins were one topic, but they were mostly concerned about fatty knees, and also scars after knee surgery for one.

Cleaned out the fridge, so... ...

I took extra time with our lunch today to make sure perishables aren't getting away from us :idea: and made a super-sized lunch salad for us with a new-to-me dressing recipe and garnished with orange pieces, then a sprinkle of hemp hearts. So pretty. Dd said that it looked like a restaurant prepared it. The dressing might have been a little heavy on the garlic. I'm still kinda :shock: with tasting garlic - must make a note on the recipe to reduce that! lol

As soon as I realized I would like the recipe, I printed it over again so it's index card sized/shaped and can fit a sleeve of my little go-to photo binder of recipes. Talk about something that needs to be cleaned out! :oops: I'm flipping past dishes I don't make anymore (or never got around to making) to find current favorites and it should be all current. Needs to be an upcoming task.

Return to “Post When You Can”