Ta Dah THURSDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Ta Dah THURSDAY!

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:53 pm

oh my goodness I have been so squirrel-y :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:56 pm

hi d harriet
thank you for the cheering on! I keep on thinking of the little train that could... I think i can! 8-)
that salad sounds beautiful!

hi d lucy it's a lot to have accomplished

so far: I stuck to emptying out the dw and refilled it and added dog/cat dishes and turned it on.
sink is cleaned finally!!!
counters cleaned!
powder room swish and swiped

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Went over to dbil/dsisil's for about an hour late this morning. Glad I went then as it poured later. Would not have wanted to be driving for sure!

Yes, Harriet, dsisil's memory becomes worse and worse. Last Friday she asked me about going for lunch next Thursday for my birthday. Told her that day wouldn't work for me as I have appointments so had said we'd go next Wednesday. Yesterday she called me and asked me about going to lunch next Thursday for my birthday. Didn't tell her she'd already asked me. Just told her the same thing -I have appointments Thursday and we could go Wednesday. So, when I was over there today I asked dbil about breakfast tomorrow. Told him about my driving over to get dsisil and her dsis next WEDNESDAY to go to lunch. Then we also discussed going to breakfast next Friday on my way out of town -so at least now I know I'm going to go that way (up 301). I wrote all 3 dates and times on a note and put it on the counter ledge so she can see it and hopefully remember. Even if she doesn't, dbil will remind her coming up to the times/dates.

Dh has an appointment with the new orthopedist on the 30th (he thinks). He'll let me know later for sure. He'd called to ask me if his gastro Dr was at Clinton Crossings. I don't think so, but at least I'll be up there so I can take him. But I think I was at this complex for a procedure a couple of years ago.

DD and I plan to go to Trivia tonight and keep an eye on the Lightning/Capitals Hockey game. Know it's a must win situation for Tampa.

Need to get something done before the afternoon's completely gone.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Two hours and 20 minutes (about) just to run the vacuum all over the house. No wonder I don't get everything cleaned each and every week. I'm going to time the mopping also. Good grief.

Harriet, if I thought the dr. would listen to me and actually have a decent conversation about anything... this place is super busy. It's sit and wait wait wait and then the 15 minute time slot is usually pared down to 5 minutes. I'd change to someone else if I could figure out who to go to. The insurance maze has a lot of drs. retiring and a lot not taking new patients.

Need to see to making a check for someone who's trying to meet their payroll for tomorrow. I feel like we're carrying not only ourselves but other companies as well. A flurry of phone calls to get that ball rolling and someone will be at the door momentarily. Will get paperwork going here next.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 17, 2018 4:22 pm

My TaDa is finally getting the site client list report mods done and posted. The run time is longer, but they asked for more info, so unavoidable. The surgical scheduler is out until next week. I really hate this communication by non-communication strategy. I have a number of DPCs to do. Last night, I delivered the yarn bombing items, but was not asked to retrieve the cat. He will likely come home with me after clinic Saturday. Unfortunately, steroids seem to make him a little belligerent. This explains some things about him. He has an appointment with a dermatologist 6/5, so we are hoping to get him fixed up.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD16, but given how close it is to year end, it will likely be homework. I picked up sliced roast beef for her, it is cheaper than Arbys.

I suggest Kathryn TELL people she is lacking internet service even if she goes somewhere that she both has and needs it.

Harmony: One of my friends kept getting the lose weight lecture and solved it by keeping a detailed food and exercise log. She threw it on the desk and said something like, "I'm swimming an hour a day five days a week. I'm eating practically nothing. What ELSE do you want me to do!" Seeing it in black and white finally made her doctors realize that not all weight issues can be attributed to laziness or bad eating. For her, the weight came down when they actually tested and found her parathyroid problem. There are a number of medical problems that produce extra pounds.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:41 pm

yay d harmony!
have fun tonight d elizabeth
hi d dee (((your dsil))) have fun at trivia night

hello all

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 pm

surface vacuumed and swiffer surface rinsed my first floor - swiffer fluffy duster under family room couch as well: rooms surface-ly done: kitchen, front hall, powder room, dining room, family room, 3 season room. not the front room as I am working in there .

I finished the dog/cat bedding
now washing rug from hall bathroom
I need to take a tylenol.

dh was not thrilled that I asked him to use the other door bc I just washed the kitchen floor. He figured it out!

I am so happy I have a routine bc this morning and afternoon I was super squirrel-y.

next quick vacuum bedrooms and hall
at the same time: swish and swipe upstairs and toss garbage downstairs

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Decluttered books two bags of them. Dil wanted em and journals for paper crafting. I did not stay long her folks came so I left. She is at home now. I called ahead and made arrangements to come over at that time slot.

I swept kit. Dining rm. and hall, inside plus outside did the deck, carport, and driveway seeds are nearly done now I think yea.

It was a good day to stay close to home 2 of the 3 bridges are closed. Also power lines were struck by a utiliy truck in the morning.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 17, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Harmony, so funny that my doc read me the "riot act" last summer about my weight (need to eat less, we aren't made to eat until we're full, our genes make us want to fill up when food is available but we have to push it away...blah blah blah) and last week, she was "I'm not worried about your weight, it's between you and your mirror." Maybe 6 or 7 lbs less but like night and day from her. I don't get it.

I don't really want to work on this Pro Gen assignment. It's a business plan and since I'm not sure I really want to "be in business" I have little incentive to do it, except that it has to be done to complete this program. The program is for genealogy professionals after all.

Harriet, you may be right about sitting outside, but it was quite pleasant actually.

We are finally getting rain and thunder, so I am roasting the pork loin instead of trying to grill. Ddog wanted out so she went out in the rain to "do her business." We under the covered porch outside now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu May 17, 2018 5:24 pm

One reason I’ve done nothing is because my stomach is really stirred up today... I need to take an Imodium before we go to the music thing tonight. Dmom said she might join us! So she must really be feeling better!

Ddil will be here in about 10 min with dgd.
Ddil and dgs are going to be late for music bc — surprise — they signed dgs up for a 1-night basketball “camp” tonight. The high school players are doing it as a fundraiser. So that’s a neat thing for him. Very interested to see how he takes to “organized” sports.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”