Ta Dah THURSDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Ta Dah THURSDAY!

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 pm

hi d twins
hi d lucy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:46 pm

my home blessing of garbage done for today and yesterdays surface vacuum and swiffer rinse is done for upstair and downstairs
put luggage in hall closet again
dh is feels a bit annoyed but I think he will feel better soon
swish and swiped upstairs bathrooms
did a put away

I got more mail in for me but I won't open it until tomorrow

going to dinner with d mom on my own. dd's at her df's house babysitting, dh is enjoying time to relax after a frustrating morning with dr. (he had to wait 2 hours) for glaucoma dr. (nothing new). his levels are now too low.

I didn't do any gardening or weeding as I was so ADD (WITH OUT THE H :lol: ).
I feel a bit more in control

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 pm

I'm at the baseball game now. Our team was winning over Oakland, but I type slow! Good seats so it is interesting.

Dh and I had a good afternoon. Dd video called again so we got to see snot nosed, coughing, dgs. Poor baby (both mine and hers!)

Then we took the subway to the train station, I had lunch, then took a street car to the ferry and went over to the Toronto Islands. We walked the length of the islands, about 4 miles. Dh had already walked to work and back, 2 miles so he has a highest step count ever for him. I have 4k fewer.

It was a lovely walk. We took the ferry back from the opposite end of the islands. Unfortunately, although we had walked to across from the stadium, the ferry returned us to the same ferry terminal and we had another mile walk. Stopped for supper on the way.

After all that walking we were ready for ballpark food so have had popcorn and I'll pull out the peanuts soon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm

have fun at the game d kathryn

praying your sweet baby and sweet grand baby's cold goes away fast!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:48 pm

went out to dinner with d mom (just the two of us). very nice!

d brother is coming by tomorrow before heading out east.

good night everyone!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 17, 2018 10:16 pm

I just might keep a log for next time. I was disappointed that I tried so hard this past few weeks because I knew this appointment was coming up, and because I needed to try, and scale went up and down but really didn't budge.

I timed mopping whole house. Another 2 hours +. So all told to get these floors all done including behind chairs and things (pulling them out) 4 1/2 hours. Add in changing sheets, dusting everything, wiping everything in the kitchen, shining mirrors, cleaning all 3 bathrooms... and there is all day long with not many breaks if any. And that's not sweeping porches outside either. Good reason I can't do it all in one day any more.

Course this time I went over all the baseboards as I went along, and got behind everything I could except for the couple places I did when I cleaned those carpets... and that's no time spent folding clothes or tidying anything, picking up shoes, etc. I still need to clean leather furniture. You wouldn't believe DH's recliner. He comes in from work like pig pen and collapses in his chair... so it gets pretty bad.

I do keep the kitchen mopped a bit and hallways where we come in and in front of our chairs more often, but this whole house clean is a bear to get done.

Anyway, I've finished all the sock darning. 15 socks, probably 45-50 little holes woven-mended. Anything beyond 3 or 4 on a sock I threw it away, not worth the time.

Guy never came by for his check they were so desperate for. On a good note, the wire transfer showed up in our account today! :P We're solvent today - at least for a little while. Oh, and we had a bunch of rain this afternoon too.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 18, 2018 12:07 am

Dgs did NOT enjoy basketball! Kids ages were all mixed up and he got pushed down by a bigger kid (accidentally) bug he had a MAJOR meltdown and they ended up leaving early, dgs in tears and ddil not far from crying herself. Sigh.

I told him t-ball would be better, basically only one person runs at a time so less chance of getting knocked down.

I stayed in the car during the entire music show bc of stomach issues. Mainly that I got very nauseated when I would raise my head.
I’ve slept since we got home, doped up on Imodium and phenegen. Hopefully I’ll feel like going tomorrow.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”