Ta Dah THURSDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Ta Dah THURSDAY!

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 17, 2018 8:27 am

Let's celebrate the things that happen today, little and small, that we have a hand in. Focus on what's getting done and making that list real!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Ta Dah THURSDAY!

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 17, 2018 9:03 am

I am having lunch out with a temple friend, to get oriented on the temple cemetery board. I did say I would join that board this year so she's getting me up to speed, and we'll have a nice lunch at a restaurant. I stipulated at the time that I am not the person that will eventually take over that board from her.

Other than that, I have the usual stuff:
dog care
home care
genealogy work

Right now:
-s2s
-walk the dog
-make the bed
-reboot laundry
-get rid of 10 pieces of my nemesis, paper
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 am

I may have finally found the theme for the Anniversary service. I brought my laptop to breakfast to work on it but dd was asking for a skype call so I spent that time trying to get my camera to work. It won't without multiple reboots and tracing software and no guarantees and to be perfectly honest, I'm OK without seeing dgs for another 2 days. Honestly, she went a month or more without seeing her Dad when she was little and months at a time without seeing grandparents. But that time is gone now.

My sister just wrote asking to get together again. Uhmmm nope.

So much for a study week. The 1.5 days I had to myself I was unable to make progress and now everyone wants a piece of me.

Next time I'm escaping even further away! (I need internet to do my work so going to a cabin in the woods doesn't work.)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 am

Thank you, Twins', you are a good cheerleader. I read your post twice to hear the motivation.

((Kathryn))

Harmony, when Dr. has credibility, listen of course. But just seeing you post that you'll have to hear, "the weight loss lecture again" doesn't make it sound as if she has it on that topic. Oh well, don't mind me. I have lots of doctor doubt.

Dee, I was sorry to hear your comment that your dsisil isn't remembering as well. I knew you and dh had been concerned before but I didn't know it was getting that much worse.

Dd19 wants me to make this a "donation day". She's gotten several tall kitchen trash bags ready to go so far.

For some reason, she's coughing, just out of the blue. Don't know what's going on with that.

Desk Day for the church today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:00 am

yesterday I took an extremely long nap - stress and sadness took a bit of a toll. dd younger is having a hard time with the loss of the young woman I mentioned in j & c. (both bc of similar ages and seeing my d brother hurting because of this). We did have a lovely morning with d mom yesterday. I must have needed a day off :D

so Today I am baby stepping - listened to videos - dh went to his glaucoma dr as his pressures are high again.

It is beautiful outside.

do the next right thing. order d dogs meds
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:01 am

hi d harriet
hi d kathryn
hi d twins

hello d everyone!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am

Kathryn, yesterday it was a parallel with our church/synagogue, today it is our dds. DD seldom goes a day without calling me for something. This was the woman who travelled independently in Jordan, Israel, Macedonia and Greece and lived away at college where we heard from her maybe once a week. This morning they are to replace some windows in her apartment so she wanted to come here to shower. Then she cooked herself breakfast. I made her clean up the kitchen but failed to inspect the bathroom. A second call after I texted her "tips for using someone else's shower." A call every day, sometimes two. :shock:

A.m. routine done except for folding some laundry. Dh will be late tonight, I am going to grill a pork tenderloin anyway because it needs to be used.

Now:
-continue getting rid of paper (scanning and recycling, or recycle, or trash or shred box)
-take out kitchen trash
-look for a command hook specific size I need

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 17, 2018 11:17 am

Ta daa, I am alive, h and I were chatting about even with our health issues were still here. Two extended family members died this mo. So still plugging a away. Slowly today.

H shift was a later one today with the rain.

More coffee going, qt, journaling done planning done, have written out prompts in my writers note book, Thurs. it is my writing day. I have pages to get our of a journal to cut and punch for my qt inspiration journal.

Floors need attn.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 17, 2018 11:20 am

Twins, you are lucky your DD continues to keep you "in the loop" of her life. I used to be like that with DD2 and we talked daily. I always knew what was going on in her family and felt part of it. Somewhere along the line we quit doing that and I can't tell you how I miss it. Definitely feel the 'distance'. I keep telling myself something's wrong between us, but when we do chat everything seems fine and she is friendly and nice.

(blessed) Sorry about DH eyes. More drops?

Ta Dahs:

Dailies took longer than usual. But they are done and I'm off to the middle chores of the day.

Desk chores took longer but everything is caught up to date. I knew this year was going to be hard for us for a lot of reasons and I am not surprised. What surprises me is the mental angst it is causing me. We are building a $200,000+ house with the Veterans Admin financing. It's no wonder.

LOL twirling.
Need to work on the floors next. Some kind of little bug coming in, need to vacuum and spray all the baseboards. It's the rain. Happens when rainy season starts every year. Thank goodness it's not those big bad bugs people get. I thought they were babies one year and showed a bug man, he said nope different thing. We rarely see anything in here. DH says they don't dare with me around. Life in the tropics!

Harriet, yep I'll get the lecture. Just looked at 6-months ago office report where she remarks about the weight loss plan etc etc she gave me. Nope. Just NOPE NOPE NOPE. Just the lecture. Not one word about how to accomplish this when nothing I do seems to work. She did tell me once she didn't believe in diets. :roll:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am

d harmony I don't know yet re: dh and eyes - He has had a couple surgeries to relieve pressure. He's had glaucoma since his 30's. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. thank you.

d everyone I want to read all about your day but I am a little foggy in the brain :o 8-) and I haven't really started my day.
I wish you all a wonderful day!

ordered meds for dogs
dd younger is babysitting today which is good for her (far away) she is at the store right now for herself and getting kambucha (lol not for me)
wrote a sympathy card for the parents of sweet girl lost the 15th. (I was going to get flowers but they were asking for donating to the family and did that instead). I was a bit upset that it put in how much I donated even though I checked don't show it. I wrote the website to remove it.
I also wrote down what I spent yesterday.
dd had to take my car as her car was stalling - I am thinking of selling my car to her and getting myself a new car as it is not worth the risk to have her drive this car.
spoke to d mom - she is adjusting!
took care of transferring money for house taxes.
threw in a load of laundry and threw laundry in dryer

I am tremendously behind in my mind 8-) I have to throw that thinking out the window.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”