Friday in Full Swing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Friday in Full Swing

Postby Nancy » Fri May 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Good news hen is alive and closer to home now next door. I have not done much this morning walked ddog, hunted down the hen saw her fly over a 6 ft. Fence. I am hoping she will hop the shorter one to get home soon. I filled in more on the low spot in the hens run for a bit more exercise. 99% sure the red hen is back on with the rest of the flock on their free range time now yea. Yep hens have been counted and all are accounted for.

Lots of rain today waiting a bit to run laundry. Made the bed. Had lunch have a plan for dinner. Making plans for June. Looking forward to planner workshop this weekend.

Thinking of the people in Texas effected by todays news.

We were going to go out for dinner but bs was up in to ack territory so have to reschedule that. Did several rounds in the yard. I mowed the front yard.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Amen to what you said, Nancy. All I can think is, please -not again. Couldn't help but think of dd and a few of the students she has. There but for the grace.....................

I slept very poorly -or rather didn't sleep- last night. Know I saw 4am and then awoke at 5:40 & up for a 'break' and back to sleep until 6:45. Set alarm for 7:15 as I had to meet dbil/dsisil for breakfast at 9. Actually reset it in about 10 minutes for 7:45. I've been dragged out all day and finally, finally feel like doing something. So will press the 'restart' button on my day and start from scratch. First have to jot down some things that absolutely have to be done.

Did talk again about going to lunch next Wednesday and breakfast next Friday. Told dbil/dsisil I'd probably pop over either Monday or Tuesday. As we said goodbye, dsisil said, "You'll be over tomorrow then." Rarely ever go there on a Saturday as dd is home.

DD is feeling better about not getting an interview for the job as engineering teacher for the high school. They contacted her yesterday and told her that they're adding a "Construction class" and that will be joined with the engineering class. The present teacher will be joined by his assistant as the construction teacher. Aha! The job was never really posted.

Ok, off to get something done!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 18, 2018 5:11 pm

We're back on the road again for the last leg of the trip.

Dh is in a hurry because he'd like to meet up with some Brazilians he met in Miami and take them out for Beavertails this evening. I will decide if I will join them once we get home.

We ate the fish and chips at a picnic table instead of in the car but there was a cold wind off Seaway so I am chilled now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Home.

My suitcase is unpacked and ready to put away as is the backup suitcase.

I have three loads of laundry to do so the first is on, the rest are lined up (may not get them all done tonight.

I've got the thermoses in soak with baking soda because they smell on the inside. One of sour milk and the other of mint tea. The rest of the food items are put away. I put the ice jugs back in the freezer and then went over the ice packs I have. They've been on the balcony over the winter and then in the corner of the kitchen once I started to tidy up the balcony. Some were leaking so those have been tossed. The rest are washed and drying on the counter. I'll put them in the freezer. I have another pile I use for medical ice packs but these are to keep food cool.

Dd has confirmed Mother's Day Observed on Monday. I've reminded ds.

I'm ready to fall asleep. I'm having a cup of decaf tea in the hopes that will wake me up a bit. After 4 days in a row of over 10K steps, I have 4500 today.

From door to door was almost 8 hours but that included a stop to buy lunch, a long stop for gas (long lineup) and dinner stop. I'm wondering how long it will take with dgs in the van in 10 days when we do the drive again.

Return to “Post When You Can”