Friday in Full Swing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday in Full Swing

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:55 am

finished my morning routine in kitchen.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm glad we tapped because there was a fare check during our ride. Dh is really thankful I remembered since he completely forgot.

We are driving now in fairly heavy traffic but it is fast/slow/fast /slow. We stopped at a grocery store and picked up a salad for my lunch. We'll stop for fish and chips whenever we get to that town but it will be too late for a lunch and too early for dinner.

I feel like napping now but the driving isn't smooth enough for that.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Nancy, I hope that hen comes home to roost!

Good job, Ken in Canada - reminds me of the running-through-airports jokes and commercials.

I suppose I have "swished" through the first portions of church Desk Day, and since reconciliation was correct on the first swish through, this is a simpler DD than usual so far. (lol - no hair tearing)

That doesn't mean I'm easy to get along with, however. :| I think HRH was sorry he popped out of office for a while. I was - um - disappointed at the moment over the state of the house.

General cleaning happening on an alternate basis: Desk, Clean, Desk, Clean.

So that both mail and trash/recyclables could happen on the same mini-trip out the door (thankfully missing the rain). Cans were turned over, water standing in the ones that were upright. Sigh. So I was irritable, but done.

Next up, front bathroom.

Dd is at work - she called to say parking was not a problem and she also seemed to be missing the rain during her initial walk. This is her first experience of driving to a univ parking deck and walking to work. She feels cautious about these few early summer days in which she is not paid up for parking. She paid for the summer, but their "summer" doesn't kick in until the 21st.

She is having company over :o at 4:00, hence I'm fretting a little extra over the house, which has looked like a storm hit it ever since she moved all her stuff back. These two young people, a boy and a girl from her univ who are dating, have never been here before.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Good morning! DD16 did not have much homework and I was hoping to take her to the library, but she decided to eat popcorn and play a video game. She is not much of a gamer, so I let her. She did not like the store bought roast beef as much as Arbys, but pronounced it edible. I talked to the solar people and told them I can NOT deal with this now. Major construction during a surgical recovery sounds like a disaster in the making. Also, I have not had time to research this (how does it affect my insurance? what if I need a new roof that is NOT covered by insurance? taxes? etc etc etc).

Today started with a daily load failure, for which I was able to determine a cause and fix. Oracle handles dates before 1753, SQL does not, so moving data from one to the other can be trouble. However, no one was actually receiving benefits from the state of NM in 1720 (it didn't exist!), so we simply filtered that record out.

Tonight's essentials are: two grad gifts (maybe day planners) and Bunco. I need to find out if we are having cat clinic on Memorial Day weekend. I'm up for skipping it as there is a going away party I would like to attend and it does not look like anyone is available for my shift. I'd also like to spend the extra time with my knit/crochet group, but cannot be three places at once.

My lunchtime reading is a collection of short stories in a book called Carmen Miranda's Ghost is Haunting Space Station Three. Very appropriate for a Friday. A bunch of authors were given that as a story premise It's great fun.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:12 pm

hi d elizabeth - I can see why you wouldn't want to do major construction after your surgery!
hope you have a good day!

hi d Harriet glad there wasn't any hair tearing :shock: :D
yay on your work!

hi d kathryn hello!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:12 pm

finished paperwork :shock:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 18, 2018 2:31 pm

I've piddled some and started challah for Shabbat dinner for me and dh. I'll make two small loaves so one can go somewhere else. I'm also going to make cheesecake squares for dd's event tomorrow night at temple, but I think I'll make those in the a.m. Better not to have them around overnight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi!

Slept in a bit later than I really wanted to. Had a long list of places I had to go today. WMart for dry cat food. A $12 bag lasts almost 6 months. Too bad I bought other things that weren't really needed. Then on to the Costco Zoo. Kids had today off, so it was even worse than a Friday before a long weekend. Now they have a garden center, so it was even worse. People stacking these huge bags of mulch ACROSS their carts. Of course, there were numerous places to stop for samples because it's a Friday at lunch time. With all the kids all over the store running from sample to sample it was even more of a zoo. Dh asked me to pick him up something there. Just like WMart, I spent too much time and too much money buying what I didn't really need although I got out for less than $100, which is always nice.

When I got home, I noticed that dh had moved things around in the garage so that I could get the tractor out easier. I put the stuff in the fridge that needed a fridge and then I cut the grass.

If I am really lucky I got all of the groceries that I needed except potatoes... darn. That WMart doesn't have the fresh produce section and I couldn't go through the produce section in Costco. I checked the freezer before I left home so I saved myself the trip to Niagara Falls for bread, but that also has the awesome grocery store that has the massive bags of potatoes.

Oh well, I guess I left something for dh and I to do tomorrow morning.

No idea what we are having for supper tonight. There is a service club having an all-you-can-eat wing night in a town nearby. Dh mentioned last night that he could eat at least $20 worth of wings.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 18, 2018 3:16 pm

As soon as the pediatrician office opened this morning I called to see if DS9 could be seen. They had a cancellation which we grabbed. DS9 tested positive for Strep. We are home with a z-pack. Doc said DS9 would feel better tomorrow.

Both of the kids are laying down resting now.

I need to go through my morning routine and finish some items that were skipped.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:19 pm

brother is still working on front wall
mom and dd younger went out and got lunch for us and I cut up a bunch of fruit. I love having a house full.
cleaned up table and dishes
mom went home (not cheery)
I need to go to the bank and post office then home and work in yard (fingers crossed) I have not swished and swiped but that is ok to miss one day
no laundry needed

heading out for a bit!

hi d lady
hello d Cathy!

hi d twins!

Return to “Post When You Can”