Peace Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Peace Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:42 am

Today: what will you do just for you that will give you peace in your week. Renew your spirit!

put your oxygen mask on yourself first - breath in!

Be kind to yourself today and plan some time for just you! What will you do today?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Peace Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 am

I was up early. I am getting tired of one of the d cats waking up to the birds singing at 4 in the morning and meowing loudly!

This kitty bit me yesterday :shock: I totally mistook cat behaviour that I would normally work for dogs. I was thinking dog not cat.

today is the ballet and a graduation party I don't really want to go to. Friend of dd younger.

My family is asleep. :D

have a blessed day!!! enjoy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:47 am

kitchen morning routine done - except this morning dd's and dh left things in the sink without rinsing (there are 3 egg dishes dh hasn't done and I now usually do it but I asked him if he would do it for a couple days and he said yes). I need to day off of dishes that aren't mine. dd younger left her dishes (all of them) in the sink from making pancakes and I asked her to do it before we left yesterday. So today I put a sign up asking for others to wash their own dishes as I am taking Sunday off. I did say I love you and it was not a mean note. Just firm but kind. Once the sink is empty I will clean the sink. everything else is done even vacuum and swipe.

threw a load of towels in the washer

next paper work and empty my purse

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 am

Bw2 - Thank you for the great start today!

I am practicing exquisite self-care. It is something that I have to focus on to do. It doesn't come easily to me, but it does bring calmness & peace.

My schedule has been scrubbed because I am home again today. DS9 fever has dropped but his throat is still raw and hurts to eat. He was NOT pleased about this decision to stay home today. In addition to missing time with his friends at church, another one of his friends is having a birthday party at a new indoor kids place this afternoon and DS9 has been looking forward to attending. I agree with him. I was looking forward to going too. But it is not going to happen.

I've been busy in the kitchen this morning and have batched cooked multiple dishes. Next up is cooking sweet potatoes in the instant pot.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:42 am

poor baby! It is so hard to miss things and then to hurt and feel yucky! praying he heals fast! Sorry you both won't be able to get out today! self care doesn't come easily to me either d lady. Good for you for taking care of yourself!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:44 am

My bills :D /my checking account :D / my charges :shock: are all balanced and I am looking ahead for what is going to cost money the rest of the week. I have a choice to put my last payment for couch on my charge card or just pay it off. But it will leave me 500 in cash for the rest of the month. think think think. I can pay it off my card June 1. I think I just want to get rid of it and be very very frugal.

parking for 3 hours across from the theatre cost me $48 wow - I could have parked somewhere else and take a taxi for a lot cheaper but with the restaurant convention going on in the city I thought it would not be prudent of me to search all over for a taxi- I didn't check ahead.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 20, 2018 11:29 am

Morning ...

I am enjoying my smoothie this morning while I watch the Sunday news.

Yesterday I did stripped my bed, did four loads of laundry, iron my sheets and pillow cases remade my bed, and put all the laundry away. I enjoyed watching the Preakness and am looking forward to the French Open which starts next week. My mom was an avid tennis player and loves to watch all the Opens. This give me something to talk to her about instead of listening to her aches and pains.

My house is in great order. Later I will venture to the grocery store to shop for the week. With all this healthy eating and smoothie making the inside of my fridge looks like a produce stand.

LadyM... whenever my son came down with streph I had to get two prescriptions from the dr...one for my son and on for me because with out it I got it too just from taking care of him. I always knew when my son was coming down with it because he would start throwing up from the infection dripping down into his stomach... never failed.

Off to water my flowers and then I’ll head to my shower.

Enjoy your day...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 20, 2018 12:16 pm

I slept well have spiffed up the house after a fashion, did a m stuff. Bed is made swept and gotten things for dgd to look at for the apt. That she might be interested in. Small dresser is empty might be good for an apt., 2 chairs are together, kitchen items are out and handy.

Got h to retrieve his lunch containers off the counter and I cleaned up after making his pasta for salad noodles are cooling. H is prepping his lunch stuff that can be done ahead yea for progress.

I am taking a break now. I will walk the ddog in a bit & do a rock drop later on.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 20, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:21 pm

totally understand d rose regarding having things to talk about. My d grandpa never complained but once said that old age is not for the weak as everything hurts and then he smiled. (he had a hair line fracture in his vertebra and that was the only time he said anything). My d grandmother and d mom just the opposite. :D

yay on your work yesterday!!! so happy for you that your house is in lovely shape. What a blessing you give to yourself!
enjoy your day d rose!

hi d Nancy - glad you had a nice sleep! yay on your work! So nice your dgd is able to use things for her apt.
have a great day too!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:23 pm

My paper work is very caught up. I figured out my week - always feeling optimistic! 8-)

towels drying.

now for clutter check :D
No need to water outside it is raining again. it is in the 40's and I closed the windows and turned on the heat ;)

routines are done
no house blessing or zone work today. I need to get some cash for a grad party card for tonight.

Return to “Post When You Can”