MONDAY, MONDAY ..........

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: MONDAY, MONDAY ..........

Postby lucylee » Mon May 21, 2018 11:10 pm

OH :evil: )*&(+(_!@#$(* :evil:

I just lost the NICEST post... replying to everyone... thoughtful responses to each of you...

And then * CLICK * I hit the wrong thing and it's gone.

I've had so little time to respond and think through what all going on as I cuop... but now I'm about to fall asleep at the computer so please, just forgive me & know that I was thinking of you ALL.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Re: MONDAY, MONDAY ..........

Postby Harriet » Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 am

thank you for thinking of us, lucylee. And that's a great award! I bet what it really means is, "hey, a teachable kid! how cool is this."

We're all still in school in the systems here for a week or so. but you can tell they're winding down.

Our green-eyed boy and two K classmates WON the primary grades part of parent-teacher org talent show with their lip-sync, paper-bearded version of "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow" from the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou? IMO as an unbiased grandperson, it was his over-the-top dancing as "Pete" in the background that got the attention. In fairness, "Everett" (the Clooney part) must stand still a lot, pretending to sing at the microphone, so with beards covering faces that boy couldn't show much personality. When "Pete" and "Delmar" did go to the microphone, the audience applauded loudly in appreciation of all their dancing, lol.

Tobias and I did our tag-team of a lizard today quick-quick, and he was so gentle with it that it didn't even drop its tail. It ran off into the front yard unscathed. So he got extra kitty food and lots of petting. I always think if the lizard gets back into the "wild" okay, it will tell its kin "you don't want to go in THERE."

I made a large grocery trip today. For some reason, very hard on me. I was exhausted and kinda down when I got home. It was a lonely trip without dd or HRH, maybe, and I was thinking too much. Saw no one I knew, to even break up the mute trip and say hi, even though it seemed crowded.

btw Ramblin' I was thinking about your post about library etc. and I think that must be difficult each year.

Then my truck-farming dcousin came with bags of beautiful romaine and already-washed spinach, which I immediately put into a huge salad similar to the one I had a few days ago, but this time with garnish of walnut bits along with the orange pieces on top. He certainly brightened my spirits - so generous. We were finished eating when I realized I'd forgotten sprouts, but that's okay. Less garlic in my new dressing recipe meant I wasn't blinking so much afterward, lol.

My time with toddlerC has been switched to Thursday, so I need to do a mental change-around of some of my week.

Return to “Post When You Can”