MONDAY, MONDAY ..........

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY, MONDAY ..........

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 21, 2018 9:10 am

You finish the song!

I'm up and am ready to s2s and dress. Did things in reverse order today as I needed to do a LOL first. Unfortunately we're holding our breath with each LOL as the dryer (which is probably only 5 years old) is giving us fits and hard to start or keep running. Seeing a new one by fall. We did look at L owe's Saturday just to check on models and pricing. DD really would like to replace her front loading washer too -she's hated it almost since the time she bought it. Found a pair that we both really liked. Have a feeling she'll have to make the plunge sooner than later.

I'm through all my meds and breakfast and coffee. Now to get on with it.

Will see what I can get packed. Talked to dh last night. Think he's almost 'dreading' my coming home as he looks around the RV. Said, "I look around and think 'she's coming home in a week!'" Told him to just leave it, I'll get to it by Tuesday of next week. Sure I'll be too tired to care before that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: MONDAY, MONDAY ..........

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:37 am

d lucy hope your dh is feeling better today!
d harriet hope you find out why df left church early and see what she is feeling. your kind spirit will find a way to talk to her.
(I am sure you were the only one that noticed the singing)

d dee good morning!!!hope your dryer starts to behave itself. I wish you a awesome beautiful day. Thank your so much for starting us - I always love seeing your smiling face!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:42 am

i am still following the be nice to me in May. (but I have to work on making exercise a daily be nice to me as part of my daily thought and routine) It does change my attitude to forgive myself if I can't follow through.

today: I have to take my d aunt and d mom shopping. It is pouring again today!!! We have has so much rain and cold that our plants are starting to have problems - rot. I feel for the farmers.

I have been up since 6:15 and did nothing! I have to leave at 10:15 :shock: 8-) :D

I wish you all a great day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 21, 2018 9:56 am

And a great day to you, Blessedw2! Yes, we have had oodles of rain and there's really no end in sight. This is really June/July weather -not May! I've been watching the weather all up the east coast for our trip which begins Friday. I'm meeting dbil/dsisil about 8am on the other side of Lakeland for breakfast and leaving from there on Friday. Have decided against I-4, rain or no rain. Will go up 301 instead. Will take me longer but I have all day. DD will leave from her school a little after noon time. So maybe I can get to the hotel and nap for an hour or so till dd gets there and then either order in or go out. We often order pizza to be delivered the first night so we don't have to go back out. Dh and I do too when we travel.

I've been busy all morning. I'm finally s2s and a LOL all done. Managed to get it dry despite the dryer acting up. Think dd should probably unplug it while we're gone -or turn off the breaker to the laundry room. She is going to turn off the water in there. I have to look to see if I can turn off the water to our toilet for the summer. So afraid of something going awry with the water. We finally learned up home when we still had the house, to turn off water to the house BEFORE we came down here for any length of time. The only thing dd wants to leave running are the fridge (and hope there are no power off storms) and the AC. Going to set that at 82. Anyone have other experiences with the AC while being gone?

I have several things just bunched together (like toiletries, makeup, medical, etc). Going to dump it all on the dining room table and get it sorted. Could just pile them all in, but I want it all sorted and ready to put away when I get home. So, I'm going to follow my own advice! "Begun is half done......so.....just begin".
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 21, 2018 10:02 am

Up early today song birds woke me up. I am waiting for coffee to kick in. Journaling is done, I reclaimed desk, table & counters. I cooked eggs last nite I will devil them later on. Also got the trash dumped last nite. Spiffed up the bed today. Bit by bit we can do this!

Yd work in a bit.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 21, 2018 10:26 am

Shall I make it "Monday, Monday, So good to me?" I'm trying to get planning for the week underway...we are heading to the beach next Sunday morning for a week. So this is one of those lists that I always do before we take off for a trip, trying to tie up loose ends.

Today I have the online noon discussion group - it will go at least 1.5 hours today. And at 4 p.m. I'm supposed to meet a handyman for the neighbor who is considering buying mother's house and show him the house. The neighbor has a copy of the appraisal and dh thinks he will make a lowball offer based on what the handy man says.

I've done a.m. routine except for s2s, making the bed and continuing laundry. I'm pushing the major laundry off until later in the week so things will be clean for the trip. I'll s2s before I head to mother's house later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 21, 2018 10:45 am

Morning...

I’m up and starting my day. First up color my hair, then a library run. Want to hit that when it’s first open. By then the new books will be shelves and my choices will be better. The library isn’t much fun when the snowbirds are here as they attack the books like ants on an apple. I’m not fond of most of them, excluding Mr Guy and Norma because many are very rude and inconsiderate. My area swells by 300,000 during the winter and my small library really gets hit hard.

Dee... we always set our ac at 88 when we’re gone and never have had a problem. We unplug somethings but not many, and never my washer or dryer. However my dryer wasn’t acting weird. If I were you I would leave my house hurricane ready in case a big storm hit while you were gone. That’s what I used to do when I lived in AL and knew I would be gone during hurricane season.

We also leave lights and a radio on a timer so it mirrors what our home looks like from the outside. I never close my shutters in the front of my home because it faces north and Willis likes to look out. And though you can’t see anything else but that room if you were to look in the window from the outside, the living room light does filter through a bit. Because of that I never close those shutters so when we go away I leave those shutters as they usually are. I try to keep the lights and sounds they way they normally are so my home doesn’t look deserted.

Off to start my day... enjoy yours :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 21, 2018 11:32 am

Dee: We always shut off the water to the house. Being 2 storey, a leak in a toilet or tap could ruin an awful lot of the house.

We had a hose go in the laundry room once when the water was turned back on. We came in late at night, dumped the bags, in the laundry room, turned on the water, went to bed. Thankfully I needed something out of my bag and went downstairs to the laundry room. Stepped into water and knew we had a problem.

No damage in the laundry room (mopped it up quickly enough) but it was at the tap and they were in a cutout in the wall. The water ran down inside the wall (as well as along the hose which is why water was in the laundry room) and came out on items in the unfinished storage room below. Ironically, everything down there was protected from flooding coming up from below, not above, so we lost some books.

Now, we can't turn off the water (not allowed to) but at the same time it is not our responsibility. As for a/c. we set it quite warm now, as we did before but we used to leave a window open as well. You won't be able to do that. We can't do that anymore due to the high winds here.

I'm up and productive but a long list to do today. Have to step away from the computer at the moment because dh needs access to my desk.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Back on from doing yard work two beds done yea, I have a bit of compost to move will do that later on. That is my exercise for today. I finished the deviled eggs.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 21, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm physically exhausted. I spent 2 hours vacuuming, dusting and mopping. With a bit of tidying thrown in (but not a lot.) I still have to put away the mop and bucket, dust the office, water the plants and swish the spare bathroom.

I might save that dusting and spare bathroom for tomorrow.

We put up the summer paintings and I switched to spring/summer bedding. So there are additional loads of laundry, dh's duvet and the bed cover. I put a light cover over the bed (microfiber blanket in winter, a sheet in the summer) since it looks unkempt with the two single duvets (and dh won't let me make the bed the Nordic way, each duvet folded lengthwise, one on each side of the bed because he says it looks like we don't really sleep together.)

Today is Mother's Day Observed so I need to get over to dd's in about an hour.

I'm having a snack now since I skipped lunch.

Return to “Post When You Can”