are you over-goaling? do what you need Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: are you over-goaling? do what you need Tuesday

Postby lucylee » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Thanks for that reminder, Harmony. You are so right — it is not my circus.
Talked to ds about it as well, and he is unconcerned, pointing out again, that dgs couldn’t care less if anyone shows up or not.

She lives close by, I guess, but ddil has probably not spoken to her mom halfa dozen times. It’s not like they run into each other all the time.
And a very important point — the fact that dgs says she is his best friend does NOT mean she would say the same about him!!! In fact, at times during the year, dgs has been quite positive that she was best friends with a little girl in the class and/or another boy.
Only one child (a boy) from his kindergarten class IS invited, the boy who is having the swimming party this weekend.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Yikes I had to leave my computer and it is making me so anxious to be without it. And the anxiety isn’t even so much that I could lose stuff, it’s just being w/o it. I get antsy if someone else uses it too.

I had a good time w cousin and seeing Mom. Lunch was carb and sugar heavy and that has made me sleepy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 22, 2018 2:43 pm

I was able to get that section done in the shade yea! Watching vids of 5 golden tickets of Britain's got talent. I will reseed in a bit when I water the rest. I have 3 or 4 plants to relocate will do that in a bit. Done! West side yard in front done yippie. Back west done for now.... unless I change my mind lol.

Lost a bracelet while gardening but found it so greatful!

Did a store run.

Harriet dgd refuzed to have a car the first yr. Of collage bc of parking fees.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 22, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Picked up DGD6 from school. They went to the splash pad today and then let out 1.5 hours early. I seriously doubt any academic progress was made today. Ohs well. Tomorrow is last day of school and it lets out at noon. DGD6 is graduating from 1st grade while reading at 3rd grade level. She is always #1 on all math scores in her class. She only missed one spelling word THE ENTIRE YEAR and that was on a Pre-test. DS9 and DGD6 are polar opposites with the academic effort required to learn something. That is why I can not do school with DS9 when DGD6 is around. She learns things with almost no effort and he becomes frustrated and stresses because he doesn't. DS9 does know he learns slowly but as long as it isn't "in his face" it is okay. A couple days ago he paused while practicing his subtraction facts and said "Do you know i have been working on learning these for 5 years now?" My response was "And????" As I pointed out all the green numbers (they turn green when knows those facts) and said: "Look how well you are doing!!" He was content with seeing his progress and went back to work on them.

I started 2 projects this weekend and am still working on them. Baby stepping my way through them. I am quite content to make slow progress this way. As long as I see daily progress it seems it is okay to just do the next thing in the project when I have bits of time here and there.

I am looking forward to finishing these 2 projects so I can start the project of opening the swimming pool. The first week of pool opening is a time hog. I can't do that and other projects at the same time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 22, 2018 4:46 pm

I need a working computer! I rely on it too much for it to be sick.

I got out the laptop I abandoned last year when I rec’d new one for Mothers’ day. It is slower than molasses but I am taking some things off hoping to be able to use Word tomorrow to work on Pro gen assignment. According to the online support log they haven’t touched it yet.

I had a cry along the way.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue May 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Hello everyone. I wanted to look in quickly while I could. We have finally had rain here off and on for the past couple of days, sometimes with thunder, so I have to keep unplugging tv, computer etc. Tv is unplugged at the moment.

Harmony, I'm so sorry you are having a rough time lately, both with your health and your office work. I wish I was closer to you so that I could help somehow!

Lady M, you always seem to know the best things to say to ds9. You both are doing so well with his schooling. It is good that dgd6 learns so quickly, too.

Goals...I am good at making lists of goals I want/need to accomplish, but I am not as quick at crossing off those items. It is mostly physical with me; after I am on my feet for a couple of hours my hip and back start hurting and I need to sit and rest. But I just keep on however I can.

Twins, I know how you feel about your computer. Friday evening Windows on my netbook did a big update, which it said would take a while - which it did. When I tried to restart I couldn't get it to open again at first. When I finally got the sign in screen I have no desktop, only a black screen with the recycle bin icon at the top. I don't think there is internet either. I had called ds#3 to help; we tried rebooting, troubleshooting/repair and restore. Nothing worked. Now he said he was going to ask someone at his work if they have any ideas, so I'm waiting on that.

I've kind of been following to volcano in HI. On one of my rests I found a website with live feed of one of the eruptions which I watched for a few minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtihmXFWqGo. Scary!

Time to fix supper and I hear more thunder...thinking about everyone here, see you later....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue May 22, 2018 6:24 pm

waving from Wednesday
LOL on the line.
Dishes washed
Anxiety way up
Tai chi today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 22, 2018 7:40 pm

<Quickly adds "Activate New User" to my to-do list>

Since I've last wandered in, I got only a few things done. I had my bang trim, did the banking, picked up some groceries. I have figured out the plays we'll go to next year and I hope to get that purchased tonight. I did something from tomorrow's to-do list. I spent too much time online. I visited with ds. I helped cleaned up the rotten potato mess. I ate my dinner (dh cooked.) And I activated a new user.

Not a lot crossed off my very long list.

Dh had a good appointment at the travel doctor. That's why I was away from home instead of working hard after the hair appointment - I drove him over to save on parking, then ran an errand and waited at a mall for him to text. That's when I figured out dates for the plays and I just confirmed them with him.

Ds had some stuff to drop off. I had emailed him earlier today about the fact that I'll likely be in touch more often but he can request I not be if it creeps him out (part of the engaging questions is interact positively with my family.) He let me know that's just fine with him. He's recently eliminated daily Facebook checking and asked us last night if we had noticed. I saw just enough activity to keep me from worrying (he often disappears when depressed.) Tonight he told me that I should be watching his calendar and if I see a drop in activity to start worrying but that is a good way to keep up with him. He said he uses the calendar to write his part of our Christmas letter so will even go back and add events after they happened so he won't forget about them.

I'm impressed with the ways he works at keeping depression at bay. He won't use meds so it is physical activity level that he uses. He's talking about starting a woodworking side-business now so that's a really positive step. He's always had a creative side that he couldn't express because things didn't turn out how he saw them in his head, so as he learns woodworking (he's taking courses at the college) he's starting to be able to express himself that way.

When there's a loss at the birthing unit, they have nice cardboard boxes they send the parents home holding foot prints, and photos and records. He'd like to make small keepsake boxes instead of a cardboard box since he feels cardboard doesn't reflect the magnitude of the loss. He plans on making some and donating them to see how they are received.

Ok, enough online time, time to get back to work.

<update later>

Hmmm, bought the 'custom packages' to the Little Theatre (I buy certificates to exchange for tickets to individual shows) but then I went to get the tickets and they don't go on sale until August 14. I understand that's so season ticket holders get first dibs but now I don't know if I'll get the dates we need. Last year, I bought the package in July and didn't understand/forgot I hadn't bought tickets. I did the ticket exchange in September and couldn't get the dates I wanted for hardly anything. So this might be a problem. To get a season package is $120 more and there are 9 shows and I only want to go to 5. There's the advantage of guaranteeing seat and day during the run, and I could give the other tickets away for silent auctions and stuff but I'd rather just save the money. After all, we aren't available for the same day of the run for every play which is why I spent so long working out dates today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 22, 2018 8:54 pm

I'm about done for the day. I am about useless after 15 hours.

After I ate supper, I spent an hour on the front porch painting. I am in the primer phase. Another coat and I'll move on to using the final paint. It is slow tedious painting because the wooden post has all kinds of details in it. Earlier today I finished the final coat of paint on the handrail and decorative railing around the edge of the porch. Baby stepping my way through this project.

We had a friend stop by for a visit. She is running for state senate. I enjoyed our discussion. She will definitely be getting my vote.

I think DD and DSIL marriage is over. They are still living in the same house but in separate rooms and separate lives. This means DGD6 will be here more than she already is. I am not surprised but my heart is heavy over this.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Oh, LadyM, I'm sorry about your DD.

Well I paid for the slow start this morning. I got less done, but I needed the mental rest and it helped.

I was working in the kitchen, prepping a lot of stuff. Snapped and cooked a whole big bag of green beans and washed and cut up other veggies. Then I decided to run to pharmacy to pick up Rx before they closed.

I did that in a roaring rain and wind storm. My goodness everything was really flooded. Parking lot of full of water running every which way and I was slow and careful not to fall. The water was up over my ankles. Soaked my shoes and socks. Fortunately I knew it'd be sloppy so just wore my rubber work shoes.

When I got home there was DH working on the wiring in his truck still...all day... and he was just stuck needing help. Not enough hands to do it all and hold flashlight, etc. So I crawled in the truck (we were working up under the dashboard) and somehow we got everything done. Not. Easy. Even brought things in to solder wire that had come loose. Well the fan works now; the a/c turns on and has a variable switch that goes from low to high. He's burned out 5 or 6 switches trying to get this right. This one is heavy duty and special ordered and came to us from China so we'll see how it goes. He did a lot of wiring work to make this one right. Fingers crossed.

That was several hours' work. We didn't get to eat till after 8. I'd made spaghetti sauce and I had mine over zucchini and mushrooms. Wasn't expecting much but that was delicious! More filling than eating noodles, too.

DH cut his finger open pretty badly trying to get some honeydew cut up. I bandaged it twice, it was just gushing. He's supposed to go out working tomorrow, this was a bad time for this to happen. :(

Sunny, I was always sorry we ended up so far from each other, we could have been a help to each other. Are you and Dee getting as much rain as we have been?

Time for bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”