THRILLING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THRILLING THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 am

Thrilling for me because it's my final day here before starting the trek north. Very anxious to see dh.

Have an appointment at 10 to get my toenails cut and a perm. Then I'll finish loading the car before it decides on the daily rains. Saw the other day where we have had over 13" of rain so far this month. The rainy season started at least 2 weeks early, but then Mother Nature probably doesn't check her calendar. Then there's the tropical depression/storm building in the Gulf. Thinking of Sunny and Harmony as I head out of this state.

We're trying to leave the house ready in case of severe storms and/or hurricanes. But dd has a whole checklist of things to get done in her classroom before she leaves tomorrow. She tried to stay late Monday but simply got way too cold. She can't adjust the temp in her room and it's COLD. She'll leave from school tomorrow when she finishes and her room is checked by administration. Thus we're traveling "together" but separately. We'll meet up at the hotel in Hardeeville, SC. We hope to make it to the north side of Winchester, VA on Saturday and home on Sunday. Weather is anything but promising. I absolutely hate driving in rain. Scares me.

We have Trivia tonight. Almost wish we didn't as it's always hard for me to get to sleep after an invigorating evening.

Need to go soak my feet and get dressed and eat.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: THRILLING THURSDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:08 am

dearest dee a good morning to you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:16 am

waiting to talk to ww coach for the first time. trying to break my non thinking mode - mindless eating.

good morning. Most of my bwp and home blessings have been on hold the last couple days.
dd younger and I took d mom out pretty much all day for her birthday and had a really lovely time. I love my d mom and family in grandma and family mode. when there is no stress or anxiety d mom is awesome and very cute!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am

Am up, breakfast over, journal & planning done, watching Chelsea garden show on u tube of previous years. I swept the kit and hall. Spiffed up the bed. No yd work today it is my inside day. Seed stems are falling now so seeds are about done yea & I'm thrilled w my progress!

Vac lr x
spot mop x
start laundry fold & put away 2 lol x x x
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 24, 2018 9:36 am

Happy Birthday, Dee!

Thank you for starting us off on your natal day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 24, 2018 9:43 am

I've been up for a while now and making some progress. Not turning on the computer has its advantages but I wanted to remember to acknowledge Dee's birthday since she's the one who usually remembers to acknowledge the rest of us who have shared their birthdays (the master list is in the Members Only thread, titled Special Dates.) Dh is great help with things - his tickler system works better than mine because he actually checks it each morning!

I was to babysit today but dd's appointment got moved.

Dh and I have a doctor appointment for him this afternoon. Our cardiologist makes throw-away lines and at my appointment he said we don't have to worry about me. Dh, on the other hand, we do have to worry about. So I'm going along today to find out what symptoms I should be watching for. His valve is noisy enough at times that I wear ear buds at night so I don't have listen to it. Once I 'hear' it, I can't stop focusing on it. So I should probably know the warning signs are and what to do. Dh supposedly knows them but if he can't communicate (or ignores them) then I should know too.

At 6 p.m. we have a presentation at the local bank about estate planning for your digital assets (loyalty points, social media accounts, etc.)

I'm hoping to work on the church report today but need to deal with email first.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:49 am

had my ww coach - really great talking to her. I enjoyed it a lot. Nothing earth shattering but just helpful to get my mindset adjusted. I have that ADD thinking and sometimes i just need someone outside of myself to pull that little part of my brain back into line.

today I am running errands - new freezer

d dee Happy birthday!!! enjoy your day!!!

Good morning d Nancy!

Yay to d Nancy and d Kathryn and d dee for progressing ahead! I will be praying for good things for your dh d kathryn!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 24, 2018 10:17 am

Happy Birthday DDee!!

Kathryn - I am pondering "throw-away lines". Wondering if that is IV type physical lines or saying from the doctor that you want to remember.

I didn't want to go do my walk this morning but made myself go. Once I got started I really enjoyed it. This is a good thing for me to remember. Doing it brings joy.

Today is the start of the summer for the kids. We will be switching to a lighter homeschool schedule with a goal of doing 2 hours Mon - Friday with focus on Math and Reading. I am a fan of doing year-round school and taking 5 days a month off when we want. I have learned that taking a long break is not worth the hassle and pain of restarting school.

One of DS9 friends that he went to public school with for 4 years now lives 2 blocks away from us. Yesterday they discovered how close they live to each other with great joy. I think this boys parent work full time and leave him on his own most of the time. I suspect he is going to be a frequent visitor in our home. Thankfully he is a good kid, respectful and with a great attitude. He is one of my favorite kids in DS9 group of friends. I'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. I am very aware that having a boy and girl together frequently is potentially an opportunity for problems. DGD6 turns 7 next week. The kids mature faster today. Having a boyfriend/girlfriend at that age is common. >>>>groan<<<<

I'll leave the kids with DH and attend my DCousin Celebration of Life this afternoon. I think that I will be the only person there from our limb of the family tree.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 24, 2018 10:25 am

Bw2 - I'm glad WW is helping you. When I did WW I had several youtube video that I followed and enjoyed learning from. This was one of my favorites. I think I have watched all their videos over the years.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 24, 2018 10:35 am

Good morning everyone and happy birthday Dee!

The doctor gave the ok for roller coasters on my vacation and I have purchased FL tickets for myself and DD16. I also got the insurance in case anything unexpected happens. This surgery is for two separate gynecological issues rather than my foot and will be a relief, so I am glad to get it done before I leave. I still need to arrange car and hotel. I have decided not to get non-cancellable amusement park tickets far in advance, but will wait until closer to time. I need to arrange a ride for surgery too. I thought I'd ask at my Sunday school class, there are retirees and teachers there. In fact, I may be the only one working this summer. Other option would be to hire a youth group teen.

I did get my report to generate the Excel file. It was a doofus error. Today, of course, is to work on another report! I may be late leaving, because one of the carpoolers has a meeting. Normally, he would simply drive himself, but after noticing his check engine light yesterday, I suggested he come with us. He is getting his car fixed tomorrow.

Tonight's WTF is the church webwork. The service this weekend is a different time than usual, so it is of vital importance! DD's last day of school is today, so she will be coming tonight. She leaves for DC Saturday. She will be gone most of the summer. Catching up on home emails is also in the queue.

Return to “Post When You Can”