THRILLING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: THRILLING THURSDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:36 am

what a joy for your ds9 and his d friend.

girl friends at 9 is common? I probably misunderstood.

d lady thank you so much for the link!

d lucy - I am sorry I couldn't give you the link of Kat's for anxiety talk - it was on her Patreon account. Kimmy in She's in her Apron is a cute young mom who talks about her anxiety sometimes.

I have a background headache again but it is so beautiful outside and I am planning to get outside.
today is my errand day
My coach and chairs came in and they look fresh and nice.

ready to finally start my day :shock: 8-) :D

WAVING AT ELIZABETH!

ta ta and cheerio!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 24, 2018 11:05 am

HOLY MOLY! Just looked at the airline reservation and found that the return flights were pm instead of the am I thought I had chosen! It is still within the 24 hour change window, so I got that fixed. What a doofus error!

Waving back to BLESSEDW2!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 24, 2018 11:12 am

Happy birthday greetings for Dee!
I did a rock drop and have started another lol.
A funny thing happened the ddog would not eat until I put it outside on the deck then she ate it just fine maybe she needed a picnic.

I am filling a box of donations.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 24, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 24, 2018 11:14 am

My stress level is sky high because it appears (according to the support ticket) that my computer hasn't been touched, much less fixed. Then I talked to a tech who says it's in rough shape and "maybe" I can have it back tomorrow. It's killing me. My anxiety is over the top today. And why is this screen moving around as I type. (Oops, I think it's the touch pad reacting.)

I must get this assignment done. It is holding me back from doing stuff I need to get done before we go away. :roll: On the other hand, maybe I'll be more motivated tomorrow when it HAS to be turned in.

Happy Birthday to DEE!

I am procrastinating.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:51 am

sorry they didn't work on your computer!!!

My anxiety feels the same d twins. Breath in and breath out. Too much is in your mind and it is giving you anxiety.
what is one thing you can do (nothing else) to help you feel a bit better.
I cleaned my kitchen and started a load of laundry - it is not helping a whole lot but the breathing in and knowing that is done is making me feel better. I hope you feel better during the day!
Can you do 2 - 15 minutes on that project once this morning and once this evening. no more?
sending you a calm day where you feel like super Twins!

I made my errand list and still feeling panicky. but breathing in.

I am thinking of too much at once.
thinking I have to do it all is my perfectionist side

I listed my spending from d mom's b day
step by step! as I say that with grated teeth from anxiousness

today's topic at Kat (Patreon) was perfect for me today. When your schedule and your world feel tangled up. How to breath in and get things under control in your home so that the house stress doesn't add to life's stress.

breath in and out slowly... trying! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Thu May 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Haven't been here in a month of Sundays. Thought I should check back in.

I see it is Dee's birthday so happy birthday, Dee.

My Kansas DD and younger grandson were scheduled to visit the end of the month; instead they came the first of the month. Very happy to see her but he is a 27 year old pain in the posterior. She was in the process of changing management positions from one McDonalds store to another and this was the best time to visit. Too much eating out and sitting around visiting added a few pounds I didn't need. But between them they shampooed my carpet, he quit halfway through distracted as usual by something else and she finished it.

As I was recovering from my late January surgery (repair of lady and associated parts) I decided what I first wanted to declutter was my tiny almost fully enclosed patio. Did that, did some transplanting and new planting, created a new shelf and got it cleaned up too. May's project was to declutter one wall in the LR (relocate TV, tidy some books and toss/tidy contents of a set of shelves). Almost done with it. I finally learned that a room is too much to tackle but a wall is just about right. June sees me moving to the next wall, in my Book Room, and will be racks of VCR tapes and some books. July is my already orderly collection of books but it needs some 'winnowing out and send to Goodwill' work. Part of July, August and probably some of September are reserved for the walk in closet. I'm not even sure what's in there anymore. It will be too hot to be outside much so I'll just crank up the AC, direct a fan on me and pull stuff out.

Now to work my backwards through today's posts and see what other SHEs have been up to.

Norma

Postby Norma » Thu May 24, 2018 2:00 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!

I have been absent for a few months like you Austin Granny. (You were on my mind during the Harry/Meghan festivities. I was sure you would be watching. I really love those two. Big changes being made.)

Had to laugh about Lady Maverick worrying about the girl/boy thing. Try this on: Our little great grandson is 5. He is so cute and very popular with the girls in his pre-school. When our daughter dropped him off the other day he was promptly met by a little girl with a big kiss for him. :!: She got to spend a little while in Time Out. :lol:

Slowly I am getting back to normal here at home. I really do miss AZ though. We have decided that we are getting along in years now and can't do 2 homes. The upkeep of both is too much for us plus the logistics of getting back and forth is not fun anymore. When we go down in September we will talk to the real estate lady in our park and probably put our place up for sale. We sure don't want to have to do this but - there comes a time. I think the deciding factor was a tragedy that happened to us on March 20th. Our friend was helping Mr. Guy with a project and went behind our house to get a number off the air cond. unit to go and get a new capacitor. When he didn't come back as quick as we thought he should I went out and found him face down. Mr. Guy called 911 and I tried to get a pulse. He had a heart attack and was gone instantly. This is a friend of mine for 67 years. He,his wife and I had known each other since 8th grade. I guess I don't have to tell you how devastating that was. It will always remain in my mind. The place will never be the same to me.

On that note I will say it is good to be back here on the forum. You all know I am not around a lot but I do treasure all of you and like to keep in touch once in awhile. :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Welcome to our returning SHEs!

Don't look at me as an example of someone who gets things done. I've got a load of laundry accomplished off my to-do list. That's it.

Spent 2 hours on an email this morning. I will be glad when this refugee finance stuff is cleared up. I hate being bullied and tend to dig in. Honestly it is more blackmail by the other group - give us tons of money and we'll stop harassing you. My poor minister is trying to guide a way through this. He deserves all sorts of blessings for his work on this, he didn't sign up for it at all.

I've also wasted time because I haven't moved onto the next item (also church related.) All this frustration is enough to make me into an atheist. Read an article on Thoreau this morning which was thoughtful and educational and possibly inspiration for my upcoming alternative services. At least I'll enjoy the time researching and it might help my personal outlook if it doesn't help my writing.

Ok, off to check email again. People expect quick responses and I'm trying to cut down on online computer time to try and be more present (even to myself.) Obviously I'm at odds with the world these days.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Thu May 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Norma, LOL. I not only watched the Royal Wedding I recorded most of the associated programs on the DVR.

How tragic it must have been for you to find your friend gone in an instant. And I fully understand the need to get it down to one home. I have trouble managing my 500 sq ft condo. But as I say, there are not enough hours to read everything I want to read, watch everything I want to watch, do what I want to do; housekeeping suffers accordingly.

Usually one morning a week a dneighbor joins me for coffee, chat and recently watching some of the science programs I've recorded. He is the one I share Not My Cat with. As he says, she is a Community Cat; seems someone moved off and left her a few years back. I feed and water, he provides catnip and flea products. Most of the winter she spent days with me and nights with him.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Nice to see more of our friends back. Norma very sorry to read about your friend. How awful. When you sell your Arizona house will you still go back there? Hello to Austin Granny too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE! Have a safe trip tomorrow.

This has been a thrilling Thursday for sure around here. DH was wanting to work on the tree trimming outside and I had to help. Big tall ladders up high. We have a couple limbs branching out and growing now over the shop roof which is tall tall tall. I had no idea these trees would grow this big so fast. He got that limb down and we dragged and dragged lots of stuff into back yard.

Then we brought dump truck over and he rigged up some planks on top of the lumber racks and I raised him up so he could reach others. We have enough wood down now to heat a prairie full of houses in a blizzard-y winter. After dragging most of that into the back yard near the fire pit, he decided we'd just call the county for our 2nd (and last) wood pickup of the year. They will come with a wood chipper machine and truck and get rid of it for us.

He is out there now cutting everything into 6' lengths and stacking by the roadside. He broke the big nippers. But he's using other saws. I'm grateful he didn't get hurt.

At noon we came in and got those 'lovely' papers finished, gathered together and made the trip up the country. Stopped at customer's for their notarized papers on the way, up into the town and to 2 gov't. offices and got all that work done. Good thing was they no longer charge for registering state contractors, so we didn't have to pay for ours and our 2 subcontractors. Papers were all in order, they didn't need anything further, so it's in the works and a huge burden off my mind now.

Just had something to eat. Another big storm rolling in. Man we've had the rain this month!

Wishing everybody great success with their day. (Twins) hope somebody works on your computer soon. Do you think it was just the update that did this? Man. Mine are set to automatic; I sure hope that never happens to me.

Return to “Post When You Can”