First Step Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

First Step Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 25, 2018 7:03 am

I found today's title in another thread.

Sending safe travels and dry wood wishes to our DDee!

Everything we do requires taking that first step. I am looking forward to seeing your first steps today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Re: First Step Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:55 am

First step is perfect d lady - thank you for starting us.

I saw that d Lucy was waving at us - Waving back at you d Lucy!

Have a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 am

yesterday was another day outside of the house! I didn't finish errands. dd younger is in a lot of pain and d mom was exhausted. I don't remember what time I came home but it was a good day.

Good morning!!!

I can see things I have to do before I get d mom for her dr. appointment
I missed a couple errands yesterday which need to be done today!

My new freezer comes Thursday!
my d mom was born organized and her first response was - you need to move the small freezer you are getting rid of and wash behind and under it before your new freezer comes in. Her brain automatically works like that. :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri May 25, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 am

I gotta hit it today! Hoping the fact that I'm running out of time will spur me to do great things! I have a long list of things to happen before Sunday a.m.

First gotta clean up for dcleaning lady. I have a 9:45 appt for a mani-pedi for the beach and nails will look nice for the wedding on Sat p.m. and the wedding at the beach. When I get back I gotta get the Pro Gen assignment done and turned in.

We'll have Shabbat dinner here tonight.

When I get back, I gotta hit it on the syllabus for the beginning DNA program, and getting the guest room ready for overnight visitors. I'll have a little less than three weeks for that undertaking.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:20 am

I can't imagine you not doing great things d twins!
I wish you a wonderful productive happy day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:53 am

My mind is starting to race ahead. I have to breath in and stop and go s2s (first step friday starts)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 25, 2018 10:25 am

Progressing well today.

I did some planning while enjoying my tea and chocolate out on the balcony. That's the first time I could do so this year, the weather is finally warm enough, although it clouded over and I found it cooling off toward the end of my time out there.

I have a long list for the day including mani/pedi (I do these myself) and henna in the hair (it is there right now and I need to rinse out in a few minutes.) I've taken off the old nail polish, treated cuticles, did some 'sanding' of the ridges in the toe nails and am testing out the nail strengthener recommended to me. I can't get a semi-matte clear polish but in Toronto the beauty supply lady suggested this. If I put on a thin coat it is perfect. And I just tested and I can put on a second layer and it is still good. If it goes on thick, it is OK but not really what I was looking for.

After I rinse my hair, I'll do the rest of the nails and then test it for durability over the next few days. The super cheap Sally Hansen clear polish ($5) I also bought in Toronto lasted for over a week on my hands. That's a record for me and included cleaning the kitchen and day of dusting/vacuuming/mopping, plus care of dgs. So it isn't as if I was sitting quietly while being waited upon.

My big goal for the day is the report for the church. I read the source material for that while on the balcony and I'm 'writing' it in my head as I do other things right now.

I have 14 other items on my to-do list. Plus to do my SHE cards. Obviously, not everything will get done. Report, henna and mani-pedi seem like a full day to me!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 25, 2018 10:50 am

My day got off to a good start. I woke up at 5:15 feeling fully rested and ready to get started.
* I did AM things and also started 2 cups of dry barley cooking in IP, then went for a morning walk.
* When I came home I washed our pickup in the driveway, cleaned all the windows in 2 vehicles, watered the new grass seed and hanging plants. I also used a push broom to scrub the walkway and driveway area and hosed it down good.
* Then it was time for a phone meeting with my sponsor. She gave me some really good tips as well as encouragement. That twice a week 15-minute phone call with her is well worth the time.
* After that, I packaged the barley into 4 oz portions. It made 19 ready to eat portions. I put 15 of them in the freezer and will use the other 4 over the next few days.
* I spent time on the phone listening to DMom talk.

Now I'm taking a break with a cup of ice tea while waiting for DS9 and DGD6 to get their act together so we can start school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 25, 2018 10:56 am

My 1st steps today were out to trim up the West side gate area weed a bit undef the Roses got the area by the truck as well h took it to work today so I could get to it. I am glad for the progress.
Q. of the day what is habidashery? Goods and wares sold.
Journal done.
Laundry folded& put away.
Groc. List started.
S2s & spiff bed. X
Next up.
Sweep deck & patio
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:02 am

so happy to hear so many of you are making great steps today! Good for you!

I am s2s
waiting to go to d mom's appointment
my desk was a tip but it looks lovely and clean again.
I also noticed my projects of want to read, want to learn, want to do were all over my desk and I put things away until I am able to do them.

Return to “Post When You Can”