Saturday Adventures

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Saturday Adventures

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 26, 2018 8:18 am

My Saturday looks like all the things I didn't do yesterday!

Plus my first bike ride in 2 years (I think I didn't use my bike at all last year.)

That will be an adventure.

What adventures do you have planned for today?

Dee is on day 2 of the drive home, so she is NOT to participate in today's theme. Unadventurous drives are much better!

Twins' Mom

Re: Saturday Adventures

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 am

My adventures today are getting ready for that long drive, probably in the rain, picking up my healed computer, and then a fancy-schmancy wedding this evening. We need to leave for the wedding at 4:30 so I don't have all day.

Dh started the dishwasher last night but it was only on rinse cycle. (Could he not see that the only little light that was lit up was the one that said "Rinse?") So trying again this a.m. and I'll empty it later. Otherwise, a.m. routine is underway. I have a very small load of laundry going that will hang to dry, then I'll do another very small load today.

-change clothes, brush teeth
-walk the ddog
-make the bed
-start the list of stuff I have for today
----outside: front porch clean up, pick up dog poop, fix up bare planters
----desk: clean it up!
----take package to post office, quick visit to mom
----pick up computer 2:30 ish
----what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 26, 2018 8:55 am

My adventure for today is a hike at wildlife refuge with DGS21, DS9, DGD6, and DNeighborhoodBoy10. Also DGS21's current favorite dog ....an 80 lb Borderdoodle. I am thankful to have a vehicle that can easily hold us all. Plus the hiking gear, snacks, drinks and picnic lunches.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:40 am

so excited for your walk d lady! have fun.
d twins happy adventure day to you too
d kathryn happy adventures thank you for starting us!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:43 am

We have a graduation party today. That will be fun.

truth time: I have not worked on my house except for morning stuff. right now I have 3 loads of clean laundry on the couch. :shock: Not one home blessing, no pool work, no clutter pick up, no BWP except for errands. This week was so busy and I let that inner stinker take over and say I am too tired. :shock: Oh well!

I checked on a power washer for the fence(rental) found out it is a pull string and I have never been able to do that. I have to find another way.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 26, 2018 11:30 am

I have been out doing some weeding doing 20 - 30 min. Each day is helping. Yea for progress. I am greateful for power being on here, the street behind us had a transformer blow. It is drizzling bit out, great for pulling weeds. :mrgreen: I am doing it my zones it is great to have a plan and for morning stretch and exercise to!

Deciding on the farmers mkt. . . .

Walked the dog sigh she got a baby bird I was not nearly as pleased as she was!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 26, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 am

Hi!

Knitting group this afternoon.

Coleslaw has been prepared. Dh has fiddleheads and asparagus to eat up this weekend. No idea what meat we will have tonight.

It's already over 80 degrees here and absolutely no wind to speak of.

Dishwasher is doing it's thing. I have a small load of washing for my stuff AND towels this afternoon. I also have some clothes in the dryer being fluffed/unwrinkled. That should be buzzing soon.

There are also some large platters and pots in the sink relaxing in their hot, bubbly water.

A friend gave us numerous day lilies and fall crocuses yesterday, so dh will plant them today at some point. Tomorrow includes a trip to a nursery to get cucumber, tomato and pepper plants.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 26, 2018 11:54 am

Ta Dahs:
-took package to return to post office for drop off
-visited dmom for a very few minutes
-cleaned out misc stuff in my car that doesn't need to live there
-changed out three pillows on the front porch (need to finish that, I'm not going to do a complete pollen clean up however.)
-went upstairs and found a card that I could modify for a wedding card, and then put together a fast card for the second wedding (one today and one at the beach)
-made the bed, walked ddog etc.

Next round:
-pick up poop in back yard while ddog enjoys being outside for awhile
-have a little snack and take a couple of advil (feeling headachy)
-spruce up front planters with additional geraniums and white flowers and water
-fold lol from dryer
-empty dishwasher
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 pm

look at those ta dahs d twins! yay
hi d cathy enjoy your knitting!
hi d nancy happy weeding!

happy day to all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 pm

I am done with that round. I also got out summer red pillows for the front porch and cleaned it up a bit. It was "blown off" by the yard guy yesterday so it's not too bad, and I swept a bit where I spilled loose dirt. I need to water out there again before we go.

That brings me to desk clean up and some garage clean up. The garage is worse now because I need to put the pillows, etc. away.

-15 min on desk
-15 min on garage (oy vey!)
-maybe take extra geraniums to the back and put them in a planter where the pansies have bitten the dust. Or maybe not.

After I get computer at Best Buy, I'll have to get home and s2s and get ready for the wedding.

Return to “Post When You Can”