Saturday Adventures

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Saturday Adventures

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:03 pm

ta dahs

- bills and paperwork
- turned on dw
-breakfast for myself and d animals
-it is supposed to be 90 today and humid :shock:
-did a blessing in family room - surface dusted, surface vacuumed, cleaned out under couch - not perfect, wiped glass doors to 3 season room, clutter check.
-flip flop couch lap covers. one in dryer and one in washer
-back ground headache still there. I cried last night (rare) in frustration,shock, disenchantment and hurt and I had a headache all night - never worth crying bc I always get a headache.

Next do a home blessing in the dining room and front hall
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 26, 2018 1:19 pm

(blessed)

Twins have fun at your weddings.

Speaking of adventures, LadyM's sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm glad Dee is 2 days away from this rain, the majority of which is on its way. We are on the edge of this storm, and it won't be a tropical storm in strength till Sunday. I think the sun has gone away indefinitely. In true FL fashion, it is hiding behind the clouds and the clouds are glowing bright. So we have a bright grey-white sky for a change. Not a speck of blue in sight.

I am doing the same as Kathryn, today. Catching up on yesterday's not-dones. I'm not rushing anythig, but getting things done.

Filled the laundry room bottles from the pool chlorine carbide. It is double strength so I dilute with half water. It's cheaper than buying at supermarket, and I don't care about that, but if DH needs some at jobs he uses the strong one so we keep it here. I soaked a couple things that didn't come clean last wash.

Working away at my desk, lots to do there. Just had to stop for a bit and come up for air. I guess I'll go finish that.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Home from our hiking adventure. It was mostly an enjoyable time. Although DS9 is spending quiet time in his room this afternoon for not minding again...and again...and again...and again....repeating over and over.

Last night I watched a movie "Taming Andrew" on amazon that had a big impact on me. I can relate to so much of it. The challenge of living with a 10 year old boy with ahdh, ocd, odd, and anxiety were spot on. It also helped to reinforce the importance of doing what I do with DS9.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 26, 2018 1:54 pm

No big adventures here but I AM awake, LOL!
Finally washed dishes and got sheets in the washer.
A little sidetracked by Gunsmoke, LOL, but I am making progress...
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 26, 2018 2:13 pm

I am heading out to get my computer, I hope. I also hope this is quick. We need to be leaving in a little more than two hours and I need a shower and primping.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:38 pm

hi d lucy
hi d twins
hi d lucy
hi d harmony

soon shower to dress up.

dd older is staying here and will clean the kitchen for me - and she is a good cleaner! and fast!

I haven't done one swish or swipe since Monday :shock: :roll: ;)

dining room complete home blessing done.
front hall and stairs complete home blessing done
(didn't wipe outside doors though -- how could I :D 8-) )

late on meds
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Home from the bike ride which went very well.

We went 3 miles and did that, plus 3 quick errands, in under 45 minutes (including locking and unlocking the bikes.)

I felt confident too. Winded, sore, AND confident!

I dropped off a book, picked up a backpack from the buy nothing group. And we voted.

Before leaving, I finished my report for the board. I told the chair I expect it to be rewritten but I wanted to get them thinking. I recommended that since they don't have the time, resources and energy to keep the church open, nor did anyone surveyed say they had time, resources, and energy to make a difference to keeping the church open, they should begin the process to shut the church focusing on leaving the people with a sense of hope and optimism instead of death.

That done, I need to start focusing on the August supper service since I'll want to talk to the board about my ideas for that and get approval. It is just easier to write the whole thing now. That still leaves me time to write the June services I have.

Dinner tonight is at the pub so dh and I are looking forward to that. We'll have to time our walk over. We got back home from the bike ride having only experienced the odd drop of rain. But it poured soon after getting home.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 26, 2018 3:34 pm

S2S and got dgs early -- figured his dmom could use a break. Still having some pain from wisdom teeth removal Monday, and she has been alone with two kids for the past 40 hours or so. ;)
Sheets in the dryer.

Glad you didn't get caught on the bike in the pouring rain, Kathryn! That sounds like pretty good time -- 3 miles (+ stops) in 45 minutes.
It's too bad about the church that will likely be closing, also, but it seems you are helping them focus on the future and not just the ending.

Hope you have a nice evening, blessed! (((BIG HUGS))) for your frustrations with all the family stuff.

-- And you, too, Twins!

WTG on the hiking, LadyM! (((HUGS))) for dealing with a little boy who disobeyed...

Sending good traveling wishes with Dee!

I saw that there were a lot of weather warnings accompanying the storm, right, Harmony? I hope you don't have any dangerous weather or damages.

Waving to everyone!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Good afternoon...

Willis and I had a wonderful time in the park with his friends. The park has a pond that is filled with ducks, turtles and geese. Willis and I enjoy spending time watching them although he has no interest in them. Geesh pair for life and there are four pair at the park. One pair had a set of goslings that look to be several weeks old. The flock of geese walk all over the park with the goslings kept in the middle and if anyone tries to get near all the geese go into protective mode and hiss and charge the onlookers.

We had fun watching the geese chasing the people and kids who tried to get too near to them.

Now that I’m home I am working on my laundry. It’s quite windy out again... 35 mph winds so the dust is swirling around out side. The park is in the center of Phoenix and the homes and buildings block much of the winds, but I’m on the edge of the desert so I get the full effect. There’s lots of nasty stuff in that wind including pollen and fungi so I try and stay inside as much as possible or I can end up with sinus headaches.

Anyway I’m going to get most of the laundry done except for my sheets. I’ll do the bed in the morning. The rest of the house is in good shape and my dinner is planned.

Hope the weather holds for y’all who are planning outside activities this holiday weekend.

My tea is ready and so is my laundry so my indoor adventures have begun :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 pm

I did the rock swap & trade drop and store run done to the local market. Laundry is going in the washer and dryer both now.

I did another round of weeding, and picked up the seedlings and volunteer stuff I dug out. Yea it is looking better now, it is too wet to mow.

Return to “Post When You Can”