Sunday Speed

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunday Speed

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 pm

wonderful on the progress d nancy yesterday

target once a month run done - pay it the 1rst though
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 27, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks bw2.
Yea my message worked they turned it down. I swept the out door kit. area, spiffed up beds, cleaned the sink. H is cooking lunch on the grill. Journal & planning done.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Home from church and lunch with family & friends at our favorite country cafe. It has been a good day. One of those "normal" days that I want to capture and keep as memory treasure.

I am going to set the timer and spend an hour working on bullet journal. I have some ideas floating around in my head that I want to capture and then do some framework for organizing them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Speed here is set on s l o w, LOL!

I did clean the master bath last night and the guest bath. And is there anything that feels better than clean sheets? So — no vacuuming or dusting done but the bathroom did smell nice and lemon-y this morning. :)

Dgrands will be here soon, while ds and ddil go to a church cookout. Come to think of it, kids should be invited, too... but whatever. Ds and ddil don’t get a lot of adult conversation without the kids.

I’m cooking supper, and tomorrow we have no plans except (1) pack for Atlanta and (2) get dmom’s meds to her.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun May 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Sunday for me
Walked to and fro church.
Talked with a new old friend at church. We bumped heads going in for a hug. :?
I got her a cuppa - hot water with a dash of cold like I have - and sat with some others for a bit.
Interesting to see the lapse of inhibition in retelling someone elses story in one. Old age effect I think.
Interesting to realise a few of parish are in a particular retirement place. I think they said there was a vacancy.
Rest of washing came in, not away.
Computer was off before ya'll started for the day.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 27, 2018 6:45 pm

I did a other round of weeding filled another wheel borrow load of weeds out, the hens are having a hen party working it for worms now having a great time!

84* and sunny out now.
I cleaned up after lunch.
Folded 2 loads of laundry.

I had done another round of weeding that section is nearly complete yea!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 27, 2018 9:32 pm

It is getting late. It has not been a productive day. I'll leave it at that.

We did visit dgs. I have some of his books to repair. He is rough on them but they are also used excessively (he reads his top 10 favourites plus the library books at least 3x each, each time I'm over, plus with parents, plus reading to himself.) I'm happy to repair them for dd.

She is completely sick. Even with ginger tablets and her sea-bands on all the time, she is barely functioning from the nausea. We've decided not to put her on the car rental because she can't drive. She also can't entertain dgs in the back seat. If dh is on the car rental, that works for the trip down (I'll care for dgs.) But on the way back I'll be the only driver (dh will be on his way to Africa.) Dsil can do some baby distraction but he won't be able to do it all. He gets bored, which is fair enough, he's way too smart to be doing this and is fabulous with dgs for long periods of time but not 4 hours in a car seat when the options are limited.

We went out for supper and gassed up our car since prices were down a bit as usual after supper on a Sunday.

I've done a load of laundry and washed up the dishes from today and yesterday, but that's it.

My bullet journal has not been updated yet and this is a bad thing.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 27, 2018 11:55 pm

Sorry to hear the In Canadas' dd is sick. Hope this passes soon.

Kasalia, it is nice to meet you!

I was alone to lead singing today - and this after messing up last week, so... .. confidence building! (not) Low crowd. HRH says it is the holiday weekend, but it's becoming constant. Pianist turned to me as she was trying to decide if it was time to just start the prelude and give up on anyone else coming, and said "this hurts my heart". Difficult to respond but I just stepped forward as if it was no big deal while folks were still settling down and rubbed her back a little. We had readings (of hymn verses) and I tried to avoid it, but I guess with low crowd couldn't. Found out during service I'd be needed. Planning ahead would be nice, but never happens so I try to act as if surprises are no big deal and hold the folder tight so no one knows if my hands are shaky!!

Dstepson and dstepdil took us out to eat for lunch today, then came back and hung out a while. They are fun. Then I napped!

Didn't expect it, but I managed to have a "perfect" day on my healthy habits today. Because I chose pineapple fried rice at lunch, the meal out didn't keep me from adding some check marks.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:39 am

I would come to church to hear you sing d harriet!
so happy you had a lovely fun lunch with d step son and step dil how wonderful.
yay on healthy eating!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”