Sunday Speed

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunday Speed

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 am

Will it be a fast and productive day for you, a smoothly steady day, or a lazy day today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday Speed

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 27, 2018 7:57 am

The first of the marathoners just ran past my place. My friend doesn't expect to be here for an hour!

I wasn't expecting them this quickly, there were only a few people at the side of the road but by the time my tea steeped, I heard cheering and went out to see the first wave of runners go by with the van leading them. Now I've seen the media van go by as well.

The original people have walked up to the next viewing place (a block away but the runners have a lot of running to do before they get there.)

I will give up on my tea, hit the shower and then rush over to hopefully catch my friend going by.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Sun May 27, 2018 8:41 am

All early birds this morning while I am about to go to bed, it is coming on 11pm, just thought I would check in.

Hope you all have great weather for your Sunday, and get plenty done.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun May 27, 2018 9:16 am

Hello, villagers ~
Cuop and I'm very happy to see everyone here. Nice to see our new member Kasalia posting, too.

Checking in ...
Thursday very busy at work. I was given an additional time-consuming project that had to be completed before closing that night. Managed to get it done but I was definitely ready for the work day to end.

Friday was errand day. Y'all know that I am not a fan of shopping, but I ended up having a good time at wm and Sam's. I went in with the attitude that I knew both places would be extra crowded with people buying for the holiday weekend, but I had time to spare and that made it a more relaxed trip. My list of needed items was a bit random; I found almost everything on it.

DH and I are having a quiet weekend at home. He needs the rest and I'm trying to finish a few chores. We didn't do much of anything yesterday. Went for a drive over to the nearest state park just to see if they had finished renovations to open the main camping area. It was open and full of some very nice rigs. Several fishing boats and kayaks out on the lake. We enjoyed the coolness of the wooded areas, driving with the windows open so we could hear the birds singing.

Today I'm going to rearrange the bedroom to install the portable a/c unit in the window. Part of that process is to finish packing away winter bedding which is still out because we weren't sure we were done with cold overnight temperatures. Washed and packed 2 blankets last week and I need to move those to long-term storage. I have flannel sheets in the washer now. I'll wash both comforters and store 1 away.

I have a couple boxes of books in front of the bedroom window that I need to go through and move to bookshelves. The room needs a good vacuuming, but we're having an unusual heat spell with highs in the mid-90s so I doubt that I'll get around to the vacuum today. Maybe tomorrow if the a/c unit works and I can get a good night's sleep.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:29 am

good morning sweet kathyrn and book! and to Kasalia - WELCOME!!!

I wish you and everyone the best day ever!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun May 27, 2018 9:32 am

To quote Elizabeth, Snark Alert! An incident that could have been very annoying but turned funny:

Friday I had to wait in a long line at the Sam's customer service counter because I was afraid that my account payment would be late if I mailed it. I was still halfway back the line when I saw a man stride right past everyone to the register and say something to one of the reps.

I heard her say politely, "You'll need to wait in line for that, sir."

He grumpily replied, "I can't wait in line," and he kept talking.

I turned to the young man behind me and said with a straight face, "He can't wait in line."

The young man said, "Uh huh. None of us can wait in line. We should all crowd around the counter. That would be ... what's the word? Oh, right -- anarchy!"

I said, "But that wouldn't be very Iowa Nice."

He said, "That guy must be from Illinois."

Then we both laughed.

(No offense meant to people from Illinois. I have some really good friends in Illinois. None of them would think of being rude enough to cut to the front of a long line.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:42 am

we got home late yesterday and we had a really fun time with dh's cousins! So sweet! Sil #4 and her dh were there but no one else from the family. dd younger is very close to dh's aunt. She is so so cute and beams love! She reminds me of my mothers cousin in europe.

it is supposed to be 94 for us which is so weird. we went from winter to summer in 2 weeks

I hope you each have a super Sunday!

d book :lol:

I personally don't know anyone like that but boy I have seen these people come out of the woodwork the last few years.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 27, 2018 10:01 am

Newfoundland is still waiting for summer, Blessed. They had a huge blizzard this week, doors drifted in kind of thing.

It was east wind and cool overnight so the bedroom was a glorious 65 when I woke up this morning. We shut the window while getting dressed but have opened it again.

The rest of the apartment is a lot warmer because the cool air didn't get too far in. The sun is out now and the living room is warming up really fast.

I missed my friend. I thought the route was different so thought she meant she'd be at my closest spot at 9, not my furthest spot. The map just showed road closures but no time (or direction for the run) and the word description of closures I looked at only talked about the ceremonial roads, not city streets (that would have clued me in if they were closing before the ceremonial road.)

Anyway I cheered on the people at the tale end, including a man running with a walker and a number of runners. So my good deed is done for the day.

I need to get over to the city church for a meeting at 11. I've missed service.

I've been emailing with my very discouraged minister who thinks the failure of the church is his failure. Thankfully, it is most certainly not so I can convincingly argue so with him and point to the blessings he's been instrumental in doing for us. Including the funeral of my music friend's infant grandson (my minister's first funeral after being ordained) and the fact I'm still at the church (I don't need to be there now that I've given up my license but have chosen to be there to stay with him as this folds.) His heart is in rural ministry but there are no good jobs in that anymore. His husband is now retired so they could move anywhere but the situation isn't much better anywhere else.

I'll take the 30 - 40 minutes I have to do some tidying so my desk and the kitchen is clean. Alternatively, I could bike to the church. Hmmmm, decisions.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 am

hoping you have warmer breezes coming your way d kathryn!!!
The lake is 55 degrees right now so the hot weather should help the lake warm slowly.

have a great day!

pulling my control journal. I left my phone at dh's cousins house (a little over an hour away) so I have to get that.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 27, 2018 11:18 am

I made excellent progress on the yard yesterday. Taking a bit if a rest day, except for watering. I got the clean up last evening done that is a relief. I have one more plant dig out to do as soon as I figure out what to do with it.
Got the one lg. planter moved and leveled put an inner pot for water in that.
Had some holes and a low spot filled that section. Good progress today yea. Breakfast is over now. Goid news we have baby grass yippie!

Vent warning / Neighbor has turned on music at 9:50 in the morning, shatteting the quiet of my morning gardening drat. I yell to turn it down but they did not I doubt they could hear me. Tried to send a fb message but it would not load, ok got it to load hope it went through. Sigh. /

Return to “Post When You Can”