good morning, Good Morning! Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: good morning, Good Morning! Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Alrighty! I typed up the subjects to be discussed and 3-4 possible options for each subject. I printed a paper copy for each of us to have at the meeting. I took a picture of it and sent it to DBro and DSis so they can get their thoughts together before our meeting. GHeez.....I wonder why everyone always expects me to get things organized and going..... Because I am weird and do these types of things!!! >>>>groan<<<<
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:32 pm

quick hi - forgot red onion and I need plastic zip lock large size. I might as well go over as it is only 10 minutes away (unless a train crosses near the woods).

fruit is cut up
polish sausage is cooked in beer and ready for the grill
made salad fixings
potatoes are in fridge with first part of dressing on but I need red onions in it.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 28, 2018 4:44 pm

We are back from town store run & dined out had take out at the park. Went to the dog park also. Then mowed the yard. Resting now. H watered out front.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 28, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Dee: Glad to see you are home. I have been prescribed 20 - 30 mmhg socks (30 is the number I should have.) According to the two places I visited today, that means I have to have a prescription (only 10 - 20 mmhg or less can be bought over the counter.)

BUT I just looked online and Amazon appears to be selling the higher number at a much lower price. Not sure if that's to other provinces and when I try to order I can't. But you can be sure I will try and order!

I made the reservation, paid a bill, changed my bank account online password and removed most of the money from the checking accounts. Two of our major banks are admitting to a major data break with 70K and 40K customers having their account data compromised and many have had money transferred out of their accounts.

I'm following this closely and it isn't a phishing scam, this is attacking the bank (the perpetrators have already begun posting personal information online to prove they are the ones who have done the hack and it isn't what shows up on your interface with the bank it includes employer records and other stuff.)

Took 7 tries to change the password since they only offer 12 characters long, and not symbols only numbers and letters. Thankfully LastPass kept generating new gobbledygook until I got the indicator to register it was a strong password.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 28, 2018 5:27 pm

quick hi - went to the store - will pick up mom at 5:15 or may have dd's pick her up.
I wanted to wash the kitchen floor but it will have to wait. I vacuumed the kitchen floor and swiffered yesterday and dog hair attacked it again :shock: ;) so before she comes over I will vacuum at least

I did buy ice cream for dessert

salad is put together except for the tomatoes

I still have to cut onions and finish off potato salad
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Kathryn...ten years ago my legs cost me 12 grand out of pocket. I was given one pair of stockings... thigh high, and then I bought a second pair. Bought others on line, but don’t wear mine all the time. Now I only wear knee highs... plus when I exercise, walk or get on my Gazelle I always wear them.

Harmony... when I broke my arm 15 years ago, they put my arm in a soft cast similar to yours till the swelling went down. The orthopedic dr would see me for four days after I fell just for that reason. I broke my arm right above my wrist, not the wrist it’s self. I was n a cast for six weeks.

LadyM... I feel for you with your mother. Went through that last fall. My mother, 90, insisted at that time she was still capable of driving. The car is in a detached garage. I didn’t have to worry cause I knew she couldn’t get down her 18 steps with her walker.

A soulution for you might be contacting a group like Visiting Angels and arrange to have someone come to your moms house to drive her places. That’s what we did for my mom. Plus she doesn’t fuss at the gal that comes to her house like she would do when we drove her around. And it helps my mom to know someone will be there for her on M,W and F so she can plan her day.

Dee glad to know you made it safely home
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 28, 2018 6:16 pm

S2S
Supper is ready — waiting on dh who took longer in the shower than expected...
We’re having broiled fish, potato skins, and corn on the cob.
And rolls, which I made into garlic bread for myself. I also have peppers and onions on my fish.
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon May 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Hello everyone from not-so-sunny-Florida. The tropical storm warning alert was dropped yesterday evening. We haven't had as much rain from this system as I expected from the forecasts. In fact we started today with sunshine, but has been cloudy all afternoon and just in the last hour it has been raining; no thunder or lightning. Thinking of Twin's Mom & Dad on their beach vacation.

Oh, ((((Harmony!)))) I got that horrible feeling in my stomach when I read what happened to you! I'm glad you were able to get to the ER and hope it doesn't take too long to get an appt. with ortho Dr. Oh, Harriet, I am a wild one, haha, but shhh, I don't tell Mr. Harmony anything! 8-)

(((Lady M))), thinking of you and dfamily. These decisions are not easy to make.

Welcome to Kasalia!

Lynlee, I have always enjoyed reading your posts, and now Kasalia's also. It is always interesting to hear of life in other countries. My maternal great-grandparents lived for a time in Australia (from Ireland), until they moved to Pennsylvania, USA as my gr-grandmother could not take the hot weather. They must have been nearer to Brisbane. We still have relatives living in N.Z. BTW, my dmom used the expression "shanks mare"!

Blessed, it was so nice for you to help that dfamily get their beach passes!

Dee, I'm so glad you and dd are safely home again!

Well, supper is over and kitchen cleaned up. Time to put my feet up and relax for a little while before bedtime.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 pm

We had burgers tonight for dinner. I had a roll with my chili at lunch so went without one this evening. I guess that makes it a hamburger steak.

I was chosen to receive another item from Buy Nothing so we biked up to get that. It was a bag 2' x 1 x 1' of Duplo and wooden train set. We split up the contents between my pack, a bag I brought to put in my basket, my panier and dh's bike trunk. Got it home just fine. Thankfully I thought to ask the weight before we walked over. There's no way we'd have got it home if we were on foot.

The guy is giving away everything as they move. The little boy watched it leave from the front window. That was sad.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 28, 2018 9:08 pm

yes, welcome to Kasalia!

dh thinks i tripped going along the property line back towards the side gate to close it. he said he thought he had the vines mowed back to the property line. i didn't tell him i was over into the next lot a couple feet dragging out wood from when we cut down those trees. was adding that stuff to our wood pile while we're waiting for county to come. he said that stuff didn't matter but it looks terrible.

if he looks at the wood pile he'll figure it out.

yes i'm resting. i have to, i have lots of pain. and i'm elevating it. it's quite swollen.

have a sore behind and scraped / bruised right leg.er gave me the nicest bags for ice. plastic inside some sort of soft material outside with a clip for closing. dh made the extra one for later.

jUnk food! i did hit the cookie jar. salad & chicken in refrig. so today was easy. his idea of cooking is frozen pizza. not on my diet. thinking. i cant even open a can.

wondering what ladym has figured out for her dmom. is she really that unsafe driving?

ok going to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”