good morning, Good Morning! Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: good morning, Good Morning! Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Meeting at DMom's went well. Everyone shared their thoughts and we took a vote on each decision. All the decisions made were unanimous. Mom will continue to drive but her driving is limited to certain local places, times of the day and routes. Basically she will be driving in a 1 mile square from her home. Also, DMom will call and tell someone where she is going before she leaves home and will check-in when she is back home again.

The biggest problem DMom has that is raising concern with her ability to continue driving is the parkinson is progressing. Sometimes DMom tells her foot to move but it won't move. Concern was raised if DMom tries to put her foot on the brake pedal and her parkinson won't let her foot move that it could be a disaster. Mom explained that her foot only has trouble moving if she is standing without holding onto something. As long as she is holding onto something her foot has never failed to move. She is confident as long as she is sitting down and holding onto the steering wheel that her foot will move as needed. DMom did say that if an 87 year old driver with Parkinson is in a vehicle accident, that she will most likely be assumed guilty.

I think we unitedly raise enough of a concern that DMom will greatly curtail her driving even in the 1 mile square from her home. We shall see.

DGD6 (the last time I will ever write that) birthday party was not well attended. Just us and them. She didn't seem to notice and was thrilled with her gifts.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: good morning, Good Morning! Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 28, 2018 10:22 pm

LadyM: does your mom carry a cell phone? If so, can you add tracking software to it so if she doesn't call when she's home, you'll be able to track her down?

I put clean sheets on the bed, cleaned up the kitchen and have done a small amount of tidying. I want to be sorting through train pieces, washing them and getting it all ready to bring on the trip. Instead I'll try and tidy some more.

Return to “Post When You Can”