WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY, OH! TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY, OH! TUESDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm

taking a break - dh wanted to go to lunch and so we did - my d brother came in and we had a nice talk. He will come in next week or two to help me finish the wall with trim. spoke to d mom. She had a nice time here yesterday. :D

Dear Nancy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShdnb ... LjqnVSq6qg is her main site! she does flylady light as she says> I will look look those up
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:01 pm

dd younger is outside working on her garden, I am taking a break before starting. Just got home and happy to be home. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Tue May 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Morning things done before noon.
Shower.
Lunch.
Some bill paying.
I think it's nap time.

Waving to LadyM.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Tue May 29, 2018 3:39 pm

Oops! Just missed her.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Ty Blessed. How to plan your week was the title I cannot get a link of it. She uses the e condrin but I thought it was happy planner, would work in any case.

Back in from hen chores and weeding a bit in another bed hens are happy again today.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Homeschool went well this morning. I'm still working on a system for doing homeschool with DS9 while DGD7 is here. The easiest solution is to also homeschool DGD7. However, I am concerned that will actually do her harm. She is already advanced and top in her class. I don't want her to skip a grade because she is so advanced.....and I don't want her to be bored in school. She loves doing school work and begs for more. I am giving her simple worksheets that she does easily, quickly and scores 100% on every worksheet. It isn't teaching her anything new but just reinforcing what she already knows. I did start her on learning to do Cursive Handwriting today. I think that is a skill she needs that won't harm her to know early (they start teaching it in 4th grade here). I gave her pictures to color and then write a story describing what is happening in the pictures. It is all just busy work for her while I focus on teaching DS9.

We had an impromptu picnic at the lake for lunch. It was just a quick fun thing to do that required little prep or planning. The kids enjoyed playing on the playground. Afterward, we stopped by DH brothers RV and visited with them a bit before coming back home. DH had a doctor appointment this afternoon so we couldn't linger at the lake.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Home from taking DS9 and DGD7 to the library for their weekly book turn-in/check-out. Next week starts the library summer programs. I am going to try 2 different programs next week and see which one is the best fit for the kids. One is Monday afternoon and the other program is Tuesday afternoon. There is a possibility we will do both programs if they are equally excellent.

DNeighborhoodBoy10 came over and played for an hour this afternoon before we went to the library. He has come over twice today and we needed to leave both times. I told him that DS9 has to finish 2 hours of homeschool before he can play. It will most likely be noon before that happens each day. Hopefully he took the hint and won't come over before lunch each day.

I've talked to DMom twice today.....or rather I listened to DMom talk. I struggle to juggle giving my attention to DMom while there is so much that needs to be taken care of. I just tell myself to appreciate the struggle. Sometimes I get so busy doing that I forget what a blessing it is to have a 5 generation family.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Another round of yard stuff accomplished. Yea plus was able to get ddog exercise at the same time as she accompanies me as I do these tasks. I have decided hens can sleep outside now that it is warmer, I won't have to do the daily coop cleaning that way most of them are sleeping out side any way, I only put up one inside roost last week.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 29, 2018 6:35 pm

Hello. I am doing ok. Bored stiff. Rough night, couldn't sleep arm hurt so bad. Was sound asleep at 8 am as dh was leaving and he brought in ice pack whichl leaked while I was back asleep and I had to dry things out.

We fell off a cliff here. I have had cake and soda and a hamburger for dinner. Everything is just too hard to do. DH was out getting an oil change and I said just stop for burgers. so much easier. It's a good thing I cook around here, we'd probably both be dead from fast food.

I tried to stretch out the ace bandage a bit. It feels like a tourniquet. I am seeing a dr. Thurs aft. and get this awful boa constrictor off of me. It makes me feel claustrophhobic.

I got cloithes on today. Bathroom breaks are harder. I loaded dishwasher with 1 hand. Last night was houskeeping 101 had to tell dh to load stuff in and not pile up beside sink. He didn't understand why there were already dishes in it. well they were rinsed but it wasn't full yet. man. why are some men so helpless?

Weather is brighter here not much rain today. It's all up by LL.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 29, 2018 8:10 pm

I just hit a wrong key and lost my post. argh!

I just finished the porch painting project. FINALLY. A normal person would have finished this project in 2 days. I don't want to know how long it took me....2 weeks? Now DH can install the railings and step handrails. OH....and I need to get a porch light. We aren't going to put the old one back up. I have been reading reviews of porch lights that also have wifi camera and I think I am going to do that. I need to finalize my decision on that and get it ordered so this project can be DONE.

Next project is opening the swimming pool. I'm eager to get started on it. I am looking forward to having a "tire the kids out" activity that is enjoyable for all. I'll ask DH help me take the swim cover off tomorrow and then a few hours of adding water to bring the level up....and then hope the pump works after sitting all winter.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”