WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY, OH! TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY, OH! TUESDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 29, 2018 11:43 am

I look fabulous. Except for eyebrows, they need work but it hurts to pluck them!

I'm up. Dressed. Eaten. Answered emails.

I leave in 20 minutes for the luncheon so will spend 15 tidying.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Phooey! One of my DPCs resulted in no adoption of Chelsea. The potential adopter decided that now is not a good time. It seemed to have gone so well too. It is really too bad, because Chelsea and Briggs are not happy together. They are getting better, but I cannot leave them alone together. Briggs wants back in my bedroom at night. I may have to alternate which cat gets the MBR. Was hoping she would get adopted and no further problems.

ETA: A different DPC had a much better result. My ride to the hospital is arranged.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Tue May 29, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Trash is at the curb.
Did dishes spiffed up bedroom.
Trying to get to June planning.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Well, I had to look it up too, Elizabeth.
Shanks mare: used to refer to one's own legs and the action of walking as a means of conveyance.

Back from town with dd. Had a lot of mail. Enough so I was dumping it all over the floor. Threw a lot in the recycle bin.

I think I feel a little better this afternoon. Eating lunch then plan to empty a tote bag.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Just finished taking care of toddlerC for 6 hours while her folks are at work. Ds drops her off at 7:30 and ddil, who will have long since left for work by that time, then can pick her up in early afternoon.

Today dd19 was here for a while before her class, and they painted together, C with her watercolors and dd with her acrylics. C never even suggests that she should be allowed to touch her aunt's supplies or the canvas - she leaves all of that alone very carefully. I was grateful for that. They did experiments with crumpled paper and salt into C's watercolors to get funny effects. That gave me a break, but in general, I'm the constant companion, lol.

Ddil and I get deep into conversation after she arrives, which bores C, lol. Today C climbed up into my lap and cuddled like a baby to get attention.

"Your Dictionary" says
to "travel by shanks' mare" or "ride on shanks' mare" is to walk to your destination

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Hello, SHEs.

I spent the U.S. Memorial Day weekend how I usually spend it, binge watching WWII movies mostly on TCM. Put some on the DVR. Having had my movie 'fix' it is now time to move on to a summer schedule; given we are already beset with high 90 and triple digit temps I am moving all outdoor activity to the mornings and shortly after noon shutting myself in the house and doing 'house things.' Like cleaning, and paper stuff and continuing my decluttering projects. Just have 2 more small shelves in the LR and those are mostly just tidy up and dust.

:lol: 'Shank's mare' was one of my maternal grandmother's favorite expressions. She was a city girl, growing up in Dubuque, IA, and it was the usual means of transportation. She never did learn to drive. By the time she died in 1985, at 103, she had seen men walk on the moon. When I came along in 1943, the eldest grandchild, they had a car of course but while my grandfather was at work we walked or took the bus. On out of town trips he drove and she prayed the rosary. Today he would be called a Type A personality; therefore the rosary.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Back from the luncheon. Spent another 10 minutes tidying and the bedroom is now up to snuff.

Also washed the new toy 'bin' (actually one of those mesh pop up hampers but this one has a lid and a Cars (tm) motive and primary colours.

Next up: 10 minutes of sorting things from last night. I just can't not work on it.

Update on the haul from last night:

Doubled our amount of Duplo
Almost doubled our wooden train set track, added at least a half dozen large and unique pieces and 4x the 'rolling stock' we had before.
Five toy cars

One full tray of Batman specialty Lego which will be given away on Buy Nothing next week.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Went for an iced cappuccino and a nice long visit with one of my friends who knits. She is making me a pair of mittens!! I was so surprised when she pulled them out of her knitting bag.

Dropped off some paperwork for dh and he reminded me about our cold supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Good afternoon all. Still cloudy here, a little breezy, 83* and humid. Still predicting showers and thunderstorms, though not as high a % as yesterday. Last evening we did get a good bit of rain. Our grass is green and growing again.

Just finished up my lunch, though I am still wanting a cup of tea. A.M. routines are done, no laundry today. I think I must call the refuse company this afternoon; they have failed to pick up our trash for the second week. I wonder if the pick up day has been changed. This afternoon will be Desk Day.

Elizabeth, Dee is right. Shanks' Mare is indeed walking somewhere on your own two legs instead of riding. See: https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/shanks-mare.html Oops - Harriet also. I missed the bottom of your post.

Wondering how (((Harmony))) is doing?

Well, I'm going to get my cup of tea and make that phone call....
Last edited by Sunny on Tue May 29, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 29, 2018 2:49 pm

I thought shanks mare was something about shaving legs had no clue lol!
I did some planning & weeding.
Trash is back from the curb.
Lunch is done.

Blessed can u post a link for flyladykat video on planning control journal in cardfile thread we had a question on that. Tia.

Return to “Post When You Can”