WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY, OH! TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY, OH! TUESDAY

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Oh Harmony I feel for you. I remember what it was like when I broke my arm. Find g shirts that worked was terrible. I had to wrap my arm in plastic to take a bath and I’m a shower person.

Had to teach too ... that was interesting. Plus when I flew to my sons graduation, tsa wanted me to take my cast of to go through security... I told them no way... you can X-ray the heck out of me but I’m not doing it.

LadyM... Sweetie is planning to buy a porch light with a security camera in it. We’ll be able to access it through our computer, phone and Alexa to see who’s at the door. Right now he has sensor lights that come on with movement and we can view who’s at the door with our computer.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Wednesday is a better day.
Sleep came late, and went latish. I resorted to radio on.
Finally I could move - just had d2s & bfst before tai chi, and Tmeds when I got home.
Tai Chi Beginners class is now done.
LOL - they have restarted teaching the initial 17 moves to tweak our understanding and our movement.
Its funny the moves that have you thinking - so that is what you are supposed to do there.
Tai chi time slots move back 90 min as we do continuing.
I'm thinking - That's enough time to get a LOL on the line before I go.
I need the money for annual membership for Sat. Despite the cost, Its cost effective compared to yoga classes.
Not sure when I'll do shopping as taxi's have a habit of evaporating in the afternoon.
I didn't do it today as I wasn't sure of my energy levels.

Commiseration to Harmony on your arm. I hope Mr Harmony wakes up to all you do at home, as well as how much he relies on you for him to work at his trade.

Shanks's pony is the term I know and use. I see Scot's in its origin, so thats where I get it, from DM.

finally the showers have stopped, its a warm sunny day. I expect a cold night.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:34 pm

sweet dreams and sweet day to those in the midst of their day.

I haven't been sleeping well - lots of nightmares but today I was so tired during the day and took a nap. For the first time in a week I slept beautifully (even though it was during the day) :D

dd younger was invited by a cooking school because they liked her photos.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 29, 2018 11:29 pm

Tough meeting tonight.

God surprised me. Really, no surprise there, that's pretty par for the course.

I got my service outline done in the afternoon. Ds came for a visit as well which was nice.

I left late, though, so got caught in traffic and then on the freeway out in the rural area so was 10 minutes late. We had a lovely dinner and worked for over 3 hours.

Another church member who isn't on the board was there. She feels that she needs to give to the church and burn energy at the same time. She's asked to paint and decorate the bathroom area and then into the kitchen and main hall. But she'll start with the church message sign which looks run down to her.

After that, she'd like to open up a canteen for kids on Sunday afternoons. Since the General Store and the pizza place closed, there's no place for kids to go for an ice cream or cold drink and just 'hang out' watching the cars go by. There's also no place for bicyclists to stop for a coffee or cold drink or go to the bathroom. Same for the boaters. So she'd like to open a canteen, starting with one day per week.

We've said yes. She now understands the church is on a path to closing. The reason she wants a project to work on is, for now, a break from her role as caregiver; and for later, to work through the loss of her young child who is dying from cancer. She made comments that lead me to think the end is within 8 weeks, possibly less. The minister leaves in a week (he's only 3/4 time) and is heart broken about leaving the family at this time. Not sure what will happen with a funeral. I'm not hoping to do that one. I will support the minister in breaking rules and coming back for it.

My report was mostly accepted verbatim so will be presented almost as I wrote it. Obviously, the canteen was late breaking news so was added. The board moved away from my church closing wording and the minister had to move them back again. They need to be blunt to make people understand. To be honest, they haven't fully accepted it themselves, so that's why they don't want to say it to the congregation.

The chair will present the report on Sunday, then let them sit with it until the minister is back in October. Then we'll share the results of my supper services and the canteen and anything else we do and then make plans for what we'll do while we work towards closing.

I serious doubt these ideas will make a difference but it is worth a try.

It is very late and I'm babysitting for tomorrow afternoon. I also have to buy a wedding gift and do other stuff so I'm going to head to bed now. I have makeup on so that will take a while.

Return to “Post When You Can”