Wednesday Warm-Up

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Wednesday Warm-Up

Postby Harriet » Wed May 30, 2018 8:27 am

Prepare for the day, the project, the season, the goal - whatever you have in mind!

Think Rocky Balboa on the steps! Cue the music!

Warm up and get ready for whatever's on your agenda.

blessedw2

Re: Wednesday Warm-Up

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:51 am

oh my gosh loved it d harriet!

saw you come in d book - have a wonderful day!

wishing you and everyone a wonderful day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed May 30, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:01 am

Today depends on the weather. dd younger is supposed to take photos of a sailboat race but there is a 100% chance of rain. So keeping fingers crossed that the weather is safe. There isn't any wind but Lake M. can be treacherous - water spouts - huge waves etc. in this type of weather. Hope they cancel the race if the weather gets bad. A little rain is okay.

I am doing a backwards day - my brain needs a little vacation from the norm as I am getting bored (little kid in me) of my morning routine to the point where I am not following through the whole day for the rest of the things I need to do.

I did switch the laundry into the dryer
fed the animals
watered the animals

dh is sound asleep
I will s2s into house working cloths

so today: zones first :shock:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 am

I'm up but not running steps!

I watered the balcony plants and made the bed. Now is tea and chocolate plus work on the bulletin for June 10.

Time is getting away from me. Dh feels the same way as he packs for a month away from home.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:22 am

hi d kathryn!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 am

heading to work - if weather holds up I have to leave at 2 or if dd takes the train then leave at 4.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed May 30, 2018 9:54 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Harriet.

Checking in.

Monday DH tried to mow but had to stop because of the heat and gnats. Black Panther finally arrived at the discount theater so we went to see it to escape the heat. DH set up the portable a/c unit in the bedroom and that made sleeping Monday night much more restful.

Yesterday I was allowed to make up the hours at the library that I lost Monday. (Part-timers don't get holiday pay.) They have story time on Tuesday mornings and all the little children that came were adorable. I was off balance all day switching from the Monday afternoon/evening shift to Tuesday morning/afternoon. Will be back to normal schedule on Thursday.

Today's goals:
* Desk day = pay bills, and I want to sort through and reduce 2 boxes of old files down to 1 box
* Update computer anti-virus program
* Laundry
* Trash & recycle bins go to the curb tonight
* salad for lunch, skillet meal for supper

I just looked up and noticed how dark it has gotten while I was reading posts. I don't remember the weather forecast saying anything about a storm today. Hmm. I'd better not mess with any computer programs until the clouds go away.

Hi, blessedw2!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed May 30, 2018 10:02 am

Topic: Cleaning
In the category of "If I don't get some help cleaning this house, I'm going to lose my mind!"

I've had to be frugal my whole life and also have tried to avoid use of harsh chemicals for cleaning.
However, sometimes ya just gotta accept whatever help is out there.

Friday at wm I picked up a Clorox ToiletWand system to try in the downstairs bathroom next to DH's mancave.

For the upstairs bathroom, it is easy to put cleaner in the toilet bowl and let it soak for some time before scrubbing with the brush. It's harder in the downstairs bathroom to time the cleaning for the right combination of when DH is not home and I have time & energy to do cleaning chores.

I never considered the expensive toilet wand thingy before -- because of the chemicals, extra trash, and cost. Then last week at work I needed to clean up a mess in the public toilet, and the only cleaner I could find in the janitor's closet was the Clorox wand. Wow, it was so easy. Pop a chemical soaked sponge on the wand, scrub away, and eject the sponge into the trash can -- Ta-da!

So I bought a wand, storage container, and enough refill cleaning scrubbers to last through the summer. I decided to think of it as investing in a new tool. Improved tools are good, right?

I will continue to use the cheap cleaning method in the upstairs bathroom because it's working fine up there.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:59 am

hi Book!!!

In the category of "If I don't get some help cleaning this house, I'm going to lose my mind!"
oh my gosh so me!!!

how was the movie? I would love to know.
I am sorry you don't get holiday pay!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:59 am

zone work from last week : wash the kitchen floor done

Return to “Post When You Can”