FABULOUS FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FABULOUS FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:01 am

Hoping that today, indeed, is a "fabulous" day for you. Harmony, we especially wish you a 'feel better' day.

I was up early and am slowly getting ready to leave here in about 20 minutes. Dnephew flew up from Tallahassee Wednesday. He's being inducted in the "hall of fame" at his high school for lifetime achievements. Believe it's "Swift Water" he works for in the FL government. He and our dShelley were born the same year. Know he's been very successful and had numerous commendations from the FL governor's office.

Okay.......off to breakfast. Things to do, places to go, people to see. :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: FABULOUS FRIDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:27 am

how wonderful for him d Dee! I wish you a fabulous Friday as well!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:37 am

Yesterday dd younger took a cab to dd olders work and they drove back from downtown together. It was so nice not going down at night.
Next week I have decided to start teaching dd younger how to use the highway and it terrifies me 8-) :lol: - downtown chi ca go traffic is a different level and I love it now but it when I first started it was :shock: ;).

the heat broke yay! I have a couple things that are need to's:

return shorts and top at Tal bot's as they were too big
return shorts at tar jay as they were too big Yay
I am out of milk, I am having a grill tonight so pick up charcoal
dogs meds pick up
me therapist appointment

on my bwp car - go to car wash and also get gas for cars
my purse was cleaned yesterday.

i want to work on the garden and pool
as I didn't work on the round robin - I want to choose one put away in each area only

see how d mom is.

I am going to do something terrible :roll: I am going to leave and do these errands first before routines. ;)

this weekend: plan our field trips as it is already June and summer goes by really fast!

wishing you all a wonderful day!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:15 am

My day got off to a great productive start. I did my morning 12 steps and then spent time outside. I've mowed the part of the yard that I am growing grass seed. I don't want the big powerful riding mower to mow that area because the baby grass is so fragile, so I mow it with an electric push mower.

I filled both of the Instant Pots this morning. One with Amaranth and the other with lentils. They both turned out fantastic (IMHO). It made 14 servings of Amaranth and 17 servings of Lentils. Most of them are in the freezer now.

I did some planning for next week. I'm not done yet, but I have a great start on it. Having the structure and format set up makes it easy to just fill in the blanks.

Kathryn - I'm sorry the NAFTA renegotiation upset you. I have no clue what is going on behind the scenes but know this change made at midnight has been known by all nations for quite a while. I don't think it took anyone by surprise. I find it incredible the different interpretation from the left and the right side of the issue. I had to search for the right side of the issue this morning because most of the news is controlled by the extreme left.

We are late getting started on homeschool today. I'm okay with this relaxed schedule. We will get our 2 hours of school done today ....eventually.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:53 am

Hi everyone!

Meat sauce is cooked and now in the crockpot staying warm until supper time. I will be boiling the water for the pasta out on the BBQ burner and then cooking the pasta out there. Dh and I both want spaghetti and meat sauce so badly that we came up with that solution because it is so hot here.

Dh has received a job offer from the competition. He had an interview with them yesterday. It is for more pay and less hours. They need a new technician in 2 weeks because their other one is leaving. The only thing dh doesn't like is the fact that it will be a 40 km commute instead of 3 minutes each way. No more lunches at home.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Had a low dealt with that and home blessing is under way here this morning. Waving to everyone!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Hello. I managed to make a hard boiled egg for breakfast. And I did a few things at my desk. I got that big statement done which is always a big challenge. Mail to the box in my nightgown. Not dressed yet.

Really tired and sleepy but have not done anything to feel this way. Need a nap.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:54 pm

a quick hi -heading out again
wishing you a FAB-u-lous day!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 pm

I took feed out to hens, & got to see the tree progress while they have lunch. Painted a rock for fun.

I have survived tree trimmers noise . H is home now he works tomorrow. Hens are out on their free range time. Trying to regroup with some classical guitar music now. Painted a couple more rocks.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Everyone arrived safe and sound.

Preparations for their arrival may have reached a new low. I was already pressed for time and HRH not supposed to lift a lot or do anything strenuous for another week, dd both working and having a long class. Then about 1.5 hours before they got here, I had some kind of allergic reaction, with one half (?) of my lower lip swelling, then I got a tummy ache (bloating, maybe?). Sigh. Just had to sit some of that time out. All I had eaten was a Subway veggie delite on the way to last-minute grocery doin's. Can't imagine how that could be it but it must have, somehow.

They brought me a blueberry bush for Mother's Day and my bday. Very nice. Also a few other cute things.

Still I had to cook, of course. Cobbled together some things for a rather ordinary meal of beans corn potatoes. Did arrange pineapple boats for them, which was a hit.

Kathryn, I'm so sorry you are struggling with the situation there at hotel.

Nancy, hoping the low wasn't too difficult for you.

Harmony, I hope the need for rest means your body is busily doing the work of healing.

Cathy, best wises to dh as the decisions are made.

Return to “Post When You Can”