SATURDAY'S SOMETHING!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: SATURDAY'S SOMETHING!

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:49 pm

I did that weeding. Read a section in the potato peel book. Walked the dog. & Started laundry.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 pm

I'm home. I've been home for 3 hours but I'm just now getting a few minutes to myself.

Dh got off this morning with ds taking him to the airport. They had to turn around because dh left his sunglasses in his suit jacket from last night. But he had lots of time to get to the airport so that was fine, it just slowed down ds who had an event at 12:30 in Ottawa. Not sure if he made it.

We visited my sister in the morning for about 90 minutes. Dgs had his snack at that point and then we headed on our way. He was asleep before we made it to the highway and dd and dsil were asleep before we left the Greater Toronto Area.

Dd woke up feeling really car sick and dgs woke up at the loud sound of the scramble for the ice pack and sick bag plus the gingerale bottle opening. We'll pulled off in Trenton, after being on the road just under 2 hours and he spent an hour there. I gassed up and drove the rest of the way home in one shot, with dsil amusing dgs in the back seat for the almost 3 hours. Dgs only said "All done car" for the last 20 minutes or so.

At my place he and his mom had some dinner, he played, we unloaded my stuff from the car, I took him for a walk down our hall and he played with some dogs on our floor. Then he had bath and headed home all ready to be transferred into the crib.

So it was a smooth day. My apartment has toys all over, though and food to be cleaned up in the kitchen.

I just had my regular breakfast for my dinner since I'm so tired. There's a party one floor before that dh said I would get to if I was home in time. But I think I won't go (I forgot but can hear them so that reminded me. It is a sunset watching party and it is a gorgeous evening for it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Welcome home d kathryn! (((your sweet dd)))

hi d Nancy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Forgot to say that I checked dh's flight and it will be four hours late. Left 15 minutes late so I was flummoxed. Best guess is there was a change of equipment requiring a refill in Senegal.

I just checked the flight tracking software and there was detour to either Hamburg or Copenhagen. I'm looking forward to the explanation. In the meantime, he only has 3.5 hours for his connection to Kilimanjaro so I'm guessing he'll be staying overnight in the airport in Ethiopia. (That would be the country with the exercise high degree of caution with many Avoid all Travel warnings from our government. Plus he needs a visa if he's leaving the airport.)

Not my problem, I can't do a thing for him from here, he's in the hands of Ethiopian Airlines now. I don't even have the email address of his Tanzanian driver (it is 100 miles from the airport to the project so he has a driver meeting him in at Kilimanjaro airport.)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Welcome home, Kathryn!

Y’all... I only THOUGHT dgs talked a lot before. Oh my.., dgs on prednisone is something else indeed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”