SATURDAY'S SOMETHING!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SATURDAY'S SOMETHING!

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:46 am

You name it! :?

I'm up but not really with it. Had such a stiff neck and headache during the night that I was up twice for t ylenol. Had all I could do to even turn or get up and down. Seems somewhat better now. Have things I absolutely want to get done today. Dh is golfing in a fund raiser tournament for the camp ground. Seems kinda crazy to me since he can barely move his arm. He wasn't sure he'd be able to do much actually. Then there's a steak dinner here after at about 5pm. He bought me a ticket (which truthfully I could have done without).

It's only supposed to get to upper 60's here today -guess the heat broke here too.

Went to dniece's for a catered dinner last night. DD made dsonil go. He was quite chagrined when there were about 25 people there. Said he wouldn't have gone if he'd known there was going to be 'so many' there. He could easily be a recluse. My brother and dsisil are on their way up from FL. They should be there later today as they were in PA last evening. They've bought a house not too far from dniece's but can't move in until closing in 2 or 3 weeks. He had to wait for a follow up after eye surgery (a cancerous growth on his eyelid) before they could head north. Never got to see them all winter down there. So, hopefully, we'll get together a few times this summer. They're about 30 miles from us. A whole lot closer than when we were in FL.

I'll be thinking about what I want to do as far as traveling to/from FL by this fall. It's taken me all week to at least partially recuperate. Thinking about flying and leaving the car for dh and dsonil to drive down. I'd probably leave mid-October if that's the case. It starts getting too cold usually.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: SATURDAY'S SOMETHING!

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:48 am

Really tired and sleepy but have not done anything to feel this way. Need a nap.
You don't have to "do" anything, Harmony! Your body is working hard at healing -of course you're tired. Your whole system is being compromised. Get better soon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:53 am

Something! I named it!

hope your body feels better d dee!
I hope your dh has a good time at tournament even if he can't do the game itself.
my sweet dh is like that as well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:53 am

d harmony - take your time to heal! much love to you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:16 am

I was gone all day again yesterday. d mom was exhausted last night by the time we got home! she was depressed in the morning but met a couple French speakers along the way and it is always good for her. She left exhausted, a bit cranky but happy.

dd younger starts at work again - at lake. It's 58 and 88 % humidity cold... and she has to be in the water. which is 55 degrees
She had a fascinating experience when she took photos for a an event. She wished her grandfather was still here to tell them to get over themselves. He belonged to this club and now there are a lot of very "important" people 8-). a few nice but lots of people who thought they were better than the staff etc. . It has gotten worse the last few years everywhere. Coming from a city that used to be friendly it is hard to see the change. she was appalled by the behaviour towards others. I am glad my d dad can't see how many self important people (men especially) there are now.

dd is in pain today and yesterday and this last week. and her arms are swollen. No reason - just a flair up.

I am hoping to be home today!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:31 am

Dee, flying instead of driving sounds like a good plan to me.

Blessed, good healing thoughts for your dd.

I am feeling a bit better this morning, but still I sat for a long while. I'm gonna grow roots.

I did do some chores at my desk. Very slowly I worked on our checkbook and reconciled cash account and wrote ourselves a check for that. I get reimbursed for business miles on our suv and anything I pay cash for (business things) or personal checks I send out. It's something I usually do at the end of each month but of course I am behind now.

I am debating going to the store. I suppose I could manage it. I need a couple things.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:34 am

I am glad you are feeling a little better!!! d harmony

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:35 am

off to work at home - fingers crossed

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:43 am

Dh left for his golf tournament. I've been moving things around as best I can. Need to do some rearranging so I can feel 'comfortable' here again. One thing is a bookcase and of course I had to remove all the books first. They're mostly cookbooks and I think I need to make a project this summer of going through them one by one and type recipes I want to use and somehow rid those from the RV. I love cookbooks (about like a good book to me), but we really don't have room for all that in here. May decide to take them to FL, but not sure that's an option either.

Well, I've done a 10-minute rest -time to get 'back at it'.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:48 am

Sat. Something sipped coffee, cooked noodles. I feel off not quite sure what it is but out of sorts, skipping potluck, cannot find where it is easiky enough. Need to s2s and walk ddog. I was cold had to turn up the heat. H is working today I think they needed nearly a full crew to make up for bad weather last wek and being off on Mon.

S2s done did hair also, cooked pasta for salad.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”