SATURDAY'S SOMETHING!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: SATURDAY'S SOMETHING!

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Watching the French Open.

Dee...how abt tearing out the recipes you want and putting them in a notebook. That’s what I e done. Only save the ones I use and can tell which they are cause I have messy fingerprints on the page. And if I haven’t used the book in years I ditch it and give to good will. Now I used the internet to find most of my recipes or allrecipes.com

Waving to y’all ... feel better Harmony
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:45 pm

hi d rose - watching the french open - how fun!
hi d nancy - hope you feel better!
hi d dee good for you getting those recipes in a binder! (so true about finger prints (and me food splashes) on favourite recipes
hi d harmony waving at you!
hi d everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:49 pm

I sat on my franny until almost noon (did have a nice talk with dd older too)
I cleaned my kitchen - this routine took longer :shock: It took over an hour :shock: 8-)
dh cleaned up dog stuff (I missed the whole week - poor man)
he is mowing inside the small fence which is so nice!
he also went to the bank for himself and got cash for me just to have on hand.

I flip flopped laundry - I did a small load bc I knew it would make me feel better :D

dogs shedding are making the house look messy over and over again. I know what I would like to do but thinking I should vacuum front hall, stairs, dining room, family room and 3 season room again!!! :roll: ;)

I am having to do a lot of "I see you and I have a plan for you" - items that need to be done but have to wait until during the week.

I missed my dusting day so I think I will do that now.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:06 pm

Good Saturday, SHE friends.

Had s lovely long swim in our condo pool this morning; at 9:30 I had it all to myself. :D

Have to tell you all how my under sink cabinets in K and bathroom became places of order and no clutter. It was not planned or entirely voluntary. You see, a week ago Thursday evening my K sink backed up and sink threatened to overflow. NOT MY STUFF! We have had ongoing drain line problems in this building since I bought, only partially resolved. HOA mgr had a plumber here about 8pm; meanwhile I pulled everything out from under the sink so he could get to the cleanout line.

I said I'd tidy up and put it all back so Friday I looked at the clutter and trashed about 1/3 of it. Then I took the 3 caddys I had in the K and bathroom and rearranged everything. Discovered I really could squeeze the thinnest and most flexible one along side the drain pipe under the bathroom sink so it now holds only products used in bathroom cleaning. I put down fresh shelf liner under the K sink; put the more shallow caddy under the trap side with only flat things in that half of the caddy and bottles in the other half. The other caddy holds taller products and goes on the other side. Jugs too fat to fit in a caddy go in a line down the center. Only need to partially lift or slide a caddy out to get what I need.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Every time I go out in the K I open the doors and admire the orderly and tidy and organized space.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Don't envy you dealing with dog shedding, blessed 2. Even my long gone over the Rainbow Bridge cats shed in the summer and it floated everywhere.

Norma

Postby Norma » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Austin Granny! I love to see you here. As you know, I don't do a lot of posting but it is nice to come on here and see you. :D

Recipe books: I had a huge collection and then one day a few years back I decided most would have to go. I scoured every one to make sure I got my favorites out. I copied them and then donated them to our library sale. The only ones I kept were church cook books that meant something to me. The only one I got rid of - big mistake - was the original Betty Crocker Cookie Cook Book. I gave a lot away but that one slipped through. I don't know why I did that. I have since seen people who are looking for them and willing to pay.

Thinking of you Rosie! I know how much you like the tennis tournaments. :)

Two of our AZ friends spent the night with us the other night. Loved to have them - didn't stay long enough though. They will be spending most of the year now in AZ and just going to Oregon and Idaho and Utah to visit now and then.

Have a great weekend.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:02 pm

:o OH MY GOODNESS I AM THANKFUL FOR HAVING THE PRESENCE OF MIND TO TYPE THIS IN 'WORD' FIRST!
DH just interrupted me to have me find and print email confirming Opry tickets in July... and in doing so, somehow I knocked myself offline. :roll:

And THAT is about all the SOMETHING I have done today.

If there is a prize for sitting on one’s franny… I think I will win, no contest. DH got our breakfast this morning, and after I ate I went straight to the recliner and dozed while he watched Kelly’s Heroes on TV. He finally got up and went to the shower so I decided I must follow his example there, too, LOL.

I absolutely HAVE TO color my hair today. I can’t believe I’ve let it go this long; probably would be smart to just give in and let it go natural – but I think I have 5 boxes of color in the closet right now, so I guess I’m in for at least the next five months. I told dh if I didn’t color today, people would think I was M___ (a lady at our church who is probably dmom’s age and completely gray, but her hair is about the length and style of mine.) DH said, “You could wear a sign: ‘I am not M_____.’”

I’m also feeling justified in being lazy today b/c ddil just asked what our plans were for the week, and said she may have to work a lot this week – plus school T/TH nights. So we will definitely have the dgrands on Thursday night and all day Friday, and she said ds might want me to go along with him to swimming lessons if she couldn’t. Both dgrands start Monday – and we’re hoping dgs’s eye will not be bothering him by then and the pool won’t make it worse! (OH! I just remembered, I think the lady has a salt system rather than chlorine pool – so I bet that it MUCH better for a kid with allergies and sensitive skin problems.)
Still no word from T-ball re: whose team he’s on or when they start practice, etc. Sign-ups ended last Sunday, so we are surprised no one has called. But if that starts this week, we will be called on for help with that, too.

And speaking of allergies – I saw where Harriet had a bad episode last night, and then dgs’s eye problem, and now I am having a bad time with one of my eyes – and I feel sure it is just allergies b/c I am having worse sniffles than usual. But so odd that it would hit right after dgs’s scare.

Dee, I hope you’re feeling better by the time you read this, and I hope your dh did okay with golfing today.

Also sending more “feel better soon” wishes to Harmony.

Brrrr… 55 degree water sounds ROUGH, blessed! (((HUGS))) for your dd!

Waving to Nancy! IKWYM about feeling “off” too – in addition to this allergy flare-up, I keep feeling sorta odd in my stomach – like an “anxious” feeling – but there is nothing for me to feel nervous about, for once I can’t even come up with anything that is really on my mind – stomach just feels a little unsettled.
I’d probably skip the potluck too, LOL, but like Dee’s dsonil, I could VERY easily be a recluse – and dh is worse than I am!

Waving to Rose! Enjoy the Open.
Y’all would be so amazed at how many cookbooks I have! (I mean since you all know I very seldom cook anything except our four-meal rotation and the occasional spaghetti dinner.)

So good to see Austin Granny popping in! The morning swim sounds sooo nice, and WTG on getting your cabinets organized! They sound so clean and streamlined!

Waving to Norma! Glad you got to see your friends!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:08 pm

This morning activity included an enjoyable hike with 2 DGKids, an "extra" 9 year old and xDSonInLaw. Then we all had lunch together.

The temp outside is currently 95 F but according to the National Weather Service, it feels like 108 F. I believe them. I told DH that we need to acknowledge that we are senior citizens and limit our activity outside during the hottest part of the day.

This morning DH loaded up 2 trailer loads of "stuff" from his shop and hauled it off. Once or twice a year our little town has a "clean up" day that lets people bring all their oversize junk (too big for regular trash day) and the town has semi-trucks available to haul it off. Today was that day.

IKWYM with the dog hair. I sweep up dog hair every day and it still seems to always be there. Yesterday the lady we bought DH dog from dropped by our home to visit "her" dog. She got down on the floor to play with the puppy and I noticed she had to brush off dog hair from her legs when she got up from the floor. :roll: That is a fact of life when you have 2-3 kids plus 4 dogs. The floors will never be clean even if I just finished sweeping & mopping them 10 minutes ago.

AG - POTB!!! I do that too after organizing and cleaning an area. It brings me joy to take a peek and see it looking so much better than it did.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:59 pm

H is off work now. He brought take out. I am feeling better. Unloaded the dishwasher. Hens are out for their free range time now. I need to go dig out a few weeds. Watching some amazing vids if lava flowing into the ocean w hubby.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:23 pm

hi sweet austin Granny!
Hello hello d norma nice to see you!
waving at you d lucy!
howdy d lady!
rah rah rah d nancy.

I worked for 2 hours on a declutter project bc it was driving me crazy - it is done! grumbled a lot while doing it but it is done!

Return to “Post When You Can”