Sorted Out Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sorted Out Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Yipppeee!!! The pool opening process has finally begun. DH stopped what he is doing and came did the things that I can't do (take the cover off, load it into the wheelbarrow, move it to the driveway to dry, connect pipes, remove plugs, etc). I'm in the process of filling the pool now. Maybe another hour or so and then I can start the pump. Holding my breath...... it's a big maybe if it will make it through this summer or even start. I think it is several years old and nearing the end of it's expected life. I r.e.a.l.l.y don't want to go through the whole replace the pool and equipment this summer. If it makes it to the end of this summer I plan to rip it all out and replace everything ....concrete, fence, pool, equipment, etc.

DH has a fella here helping him with a couple of projects - installing metal about 16' up on his tall shop and building a metal gate. I mentioned to DH installing a new light & camera I bought for the top of the house. That project will require the 12' ladder and many trips up/down it. Hopefully, DH will get this young fella to do it too ....if the fella has time available.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Today I learned that when I'm waving a bubble wand around on the balcony to send bubbles down across my neighbour's windows, keep my arm inside the balcony railing! The wand separated from the cap and I watched it fall gently to the parking lot. Thankfully in the driveway portion so I was able to retrieve it. It was light enough that it didn't break.

The rental car is returned. I spent about 40 minutes reading to dgs. I had mended his books last week so we read each one. Twice. And then a pile from the library. Also multiple times. I came home with another one to repair. This one will be trickier.

Dsil said that he felt the trip to Toronto went better than expected (the driving portion, I believe is what he's referring to) although he preferred the trip down where we had more people to switch off with dgs. I preferred not having to drive it all myself but he wasn't feeling confident to do a turn and dd was too sick. On the other hand, I had suggested a stop before we got home but they preferred to push through. So having more people wouldn't have helped since we'd have to stop the car to change seats.

Still, that was good news that he can tolerate traveling with us.

Apparently dgs was asking for me all day. So they were happy I came in for a bit but it won't really make a difference, he'll start asking for me again by dinner.

They invited me for dinner but I decided I was too tired so came home. It is cooking in the oven now. I'll watch a movie this evening as a Sabbath activity.

Blessed: I think the silence meant pondering. And the three readings next week (Hebrew Scriptures, Qur'an and New Testament) are all about the Creation. The Creation story is told multiple times in the Qur'an. While the service is written to be about light, should the child die, I will change prayers I'm saying around and my time with the children to talk about God being there no matter what, in good times and in bad. Given how much our refugees have lost, loss need not be bleak when it is balanced by the confidence that we are not alone, God is with us.

I keep thinking how the repainted basement is going to always remind me of the circle of love that surrounded the mother as her child was dying. A visual reminder of others being the hands of God when someone needed support.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Cathy, it may sound funny coming from a produce lover like me, lol, but that was also my first thought - wonderful to have volunteer produce, but of what did it grow its little self, and would you choose that to eat or not. Maybe great to make the soil for another season richer, after long composting. Maybe not so great to eat out of right away?

LadyM, I think it's wonderful you had your former son in law over. I like the OBE (overwhelmed by events) abbreviation.

Harmony, that's great that there's another wrist dr to choose. I think you made the right decision there.

Neither dd19 nor I went to church, since we were overwhelmed with so many people here. She left messages for our tenor last evening on both home and cell to let him know how difficult it was going to be. He was at the beach, but our bass and he agreed that the bass could lead songs alone, and that if it looked or felt awkward, too bad, since we've been asking for changes for a long time. I did it alone last week. I've learned that in the absence of the asst treasurer, the offering will be brought to me by a trustworthy choice he arranged, who is an ordained person. But she is a woman - I wonder if anyone will say something about that.

Dd38's family brought me a blueberry bush, hanging basket and cute soap dish. Oh, how I hope I can keep all these plants living! Ds' family, having already done Mom's day with me, brought over a silly dancing bday chicken and a package of Good 'n Plenty licorice. The chicken may be a gag gift that is getting passed around - I'm going to have to ask! HRH and ddil seemed to have a private joke.

Dgs3 refused to leave and sat with HRH saying he wanted to watch monster movies and have his own birthday party here. :)
Eventually his Daddy made some argument that got him to go.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:42 pm

Water is STILL running to fill up the swimming pool. I didn't expect it to take this long and started wondering if it was leaking out somewhere. I can't find any evidence of that so I am just assuming that I am just impatient to get it filled up so I can see if the pump will run. Remember back ....it isn't unusual to let the water run a couple hours a week to refill the pool from evaporation so this isn't anything for concern. WAG is the pool needed 6000-8000 gallons to fill it up from winter shutdown. I don't know how many gallon per minute we get through that garden hose but I'm now thinking that I am just being impatient.

My arms feel like they are ready to fall off after a couple hours of using the pool net and brush. Each year this happens until my muscles get used to it.

I'm not looking forward to this week. It is tooooo packed. Four medical appointments in 3 days. Two of those appointments is me taking DMom to her doctor visits which means the additional time for taking her on errands. I'm taking DS9 and DGD7 to five activities this week. I'm meeting up with DGS21 twice this week. We have two family members having birthday's this week so extra time spent with them celebrating. Plus the 10 hours of homeschool which will need to be fit in here and there as time allows. OH and add on the top of all that is the swimming pool opening activities which will easily occupy a dozen hours. Nope. Not looking forward to it all being stuffed into a cramped schedule. It will be a miracle if my baby grass seedlings get enough attention to survive this week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:15 pm

When we lived in the village neighbours would have the fire department fill their pool from the pumper truck. Saved burning out your well pump. Not sure of the cost but I think pools were also fair game for refilling the pumpers in an emergency.

Dinner is done. I watched Spotlight. I meant to stretch it over two nights but it was too compelling.

I am going to try and spend some time tidying now.

Rain has moved in which will be good for the 10 plants I bought for the balcony. Two tomatoes, some pretty herbs and some flowers. I'll repot tomorrow. Then redo my nails. I was going to do them during the movie but realized that was inefficient!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:17 pm

We are home from the beach. It was a great trip but it’s been a stressful day with dh. I’m getting the silent treatment so i’ll Head to bed soon. Feeling a little depressed in general, probably also let down about end of vacation.

More tomorrow!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Twins: maybe you and I can work on our depression together.

I ended up taking May off my health plan and made no progress at all in the month. That's the second time.

I've updated my bullet journal pages but haven't filled in the 'to-do' portions.

Off to bed now, very late.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Home
Financial planner wasn't available. :cry: Still waiting for contact from that office.
I'm told the tax dept will have my balance details. If all else fails.
At my bank - ensured the money I tried to get out of an atm that didn't materilate out of said hole in the wall, had not evaporated from account.
rearranged money and opened a new account that earns better interest. As good as or better than term deposit. There are deposit needed and limit of 1 w/d per mth conditions on that, but it should be doable.
At least my mind could cope with dealing with that.
Wondering if I was meant to walk away with account document in my hot little hand.
Bought some wrapping paper, a dog figurine for a whole $4. and vege fritter lunch.

Shed builders still doing their thing. Roof still to happen. Did I say big?
Then there is to be the solid metal fence. They haven't given me a quote on that so it must be all their own expense. I think he's then expecting the 18"-2' set back to the shed, yard to be my lookout ??? as he didn't want to fence there. Just put a something up to keep it dog proof at the ends of the shed to connect it to the 'proper fence' and fence line..
On the other hand, getting a car/ truck to the back yard will be easier as the space there is tight. Not that I have a car that works atm.

Kathryn and Twins - home from busy time away depression is a thing. Look after yourself/selves for a bit.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”