Sorted Out Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sorted Out Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:24 pm

hello hello d Cathy! so cool about the potatoes!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Cathy, are the potatoes big enough to eat?

Yes I have a lot to sort out. Yes a lot of feelings from several different things I don't know what to do about. Sometimes its hard to know when to say something or when not to. If one says stuff and things change, does it change the feeling that they had to say something to make it happen? Or does that add to the hurt?

I went out on porch and swept away some of the vine leaves that are all over. Did a poor job but it's better, and I gathered up what I could and put in the garbage. I cut off all the passion fruit hanging down in the way of getting under the arbor. There were bunches of them and I wanted to use them for the drink I make myself. But they take a lot of prep, cutting open (they're hard), scooping out, smashing the pulp through the strainer and then I freeze. It made me sad to see them there and they were in the way so I cut off those branches and threw them away, and the big bowl of them in the kitchen.

I talked with girlfriend yesterday and she confirms my dr. acts that way with everyone. She had her son up there to see him and he said NOT THIS DR. TAKE ME SOMEWHERE ELSE. I don't know what his problem is, but I'm going to cancel on Monday and try to get on schedule with older dr. who usually does their wrists. I'm told he's nice.

I did get some groceries yesterday. Clerk was less than helpful. Stood there glaring while I struggled to get bags into cart with 1 hand. Black died hair, nose ring, young, you get the picture. It made me think about how we are raising our kids these days. Does nobody teach them manners any more? I'd have been falling all over myself to help somebody like me who came through their line. sheesh.

Man I should have gone to church. I am in a mood. Acquaintance from up north came down for the month and I didn't want to talk with her about some work she wants done in her house. We had told her what to do (just a spray) couple years ago and then gave her a name of someone and she did none of those things. Just keeps complaining to me about it wanting us to come fix. It's a small thing DH can't even reach and she could have gotten it done...so I am staying away from her.

Plus it's just too hard to get all dressed etc. Raspberries on today I guess.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Church is done. I led the singing because the musician had no voice.

It was an abbreviated service so we could have a congregation meeting about my report. It was accepted basically in silence.

I hugged the minister goodbye. Come Friday I can't have contact with him until he is 'back' in September. I hate this 3/4 time. Members of the congregation are upset he's not here for anniversary next week. Wait until they hear the Qur'an read in the church! Don't want that, don't let the rebel lay leader take over the pulpit.

Our dying child seems to be going quickly. His mom was in church today. She's redecorating the hall and bathrooms and she and I went through her plans. I'm not sure about her taking the cupboard doors off in the kitchen (above the counters) but she'll save them if there is outcry.

Because of the fast-approaching end, she's anxious to get the makeover done this week and there's a work party of her friends coming in on Tuesday to do the painting in one night. I told her just get the church aired out by Sunday and I was good. (Should the child die, that's a task I can turn over to anyone with a key in the village so I'm not worried.) I also told her I was in the pulpit next week so I'll take all the flack for her.

At this point in her life, I'm just thrilled she's surrounded by a posse of support. I don't even want to imagine what her life is like right now. During the communing the child's grandmother asked for extra prayers from the minister and he returned to the pulpit overwhelmed (choir loft is behind the pulpit so he did his crying facing me.) Of course, that started to trigger me and my eyes were darting around for something distract me (of course I could see mom and grandma too.)

We'll get through this, because that's what people do but it is heart breaking at the moment and if painting and a canteen project is how the church helps the mother get through this, I will stand between anyone who dares to say anything. It is only paint. The church is going to close anyway and paint won't change that fate. But it could change a family's grief process for the better.

I'm at a Tim's for my lunch. Got here for the breakfast menu so tried their new bacon/sausage/egg/cheese sandwich. It was good.

Dh has arrived safely at TEMBO. The director emailed me to let me know since he doesn't have his SIM yet. His SIM from last time isn't working (they normally expire after a year of no use.) She said he'd email when he got back from the village with the new card.

He was so excited to be going back and kept thanking me for letting him go. I really don't mind, it will just take me a few days to adjust to being 'free' myself, then I'll settle into my own routine.

I should probably do some grocery shopping since there's a Costco across the parking lot. I was to buy plants for the balcony today but won't use Costco (too many in one flat, therefore too much work!)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:54 pm

hello d kathryn how nice that you led the singing!
hope the silence was an indication that they were thinking! praying it went over well.
is it similar teachings to show that we are more similar than different?

((for the family)))

glad your dh arrived safely!

hi d harmony that is the truth - it is hard sometimes to know when and when not to say something. Its hard because you want to only say things that are helpful and positive but it all depends on how the other person hears it - is it taken with the way it is given or will feel hurt and take it the way their heart hears it.

I agree to go to another dr. (())

sorry the girl was rude!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:56 pm

I took an hour break of lunch and (yes :? :roll: ) tv. My lower back hurts and my confidence wained a bit.

More laundry put away and flip flopped. towels were enough today to wash a load.

I will be baby stepping my way in the yard. I tend to look at the whole thing. so one thing at a time. 8-)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:13 pm

enjoying my new pressure washer! fence is taking a longgggg time to clean but much easier than hand scrubbing it.thinking I need soap. I have only done an hour and 10 minutes so far
another lol moved over washing misc not normal items - I need to put them away after finishing the 2 sections of fence - have many many more.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:56 pm

I did get to pick up my rock swap and store run is done. Went to one yd sale got 3 pieces of fabric I am thinking house dress top and pjs maybe one piece of flannel. A gardening book, and dream sign to paint. Groc. Store run done. Lunch is over. I rinsed & loaded the dishes.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Church and lunch with family & friends went smoothly. I appreciate & treasure these enjoyable times together.

I called DMom and listened to her for 30+ minutes. It makes me smile each time she asks me a question and then without a pause to hear my answer, she continues to talk. I am thankful that she is doing so well. She spent time in her garden picking her asparagus and green beans this morning and then cooked a multi-dish lunch for herself. IMHO that is pretty awesome for an 88-year-old with Parkinson.

I've spent some time on my front porch planting flowers and greenery in hanging pots as well as on plant stands. I keep thinking that I am done with the front porch but I keep finding something else to do. I know as soon as the swimming pool opens that my focus will be moved to that area and the porch will return to maintenance mode.

I haven't killed the baby grass.....yet. I know if I forget to water it a couple times a day that it will die in the triple-digit heat. I will be glad when its roots are developed and I can reduce this twice a day of "babysitting" it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:27 pm

No those potatoes aren't big enough to eat, BUT maybe they really are because I always see bags of really small potatoes at Costco and other places. Maybe I just don't want to eat such teeny tiny potatoes because they grew in the compost bin, and I think that is my issue. When dh tossed one at me yesterday, I flinched because I didn't want to touch it.

Dh is finally sitting and relaxing outside while he waits for supper to cook.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Sunday
walk to church.
service.
groceries
not a taxi in sight so bused home. If I was wise I would have bought less.
nap in the afternoon.
looked again for missing paperwork. Collected what I could. Put it with my handbag.
late to bed. Sleep as at least an hour later. Maybe 4 hrs sleep.

Monday. Sunny day so far.
Man shed work has been happening since 7.
dishes
breakfast.

plans.
yoga.
gate crash financial planner who hasn't connected to make an appointment
hope to at least find out how to get needed info.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”