PWYC MONDAY! HAPPY JUNE!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: PWYC MONDAY! HAPPY JUNE!

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Chicken is still thawing, but dh isn't home yet anyway.

I'm going to take a crack at emptying the kitchen table. It got loaded up when we came in yesterday, and it hasn't recovered.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Good afternoon! I have been AWOL from our village since Thursday. It has been just crazy. Friday, I was feeling mopey, so I treated myself to a belly dance show. My goodness those were amazing dancers! Saturday was the usual cat clinic and knit/crochet group, then CHAOS! Dropped the cats back at home and set them up for my trip out of town. The only time I could squeeze in getting shoes was between that and a party. Whenever my feet and knees start to hurt, I have to replace them, and I needed good ones for Sunday. I had to leave the graduation party at 9 pm (it was breaking up anyway) and hit the highway to arrive at friend's house at 10.

My visit to friend N was not for fun and games, it was to help her get ready for a move. She is the one who thought she was common law married only to find out that NM does not recognize it. After almost three years of non-payment the bank wants her out of the house they shared. (The mortgage was in his name only, she owes them $0). It was mild on the hoarding scale, but there was a LOT of clutter, junk, trash (but not the smelly kind), places where a cat with a UTI had gone, things that her husband had collected before he died. The situation was all surfaces covered and only paths through the house. However, the stuff alongside the paths was not stacked to the ceiling, just a single layer. We made one room into a staging area for next week's yard sale, and two closets cleared out, then assigned to contain only keeper items. Much of it really just needs to be put in the yard sale, then donated if it doesn't sell. Of course, I cannot make that decision for someone else, but I can get things out of the top of the closet so her bad hip isn't plagued as much. I got home too late to continue the momentum and attack my sewing room.

This morning, I had a doctor's appointment, basically to sign paperwork. It was too early to get labwork done, so I must do that later in the week. At payroll, I have processed the cube and had a useful meeting. Tonight, I pack up Briggs to hand off to the cat coordinator for his vet trip tomorrow. I will be eating dinner with coordinator and her husband.

In answer to cat's question on Thursday, my tax "problem" is that my investments made more money than expected. In the short term, an immediate, large expenditure. In the long term, a good thing.

I recommend the Artemis Fowl series and Harry Potter to LadyMaverick's DGD7. AF appeals to both children and adults, same as HP. She may also like Nancy Drew. I liked those, but my DD only rated them ok. For the puppies, you can also fill undesired holes with canine output products. Our first husky soon discovered that any hole near the fence got that treatment, but holes underneath the bedroom window did not.

Harmony has my sympathy with the friend(?) who won't listen to what SHE should do to fix a problem, but expects them to fix it for her. I went through this with the xBFF. After several years of expensive "home improvements" like new cabinet and drawer pulls, fancy landscaping, swamp cooler for the chicken coop, etc, etc, the ignored roof failed spectacularly. Her roof is not my responsibility.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:10 pm

I boiled eggs and got them peeled. Did another area of weeding.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Season Suggestion!

Focus Cleaning for our Third Round is up as the first thread in that forum.
The new round will stretch from today, June 4, through August 19.

Have you got eleven rooms/areas you'd like to tackle in a round with us? Heeeeeres your slide!

(blessed, get over there and catch people, okay?)

(maybe a pillow for landing ... ..)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:52 pm

lol!! I am on it d Harriet! So lovely to see you!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Debating if I'll slide, or just stand at the top, like dgs does, shake my head and say "All done!" (his way of saying no!)

I didn't get the balcony plants done today. It was raining hard all afternoon. Then really windy (had to shut windows and patio doors due to the racket it made, plus it was cold.)

Dinner is done, dishwasher started, hand dishes washed up. I did the dusting and watering of indoor plants while the fish baked.

Watched Boychoir for my dinner & a movie tonight. It was very good.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:55 pm

My evening has progressed fairly smoothly. I am thrilled with the progress made.

The swimming pool opening has gone better than I ever dreamed possible. There have been a few problems here and there but I KNEW HOW TO SOLVE THEM! After 2 years of being clueless pool owner, it feels so good to sorta have a clue how to take care of it.

DH installed the doorbell wifi camera. DH doesn't do techy so after it was installed on wall & wires connected to the chime, then I took over. It was fairly easy to get an account created, get the camera connect to the internet, and set up on my phone, laptop, and Alexa. I am very pleased with it. I want to do more adjusting on the settings but I am tired (from lack of sleep and long day) so will wait for another time.

I think DMom called 7 times today. I will spend 4-5 hours with DMom tomorrow and again on Wednesday taking her to doctor appointments and errands.

I've managed to keep the grass seedlings watered today. One more day that I didn't kill them.....yet
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:58 pm

thank goodness she owes nothing but so so hard. I know of 2 women that their spouses had a couple hundred thousand debt and never told them before the 2 husbands passed. One has young children and a stay at home mom who had to sell everything and finding a job that won't pay off the debt and the other is a friend of my aunt who is a retiree and lost everything.

I know she appreciated you being there for her d elizabeth

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:00 pm

I am glad you had a nice evening d lady. My d mom calls like that often. :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:32 pm

H worked late. Dinner is over. It was a bit windy this afternoon. I watered the new grass that came up it is about as long as my little finger.

Return to “Post When You Can”