PWYC MONDAY! HAPPY JUNE!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: PWYC MONDAY! HAPPY JUNE!

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 am

Twins - Congratulations! All your hard work is being recognized. I am thrilled for you.

TA-DA's continuing -
** The pool pump is running!!! There were only a few minor leaks in the pipes and I think I have them taken care of by tightening the pipe connections. I am so very thankful to not have to deal with replacement now.
** Added Diatomaceous Earth to the pool filter
** tested pool water for 2 of the levels of the most important chemical
** Added more chlorine
** Added borax to the pool
** Moved Earthbox #2 and #3 into place. Still need to dump, clean and refill them.
** I've changed the pool filter twice since the pump started running. It needs to be changed frequently - every 30 minutes at the most.
** Huge A-river order arrived. Now we have 4 new lights and 2 wifi cameras to be installed on the front of the house. I'm sure DH will be thankful that I'm not going to be doing anymore updates to the front porch.
** A-river order also included several homeschool things to help with DGD7 being with us during homeschool time. Both the kids will now wear headphones covering their ears to help with DS9 distraction.
** A-rive order also included a test item for DS9 tics. I read on Tourettes forum about others having success using sensory chew items to help with facial tics. DS9 has only used it for an hour but he can already tell there is much relief from the painful teeth tics.
** DH left to drop off the church money to the CPA and to go get his quarterly blood lab test in prep for next week diabetic checkup with the family doctor.
** DMom called again. Call #3 and it is only 10am.......
** DBro got his blood work done this morning and ALL HIS BLOOD LEVELS ARE WITHIN NORMAL RANGE!!!!!!!!! This is a miracle. Today is day #38 since his stem cell transplant. He still has a lot of recovery to get through but it is most definitely headed in the right direction. I am so thankful.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:07 am

So glad to hear good news for dbro, LadyM!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:44 am

LadyM, I'm happy to read DB is doing so well.

I usually don't like Monday's because I know the merry-go-round of work / problems is starting again. Today was no exception. I did a lot of chores at my desk, slowly working through the stack. I'm determined to catch up a bit.

Emptied part of the dishwasher. Goes slowly with 1 hand. I can't stack up the dishes and put in cabinet together. One by one. Need to do the top rack.

Took a paper to meet DH who was going up country to pick up papers. We'd forgotten to leave this with them when we were up there. I'd forgotten about it and for some reason, thank goodness, it just popped into my mind when he called to say he was riding up there. Saved him almost 2 hours. Then I made a couple calls for him when they said he needed something else, so I had it faxed from ins. company. They wouldn't accept just our copy of it. :roll:

I have yesterday's laundry to put away next. Trying to stay busy here.

Last night I must have tucked my sore hand in back of my head like I usually do and woke up with it very sore. Old habits die hard. I'm a very sound sleeper too.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 am

Consumed breakfast and did some planning for the day/week/month.

Bed is stripped and remade. Laundry started.

Bedroom is tidied.

Bedrooms are dusted (and spare bedroom tidied.)

Spare bedroom made messy because I laid out stuff to give away and have taken photos to post on the Buy Nothing Group.

I'm s2s. It is cool today so I have jeans and running shoes on with compression socks to give me more energy on my feet.

Lunch time!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:11 pm

My last list of five went to heck in a handbasket. After I got the email dd came in and helped boost my confidence. She also agreed to help me with the power point if I attend a learning session she's doing at the temple this week. I talked to the lady at the newspaper, and then sent her a headshot, a short resume and a link to an article about DNA. I hope she gets some of what I said right.

I did empty the dishwasher and clear the back kitchen counter while talking to dd.

-read and give feedback on two members
-sort laundry
-start a load
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:24 pm

cat has a cavity so today was blood work and more $$$ done before her teeth work next week.
beautiful day here.

bought my d mom a tin mouli-julienne rotary slicer and she is thrilled. she has my grandmothers but was missing a couple blades

so happy about your d brother d lady!

hi d harmony
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:45 pm

I only need to do one more set of feedback. I hope I don't sound like a snob, but I do think I write much better than some of the folks in the study group. :shock:

-one last round of of feedback
-figure out supper tonight and what I need from the grocery
-make the bed
-clear rest of kitchen counters
-head out to grocery for milk and to pick up a script

When I get back, I need a quick shower too. :oops:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:45 pm

You would never sound like a snob d Twins! not possible!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:59 pm

ah, bw2. I might.

-s2s
-water the droopy plants on the front porch
-refill meds containers for the week

Online discussion group is at 4 p.m.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi!

Went to both knitting groups today plus I got home from the first one in time to have brunch with dh. Talked to him about an issue I'm having with someone that has recently joined the Monday morning group in the lobby at the arena, versus the library where she used to knit. Back story is that a bunch of us decided to sit on couches out in the lobby area because the Monday morning group was getting to be huge and there was a lack of space for everyone to sit. There is all kinds of room in the lobby. One woman is a vicious gossip and repeats everything she says 3 or 4 or more times as soon as she says something. "It's hot out today? Isn't it hot? Don't you think it's hot? I think it's hot out there today. I don't know how people can cope with this heat! It's so hot." She decided that she was going to get all up in my face today about everything. When I finally left, one of the other women left with me and before I could even say anything, the other woman said she isn't coming back on Mondays any more. Wayne's suggestion was that I should have told the yappy one to shut up. To quote Kathryn "Sigh"

Supper tonight is salmon casserole.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”