PWYC MONDAY! HAPPY JUNE!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: PWYC MONDAY! HAPPY JUNE!

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:52 pm

I walked the dog while the weather was nice. I have the hens out for their free range time. I weeded another area in the back yard. I folded one load of laundry have another going in the dryer. Got the trash dumped. Had lunch. Trying to decide about a rock painting party and the next day is knitting, I kind of like to have a day off between stuff. I am watching one episode then heading out to do some more weeding.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:58 pm

too pooped to pop :D

brought my car then dd's to car wash place and I am glad I did!
dh is washing his dishes from lunch wahoo! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:58 pm

I am NOT making a very good start to the week, although I claim to like Mondays also.

Although Fitbit says I got over 9 hours sleep, I don't think it was "quality" sleep. Pretty sure the last two hours were extremely restless -- it says I was restless 24 times, awake 5 times = 1 hour awake/restless. So I was in bed over TEN hours. Hmmm... anyone should feel rested. Maybe I'm just lazy.

When I got up, I went to the post office & bank with dh (without s2s; I'm STILL not s2s). :oops:

Then dmom called and I talked to her 45 minutes...
Last night, she gave me a scare. I called, and I could tell she picked up the phone, but she never said anything (at least, I could not HEAR her) and she could not hear me. Then I called back a few times and the line was busy. So I thought, oh my, she's fainted and can't get the phone back on the receiver...
So I went out there, used the spare key, scared to death I would scare HER, and there she is, asleep on the couch. No idea her phone wasn't hung up correctly. (Cordless phone.) So we got that fixed and meanwhile, I noticed she wasn't wearing her LifeAlert. The cord for her necklace was broken, so I called them to get a new one of those ordered for her.
And I grumbled that if she lived in her "2nd house" I could have been there three times faster...

Today she called to talk about that... and I was already feeling guilty for trying to pressure her into moving out here...
So I told her not to do it b/c I SAID to, but I agreed with her that if she could get more furniture out there, get it READY to at least sleep and bathe and eat in, then it would be a lot nicer if "God forbid, some emergency happened and you REALLY needed to be closer to us."
Then we talked about the ass't living place where I still want her to go for rehab IF/WHEN she has foot surgery... and she asked me to call and see if she could stop in there tomorrow, on her way to dentist appt.
So I did that, called her back, all is well on that front. I actually talked to the administrator, a girl I have known (and dmom has known her & her parents) all our lives. She will meet with dmom tomorrow and get her on the waiting list there.

At least, that's the plan. With dmom, things can change from day to day. But I am glad our dfriend will be there, b/c I didn't want to go with dmom tomorrow and I feel better about sending her to meet with someone she knows. DH is playing golf tomorrow, and I was looking forward to some time alone! I seriously need to vacuum and I always let dh's activity/lack of activity drag me down -- so I've done nothing so far today.

Oh -- I forgot -- I cut off three or four dead branches on a house plant and threw them out while talking to dmom.

Nancy is reminding me I need to do laundry. Boy... I REALLY need to do laundry...

WTG, LadyM with all your morning work! And WTG to your dbro! He is doing sooo sooo well!!!

WTG, Twins! I know you will do a GREAT interview and there is NO WAY you could sound like a snob! NO WAY!

WTG, Harmony -- you're doing a thousand times better than me, and you have only one hand.

WTG, Kathryn -- you're doing great getting back in the swing of things after travel. That is always hard to manage.

What does the week ahead look like, blessed asks...
Well, today -- laundry
Tomorrow -- vote, vacuum/WHB
Wednesday -- ?
Thursday -- go to swimming lessons with dgrands and keep them till ddil gets home from school, POSSIBLY let them spend the night
Friday -- take them to swimming lessons (w/dh?) and keep them till she gets home from work. I will also have to go to the drug store for dmom on Friday. I would be encouraged that they would both nap Friday afternoon, but swimming lessons are 20-30 minutes away, and they'll probably get all the nap they need on the way home. Maybe if dh goes with us, I can nap on the way home too! :twisted:
Last edited by lucylee on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:07 pm

"Truth Time" -- blessed mentioned.
Well. The truth is, if I do not start out w/s2s FIRST THING, my day is just a mess all day long. There is no getting around that. I don't know WHY I cannot DISCIPLINE myself to DO IT.
Another truth is, unlike LadyM, I LOVE a nap. I think I love to sleep more than a cat. I should have been a cat. Except I would be allergic to myself. But if I had only had 4 hours sleep, I would be a total zombie right now. LadyM, I just do not know how you do all you do. I'm already wondering how we're going to manage Friday b/c we'll be up so early (whether the dgrands stay all night or not. If they don't stay all night, they will be here at 7:00/7:30 Friday morning.)

Hope your bs has leveled out, Dee! Sooo frustrating to be unable to find something you KNOW has to be there.

Cathy -- oh my -- that IS a difficult person to deal with. I don't know how I would handle that either. (((BIG HUGS)))
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:18 pm

salmon casserole.

That sound so good. I'm going to add salmon to my menu plan asap.

Home from a short adventure with DS9 and DGD7. After story time, we did some rock climbing and walked across a 1' wide dam with water on both sides. Thankfully no one fell in! On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store and I restocked on vegetables. The kids picked out Lunchables and fruit to eat.

DGD7 had a meltdown in one of the stores today. I told DGD7 no on buying something and she started screaming "That's not fair!" at me. Really? She should know better. I'm an old pro at dealing with this unacceptable behavior and it didn't even faze me. I pulled out my wallet and handed DS9 some cash to pay for the things we had already picked out. I told him to pay for the items then come to the car. I took DGD7 hand and gently lead her out of the store with her crying and fussing. After DGD7 calmed down she apologized to me. Then DGD7 turned and stuck her tongue out at DS9. ****sigh*** If I tell DD about this she will spank DGD7 with the belt for doing it. If I don't tell DD about this, then am I keeping secrets from her? double sigh

The swim pool opening is coming along better than ever. We might be able to start swimming later today. Each year I get a little better at knowing how to do it.

In between pool stuff we are doing homeschool lessons. It is going much better today with both kids wearing headphones.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:48 pm

I just switch a can of salmon for a can of tune in tuna casserole. I also use shells instead of elbow macaroni. The recipe calls for a cup of peas and I use them and we have found that finding a pea inside of a shell is fun but finding a small piece of salmon inside a shell is tasty!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Discussion group is over. A couple of people had difficulty getting audio, so I had to "moderate." I feel pooped. I can usually let my attention wander a bit but needed to keep track of who was speaking up and call on those who weren't.

I need to check on whether the chicken for dinner is thawing, reboot laundry, and refill meds containers. I folded a lol earlier instead of refilling.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:31 pm

Hoorah! I am s2s
PLUS s/s master bath
PLUS got first load of laundry in! (It is ready to tumble briefly & hang to dry now)
PLUS transferred pics from phone to computer!

We are having Philly Cheese sandwiches for supper. I may have a salad. DH will eat canned peaches with his, and we'll have corn on the cob and potato chips. (I bought the "lightly salted" Pringles for dh.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:42 pm

I've decided to post after just 1 page of CUOP. I will forget everything I know if I don't.

Take that nap, LadyM!

Thank you, Kathryn, for the update on his teaching adventure. I will have to consider millet next time at a store that carries it so that I can find out how it would be for a breakfast bowl. My first inclination is to put a layer of fruit over it! It's very nutritious but I don't know the taste.

Twins' that is impressive news - best wishes. Glad you are home safe, too.

Ramblin' and Twins' and other knowledgeable folks, now dgenealogyCousin writes, " If you ever decide to take the mitochondrial test, please let me know." This after sending me my mitochondrial heritage of maternal line back 8 gens behind me. what would this entail (they're not going to operate, are they? :lol: ) and what is he trying to establish - that his suppositions are correct, or an even further line... ..? Also, am I correct that I don't have to hurry before I get hit by a truck or something, since I have 2 daughters who could still take the test?

It looks like dd's young man will be taking the job for which ds brought him an application. His job with univ sports dept had had to end upon his graduation, and he was casting about, looking at faraway job listings, while other school friends took retail cashier work to buckle down for long local job hunts. It's not a municipal job, but graphic design/illustration for a business that does work for a lot of area cities.

They had said to ds when he asked them about the listing, "You might as well not waste our time with anybody who can't do ________ (some kind of machine and software)", and ds, without knowing, said, "Oh, he can do that with his eyes closed." :roll: , so they penciled the young man in to the interview process because of ds' confidence. (yipes) And THEN ds asked the young man if he knew what it was! :? Thankfully, he'd had plenty of experience, impressed the owner using it during the interview, and was offered a trial period. Dd predicts that as soon as they get to know him, they won't be able to bear losing him. I tend to agree.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:48 pm

LadyM: There's no need, in my opinion, to tell dd about dgd7. That behaviour was with you and you dealt with it. There are obviously different rules at dd's than your home (i.e. make sure she's bathed and fed, for starters), therefore the fact one behaviour is dealt with one way at your place and possibly differently at her mother's is not a important. It is important that you are consistent and I can't imagine you being any other way.

I've made good progress and then crashed. Am starting back up again. Waiting for the fish to defrost a bit more and then it goes in the oven. I'll reheat the leftover sweet potatoes from last night and add a salad. While the fish is cooking I will finish up the dusting. Vacuuming, mopping and laundry are done.

Return to “Post When You Can”