WORKING TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: WORKING TUESDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:45 pm

These are the lentils I'm currently using.

I usually cook all legumes in IP for 30 minutes now. Every once in a while I do find the beans didn't cook as thoroughly as I like so I just put the lid back on the IP and do another 30 minutes. IMHO, it is very hard to overcook beans because we prefer them well cooked. My current favorite legumes are lentils, pinto beans, and garbanzo beans.

I am currently cycling through several grains/carbs. I usually have potatoes, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, barley, quinoa, brown rice, beets, butternut squash, legumes and amaranth cooked, weighed and available to choose from. I eat 4 oz of these carb/grains 3 times a day and I try not to eat the same thing twice in a day to make sure I get a variety of nutrients. If I choose to eat legumes as my protein serving then it is a 6 oz serving instead of 4 oz.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Hello. I have finally cuop for the last couple of days. Weather here has been hot the last week or so, and it's not even summer yet.

Last Friday dh had a blood test. This Friday he has an eye exam at the VA. Hope I can find the right building quickly. This campus is large! We've had a couple of grocery/pharmacy trips the last few days.

And this morning we had to make a run to the post office. We received a letter for ddil#3 from the Fed Gov. --- not the usual junk mail we get that is addressed to dsons or any of ddsilaw. So I waited till I thought ddil was home from work to call her. She told me to open the envelope to see what it was; turns out she was in a car accident in early May (not her fault, btw). The car behind her was hit in the back by another car that pushed her into ddil's car. Turns out the driver was an FBI agent and a policeman across the road saw it. The papers were a cover letter and an extensive claim form from the govt legal dept. Anyway letter is on its way in a priority envelope!

Twins, congratulations on your interview!

Lady M, it is so good to hear the news about your dbro. A brand new start for him. Happy Birthday to dbro!

(((Cathy))), hugs for the encounter with lady at knitting group. WTG on your haircut!

Laundry...it seems we all have our own preference for doing this. I don't separate our wash by color. I do dh's clothes as one load and I do mine as another load. Sheets and towels are another load, throw rugs are another. Our clothes are old enough to be colorfast and anything new I wash by hand first. If dh has one of his good shirts in the basket I wash it with my clothes to cut down on the wear and tear from his heavier clothes.

Well, dMinnie has been out; time to turn off the computer and record our meals for the day.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:20 am

Cathys what a wonderful thing to do, with your hair. My neice had to have real hair wigs after a go kart accident yanked her hair out at the back and top. She is ok now married, 2 children and works as a vet assistant.

Return to “Post When You Can”