WORKING TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

WORKING TUESDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 am

Naming today "Working Tuesday" because I am actually doing a (small) professional genealogy job today.

Beyond that, I'll be working along at home on things that need to happen here.

What is today's work at your house? In or out? Is your list ready?

Do tell!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: WORKING TUESDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:01 am

I am so happy for you d twins!

I hope you have a lovely day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:10 am

I will be gone most of the day taking d mom to a far away - over an hour away- dentist appointment as her dentist moved to a very busy part of the city suburbs. (it is like going downtown when traffic takes over)

I feel like I am working but not catching up but I am not unhappy about it as I am really trying. I can't see the progress but I know I have been productive.
I didn't do the home blessing of dusting yesterday or did any garden work. Amazing how fast time can go. I have to remember I AM working hard.

With the recent stress the last month I have let myself eat crazy and gained the weight back that fast! I wish it came off as fast as I put it on 8-) :lol:
Time to practice mindfulness so I don't go crazy. NO autopilot thinking - trying :D ;)

I have most of the laundry upstairs but I still have a bit on the dining room table - mostly hangers and 3 things on the couch in the family room.

WISHING YOU ALL AN AMAZING DAY!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:47 am

Dh didn't call this morning. I was in bed very late again (the minister wrote late and I responded) so I had less than 7 hours of sleep.

Today's work is to keep on, keeping on. I made good progress with my daily/weekly SHE tasks yesterday. I didn't get the extras done. I wasted too long on mindless internet surfing. I left the apartment to go as far as the garbage chute.

Today I have to walk over to a pick-up. Tonight or tomorrow I'll choose the winners of my Buy Nothing giveaways and then figure out how to get things to people.

I have a drive out to the church on my to-do list for the day but haven't decided if I will or not. Tonight is supposed to be the painting party and I thought it would be fun to pop in and see it in progress.

Bedroom is tidied, bed is made (so much quicker when it is only me!), a load of laundry is started and another is ready to go on. I've just finished tea and chocolate so need to either eat my breakfast or s2s.

It isn't raining right now so I'm anxious to get the transplanting done so that task is finished and my tomatoes can start growing. If I'm out today with the car, I have to buy tomato cages. I used dd's last year because they didn't get a garden in. This year they did.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 am

I got an email early this morning from a guy who wants record retrieval i.e. go to the library and digitally scan the records and send them via Dropbox to him. I hope he's not a scammer, he doesn't sound like one. (they never do, huh?) He had already corresponded with librarian to be sure library has what he needs, so I'll go this afternoon and do it. Two-three hours work at my rate of $40/hr. Anyway, there's my afternoon, but it feels exciting to do it. I sent an email to the Pro Gen mentor.

So I have laundry going, a.m. routine underway and will be heading out to walk the ddog in a few. I never got kitchen table cleared yesterday from dropping off stuff when we got home on Sunday so need to work on that today.

OMM stuff
-I need to work on/finish the powerpoint for the presentation I'm doing on 23 June
-we have overnight guests here the evening of 21 June. DD's old room needs to be cleaned up for that to happen.
-next Pro Gen assignment due on 25 June

Right now:
-walk the dog
-brush teeth
-make bed
-reboot laundry
-strip the upstairs bed (ds slept there one night while we were away, long story, dd gave ddog double dose of meds accidentally and then worried so she had ds come over to be miserable with her. :lol: )
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:15 am

hi d kathryn

take care and see you later everyone
I went down the rabbit hole of the computer.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:25 am

Hi, everybody

Working is a good word for today. My morning routine is done and time to finish dailies.

Dd is working some rather long part-time hours and also taking this 4-hours-at-a-time 4-day-week class. So I feel badly fussing at her. BUT she causes bottlenecks around here. Laundry is the number one problem. I know she has loads she wants to add to, but she doesn't get me the clothes or choose the color load she needs most, so I'm frustrated. I could plow ahead and let her do her own, but risk wasting electricity/water/space. I think I'll gently say, "I don't want to leave you out... .."

Yesterday I had my first blueberries off my new blueberry bush from dd38, which is fruiting before even being planted! (We've got to get some things in the ground around here, but it won't quit raining.) They are big ones, but firm and great taste. I put two in the middle of my oatmeal bowl with their blossom ends up, mango tidbits around the outside edge. They looked just like eyeballs :shock: I emailed a photo of it to dd, titled, "Hello, breakfast!" Had the oatmeal in a large ceramic bowl she gave me, too, from our Goodwill trip (vivid colors).

Then yesterday afternoon dstepson stopped by and ds and children saw him come in the driveway, so came up on the 4-wheeler and we all sat on the porch and laughed and talked. ToddlerC ran to her uncle J and gave him a bear hug. The children told him all about seeing their cousins Saturday. You can hardly get a word in edgewise between dstepson and ds. If I could just get ds and dd38 to get along as well as they both do with dstepson! Both would count him among their closest pals, but are not as comfortable with each other. Sigh.

On to the WORK. (will attempt whistling.. .. no, let's not)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:31 am

Harriet: I'd be tempted to tell dd to put her things that need washing in an identifiable part of her room (I'd use one of the pop-up laundry bags/hampers) and that I'd add to my loads when I get a chance.

I've found with ds (who often has to leave loads here because of his work schedule) that it is better for me to help out cheerfully than for me to stew about the disruption to my schedule. If you need another positive for this - think about how combining loads helps the environment and saves wear and tear on your machines.

It isn't as if she can't do laundry, so you aren't robbing her of a learning experience.

I've filled in my eating plan for the day and the washer has buzzed so I'm off to hang up that load and s2s.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:35 am

I am deciding on my top 3 for today.
Journal & qt done.
Breakfast x.
I put rocks that are dry out in the carport that I finished up last night.
I to containerized weeds that I got dug out.
Trash is at the curb. x
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 am

~~~~~~Waving Hi to all~~~~~~

I had a great night sleep 7 hrs 24 minutes and woke up ready to get started on the day. I have spent the last 3 hours doing MUST DO'S with personal care, kid care, pool care, puppy care, and baby seedling care. Time goes by so quickly especially when I am enjoying what I am doing. although I didn't really enjoy seeing that Escape Artist Sam (puppy) once again dug under the fence and went to play with the cattle in the pasture next door this morning.......

I pick DMom up in 35 minutes so I need to skidaddle.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”