The Beauty of Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: The Beauty of Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:37 am

It took several tries but I have a working computer once more. My anti-virus had stopped opening up as well (I found that out when I tried to do all updates before rebooting my computer.)

I've also had breakfast, s2s, and put away a few things.

Dh called. I will start a thread for his trip travelogue since it is relatively interesting.

The minister called, I have a meeting in my future.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:47 pm

I finished most of my paperwork and read my instant pot how to's
I have paperwork that is important but I will do that tonight.

dh gets so stressed out by anything on repair of the home or any changes. It's hard sometimes to let his worry not affect me. I know it's the right thing to fix the house and continue on the work. I had the tree man come in and I will be having the work done in a few weeks as they are super busy.
The accountant had made a mistake regarding one form but we did get the money back but it was a big thing to miss re: health insurance. My brother suggested changing accountants as this was a big one. Dh was so worried that I would not use this accountant again as he has been very good in the past but for dh it is the idea of change that terrifies him. I had to make him feel better but I will check things from now on.

so being on my fanny all morning is not good physically for me but it is done for now! :D

getting dark outside - I haven't checked the weather.

hello to all of you - I have an appointment for 2 which means leave at 1:30 pm

trying hard to focus so that I don't go around chasing my tail. 8-) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Next up is lunch and then errands: see dmom, pick up dog food, get car washed, and get groceries.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:56 pm

have a nice lunch d twins.

I could continue on the computer but I will start my morning routine - I am late! 8-) 8-) 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 pm

I am here while I take a break. It is grey outside looking like rain.

All the loose ends at my desk and various other spots were driving me crazy. I have just been doing the bare necessities. So I spent all morning at my desk. Both inboxes are emptied and sorted and dealt with. Bills are paid and everything looks clearer. I made a couple phone calls and did forms and sent DH to the county office to get that done. It was a lot to do.

I have 2 computer things to do next (business things). I want to change sheets today since DH is here and he will have to help. This should be fun. He doesn't care one bit if covers are straight or tucked. I need to wash covers and sheets too.

Lucy, glad your curtains did not fall apart! I know how washing them freshens them up nicely.

Need to call garbage collection about picking up the pile of limbs. I never called them.

Yesterday I did change that dr. appointment and that went smoothly. They never asked me why, I'm sure they're used to calls like that with this dr. :roll:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Just finished my lunch wrap (finally.) Had a call from assisted living - dmom has scabies. And assisted living had also called dd because they thought I was away so I had to call her back, and then I couldn't get off the phone with her.

I sat outside again and let ddog roll on her back in the warm grass. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Twins - scabies? Isn't that contagious? I wonder how the nursing home stops the transfer between patients and staff?

Home from taking DMom to that appointment. I just finished updating my calendar with 5 more medical appointments in the next month that I will need to take DMom to. Plus I need to take DMom for a fasting blood work but that doesn't have an appt time. It can be done anytime in the next couple of weeks.

I am tickled over how sparkling clear the swim pool water is. It's my "just go look at it" for no reason item. Now that I have the pool opening challenge over, I can slide into daily maintenance mode on the swimming pool for the next 5 months or so.

Next up - homeschool lessons with DS9 and DGD7
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:40 pm

Making minuscule progress on my service.

At least my computer is still stable.

I'm hungry so need to get a snack. Just remembered I forgot to eat my cheese with lunch. That was my protein, no wonder I'm hungry!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Oddly enough, no one else at assisted living has it, that they are aware of now. Her roommate was tested and is okay. No other resident has it at this time. They are watching everyone else and treating her right away and washing all her sheets, bed, et al and laundry. She isn't aware of it, and I told her they are getting some fancy body wash that will help with the itching. I read that it's common in elderly and immune compromised individuals. So I'm okay. I'll check back tomorrow with her and see if it's better.

Got car washed, visited dmom, got dog food and groceries. Most of groceries are put away.

While upstairs this a.m. I threw down over the rail more of the stuff in dd's room. And now it needs to be sorted and moved to the garage. Before I start that I'm going to look at the newspaper and read a bit online.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Back from knitting group. It helped to talk. Went to the thrift shop found calgraphy paper might be able to use it in my planner.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”