TOGETHER THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: TOGETHER THURSDAY

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Holey Moley! Just got off the phone with someone who wanted info on foster cat Chelsea. He wanted to breed her to his own Russian blue tom. Considering that she is spayed, it took all of two seconds to determine that this was not the cat for him. And then a firehose of rapid fire talking. He covered: politics of the city, NM, CA, and federal level; weather; gardening; pets, both present and past; religion; banking; billionaires; love; aging; travel; moving; medicine, both human and animal; people with PhDs; gas vs. electric vs. propane; finding your way around a new city; loaning to friends; and veganism vs. BBQ. I was finally able to recommend a source of Russian blue females - TICA (The International Cat Association). Oh. My. Goodness. I did not mention I have a PhD. Not only could I not get a word in edgewise, but it would leaad to more religion because apparently we are all ignorant atheists. (This was a great shock to me. Why is my name on a church website and who put the duct tape on my Bible?)

Just found out my mortgage is going up, but only by $4.50 a month. Also found out my medical insurance year starts July 1. That means that although I will max out my out of pocket this year, it will start all over again in less than a month. I went through a few home emails while on the phone with the non-adopter.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:41 pm

I am back inside after mowing both the front and back yards before it got to hot . Got in the shower and washed my hair too.

Blessed do whatever you want chances are sil will not be happy no matter what you do.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:12 pm

I like being here, together with all of you.

Elizabeth, how long is your recovery supposed to take?

My hand is very very sore today. I had my brace off too long yesterday and I did too many things and I could feel the pain all night long. It is all purple and yellow below the thumb where they say there's no problem (yeah :roll: ) and up the right side along the long bone all the way to my elbow. Whole bunch of pain underneath right beside my pulse spot and on top just up my arm from wrist right in the middle.

When I go to this dr. next week (Friday) I will know the exact places the pain comes from. This time there will be no question there is a problem. I know Lucylee thought I went to the dr. and it went smoothly, but no such luck. It was just easy cancelling one appointment and making another!

LadyM, I wonder what sort of frantic alert your camera will give you when the unicorn comes walking by? Oh, and how about the dogs?

Twins, thought about you yesterday - and your garage - when I saw mine. All the hard-earned space I got on my shelves are now filled up with stuff from DH's burned out truck. One big shelf piled up with work cement boots for the crew he no longer has. Maybe he'll take this stuff back once we get the inside of his truck repaired, but I'm not holding my breath for that!

So, wonderful night's sleep, despite my hand, on clean sheets. Got DH to help me put them on both beds. What a trip! Have to show / tell him everything. He really has no idea how to do things. And I'm thinking, if one acts dumb about stuff, somebody else does it because it's easier than teaching! Yeah.

He made us a nice chopped tossed salad yesterday too but I had to stand there and tell him what/how/ etc. To. Make. A. Salad. We eat these salads 4-5 times a week! But we are not starving around here and he goes to the store all the time for me and does do some cooking. Like draining the heavy pot of water / pasta for his dinner.

Too much typing and writing today. Going off to rest.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:14 pm

wow very scary that this person wants a cat for kittens!

d harmony can you get a second opinion? this doesn't seem correct.

I think you are right d nancy. I just have to keep giving myself a pep talk ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:36 pm

I am, blessed, next Friday at appointment with different doctor.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Glad for the second opinion to come Harmony. In our garage, once dh sits something down it becomes invisible and he never sees it again. :lol:

I am home from "Lunch and learn" and dd did very very well. There were 8 participants, I think plus dd and I think all were impressed by her knowledge of the subject of ancient synagogues.

I am very tired. I am going to set a timer and give myself 45 min before I restart.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:19 pm

awesome d twins!

so happy d harmony

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:23 pm

I certainly don't have my act together today.

It is election day here and I'm a political junkie so staying focused is impossible.

I'm finally s2s. I have walking deliveries to do but it is clouding over and threatening rain (which is annoying because it was to nicer as the day went on so they blew the forecast as of this morning. I also have to pick up ingredients for dinner.

Dd just called and I'm now on call to drive her to an appointment once it is made. That's triggering binge eating desire.

I still have prayers to write.

This is a lesson - do things while stuff isn't falling apart because once it is falling apart you won't be able to do the things you were to do.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:29 pm

I don't know anyone that can stay focused on voting day d kathryn (not in my family :D )
I totally get it!

d kathryn I think I am going to put that lesson in my quote cards!

finished the outside of one side of the fence (power washed) I have 1 long side to do and one short side to do
also washed one bad area of siding where it was getting moss
cleaned spots off of garage

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:21 pm

I have walked the dog had lunch and it is time to water and put the hens out on free range time feed fhem and collect eggs. I picked up living room, and need to spiff up other rooms. Got some rocks to paint they are washed now. Speaking of wash I will do some laundry tonite. I need to finish drying my hair still.

Return to “Post When You Can”