TOGETHER THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

TOGETHER THURSDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 am

Together: well organized or developed; emotionally stable and effective; hip. (From https://positivethesaurus.com/list-of-p ... rt-with-t/ )

or

Definition of TOGETHER https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/together

1 a : in or into one place, mass, collection, or group the men get together every Thursday for poker
b : in a body : as a group students and faculty together presented the petition

2 a : in or into contact, connection, collision, or union mix these ingredients together
b : in or into association or relationship colors that go well together

3 a : at one time : simultaneously events that happened together
b : in succession was depressed for days together

4 a : by combined action : jointly together we forced the door
b : in or into agreement or harmony the soloist and the orchestra weren't quite together
c : in or into a unified or coherent structure or an integrated whole can't even put a simple sentence together

5 a : with each other —used as an intensive after certain verbs join togetheradd together
b : as a unit : in the aggregate these arguments taken together make a convincing case
c : considered as a whole : counted or summed up all together, there were 21 entries[/list]

Let's be together...sung to Al Green background music welling up.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: TOGETHER THURSDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:22 am

I loved this! thank you for the link as Well! Good morning d Twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:33 am

Twins - Thanks for the start today. I like the word together. It has many connotations.

I had a restful 8 hr 44 min sleep. I woke up because I got an alert that there was a motion on our front porch. When I looked at the camera it showed a tree lizard was sitting on top of the camera. :lol:

I've done some of the AM routines = swim pool, kitchen, and laundry. I'm skipping the baby grass seedling care because it is raining. I still need to work the 12 tools and report them to accountability group.

I'm taking DS9 and DGD7 this morning to a science class = Slimy Science Funventure! The lady who teaches these classes is truly awesome with children and you can tell how much she enjoys teaching them. Taking DS9 to these science type classes makes me feel better about neglecting science in homeschool. We are doing so much focus on Math and the Language Arts that science gets the short end of the stick on most days.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:37 am

so funny d lady!

wishing you a wonderful day as well!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:38 am

Thanks bw2, was looking for Al Green to sing for us this morning...imagine this as the village background music today...

Let's, we ought to stay together
Lovin' you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad

I have a massage this a.m. and then am going to show up at temple to bolster dd's confidence (I hope.) I know she will do well with this because she knows this material in and out and is enthusiastic about it. I reminded her to let her enthusiasm show through. Last night we went out to dinner and it was very nice. We're getting to a better relationship now that she doesn't live here.

I'll have some time this afternoon and I am setting it aside for some garage clean up and then genealogy work on portfolio stuff. Dh is out this evening again.

Right now:
-brush teeth, wash up, get dressed
-breakfast and meds
-make the bed
-advance the laundry
-work on moving dd's stuff (in the floor of GR from where I threw it off the balcony) into the garage. :shock:

This will finish a.m. routine. I have laundry going already. I'm getting a much earlier start this summer because I'm waking up with the sun. What is that about? I'm usually dragging myself out of bed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

Love it d Twins!
I am cheering your on your dd too! it takes time for them to realize they are just as capable or more so than other adults. So happy you had a lovely dinner.
have a great morning!

I watched my Kat videos on youtube and Patreon
I watched Dianne in denmark

I have some important paperwork to do but I am going to get out in the garden this morning (fingers crossed)
i have a therapist appointment at 3 boy that gives me peace even if I can't change others.

have a great day!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:32 am

I am up animal chores done, have journaling done, picked up living room. Waiting to mow till after eight a m . I am doing better today. I have a plan. WTG everyone!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:33 am

i saw Elizabeth! good morning!

hi d Nancy! good morning

I am outside taking a break (already 8-) ) in garden having coffee

so far put herbs in the front before they died all together :shock:
planted front flower thingy with summer flowers.
put dd's veggies in the veg garden for her to plant
dog stuff gone

I need to run to home d e pot - soap for pressure washer done!
pots as mine disappeared how lol

I have to remember the garden is like my house. I went working outside and saw ALL the stuff that needs doing- I haven't put my plan in effect and just go from one thing to another (chasing my tail)

repaint lights
repaint rod iron furniture as it is rusting
clean the pump
get a new filter
paint the wood on the 3 season room outside
finish power washing fence
hang up 4 th of july
getting used to weeding and water on a routine
weed weed weed in zones
paint the arbor
power wash back wood on door
roto till veggie garden.

I have to remind myself that I can only do.
think dailies, bwp, and zones
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:10 am

Good morning to blessedw2 and all others who follow. Today, I need to get my financial act together. This will include discussion with financial planner, hospital billing dept, dealing with bills (high due to taxes, doctors, water heater, long term care insurance, etc, etc, etc), and shopping errands (cat supplies, groceries, and maybe printer ink). I need to put my house together in preparation for my recovery period. And I will get together with the knit/crochet group that I usually cannot go to because I have DD16. DD will be coming back Friday and leaving the next Friday. Glad I don't have the x's travel bills! Phooey on Al Green, I am eternally grateful that I am not together with him.

Last night, I laid in a supply of books and DVDs from the library. I hope they will last long enough for recovery. I got the vet's report and Briggs either has environmental allergies or an auto-immune skin disorder. Treatment is almost the same. Allergies require med A. If that does not work, he has the skin disorder and will get med A and med B. So, no further vet trips for him and no prescription cat food in my budget. The vet does want us to keep to the limited ingredient diet and add things slowly, just in case there are food issues as well. But we can use normal commercial cat food. I succeeded in avoiding both computer jigsaws and other time-wasting games. I did get some sewing done on a Monster High doll dress.

In answer to Tuesday's question, I do not separate laundry. It just doesn't make sense for a person living alone.

So happy to hear that Bro Maverick is doing well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:13 pm

I will cheer you on as you do your financial work d Elizabeth.

Got a bit depressed for a second thinking about sil s but I have to keep the thought that they are going to imagine all kinds of things they think I feel and it is not at all how I feel or act. reminder: I can't control others thoughts! I can't change the one and thus can't change the thought processes of everyone. mantra - I know I am kind and loving and don't feel that way. I don't even think like that so I don't understand it - I can just be kind no matter how they think I am. It is not based on anything I say or do - it is based on their hurt from loosing sweet mil and perceived notions of others. I miss them and am hurt they think this of me but I can't keep trying to convince them i don't think in the terms they do of others. Sorry I needed to say that for myself.

Return to “Post When You Can”