Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed D Harriets-repeat

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed D Harriets-repeat

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:25 pm

I have bagged and boxed up more stuff and dropped off hats for dil. Took more things and rocks by the trading post. I have another box ready to go of pretty dishes. Worked on the china hutch. Glad that is behind me.

I have a bench to deliver to the trading post if I can get it to fit in the car, trunk worked great. Done. H has the truck today. I am making progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Quick post, I think dgs is waking up.

We walked to the store, bought my things plus a ball and then played with it at the park for about 20 minutes.

He was asleep within 5 minutes of leaving the park.

When we got home I left him asleep in the shade, heated up my lunch and have sat on the stoop to eat. I'd kill for a lawn chair but dsil doesn't want any.

I have WiFi here so am keeping up with the email coming in.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:57 pm

I was doing really great then I went to the basement ack!

If I run out of boxes I can always use empty feed sacks.

Repeat repeat repeat... lol!

H. Helped me deal with the ladder. Said he could deliver larger donations so that is a relief. Got oked to let got of his granny's dishes.

I have more to do on the patio. But can do it in a cooler morning.

93* at 6:45 here outside now.
Moved the bbq that needs to go out by tbe road with free on it. Swept the patio.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Hello again! we were out all day - dd younger, d mom and I went on errands all day (mostly shopping errands). thrilled that the bed covers were 1/2 off today. dd younger got new gym shoes. I didn't say it was exciting :D 8-) but glad it is done. dd got her purses sent in to get fixed. We went to a b & N that had the biggest children's section I have ever seen. (I love children's books)

d nancy. don't worry I won't go in my basement 8-) :D

well dinner is late but that's okay - we had a busy day - we figured d mom walked 3 miles with us.

Hello to everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:34 pm

Got home about 4:30 and left again at 6 with ds.

We had dinner at a diner and then the play. It was hilarious. Great slapstick and they nailed the timing on the dialog. It was just a silly farce, exactly what I was in the mood for.

Ds loves theatre (he's my child that makes a minimum of 1 trip a year to take in Broadway and off-Broadway shows) so he had a wonderful time.

It was a fantastic evening.

I have so much to do. Including writing a sermon and service and figuring out music for Sunday afternoon's service.

Tomorrow is a church breakfast and I'll go in order to steal the hymnbooks from our second church and take them over to my church so the crowd will all be singing from the same hymnbook. I'm thinking we'll have 80 and we only have about 30 hymnbooks so I'll have a lot of carrying to do tomorrow.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 am

LadyM, I don’t know HOW you managed the other day on 4 hours sleep, bc that is about what I got last night and it has taken till now 11:30 pm, plus a 2-hr nap for me to feel like a human being again.

Took the dgrands to swimming lessons — dgs is doing GREAT — now I’m worried he and his parents will become overly confident, you know.
Dmom did NOT accompany me — bronchitis symptoms, she feared would not tolerate the heat. And it IS hot here. Whew!

No naps... no way... dgd was full-speed till her mommy arrived.
We ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A (again) and that, plus being so exhausted, left me really too tired to eat by the time I had steak sandwiches ready for dh. (I’ve over-compensated since awaking from my nap, unfortunately.)

Also today — two stops at drug store, (1 for dmom, 1 for dh), quick stop by grocery store, and ATM. Put all the toys away and folded a small load of laundry, s/s kitchen, read the paper, and collapsed for the rest of the night!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”