Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed D Harriets-repeat

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed D Harriets-repeat

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:33 am

I thought, if d Harriet did not mind, I would repeat (march)a post of hers as I was totally out of inspiration for a witty or well scripted Friday start to our day. I always turn to d Harriets posts for well written witty and inspiration filled, positive readings. Wishing you all the best day ever!

"Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed
by Harriet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:44 pm

It's Friday - do you have a lot to get done? :o

On Fridays we often need a little more speed. What do you do to "get up to speed" for a day of accomplishments?

Do you listen to the beat of a different drummer? (maybe conga? :D or other upbeat sounds)

Does the morning cup of coffee, tea, or B-12 supplement seem more important today? Are you a believer in a big breakfast to fuel a lot of work done through the day, or do you eat light to stay light on your feet?

Maybe all you need is the adrenaline push of wondering WHO might drop in over the weekend.... ... this is a very real possibility, you know. :shock: Anything can happen. Who happened to drop by last weekend or the one before, anyway? Does this prospect put a spring in your step? :)

Conga away whatever else needs to happen this week, celebrate your achievements, weave through your home, errands and commitments, and have a great Friday!
said Twins' Mom in July"
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed D Harriets-repeat

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:27 am

i fell down the rabbit hole of the computer - I do the same thing every morning:
Listen to Kat
listen to Diane in Denmark
look at face book
- get lost for the next 16 hours using the excuse that I am either learning new things, keeping up on the news, learning how to make my own .... whatever and keeping up on seeing what family and people are doing.
shocked but go to sleep
start day all over again. :shock: 8-)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:44 am

I do really need to 'get up to speed' today, Blessed. Thank you for this 're-post'. I definitely need something to get me moving. Realized I never posted yesterday. Barely any sleep Wednesday night and I was a slug all day yesterday, dozing on and off all day.

Need to go do some laundry but see dh took the golf cart this morning. Saw he and other worker came back a little while ago to get the 'camp truck'. Evidently it died in the driveway.

Want to go see dd and find out how last night went. She presented the scholarship award for our dZoe who passed away 7 years ago. DS-A usually does it but happens to be at Disney with his wife and dgs5. She had asked me to do it so she and her dh could go to the local firemen's parade. Dawned on me I was quite sure I wasn't going to be able to easily make it up all the steps to the stage AND back down. She had to go to DS's house yesterday and write out another personal check for the recipient as he always gives that person an extra check to do with as they please. The scholarship of course is for college.

My glucose meter evidently ran out of battery this morning so must go buy a new one for that this morning. But, right now, it's time for breakfast.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:00 am

oh how frustrating for your dh to have the camp truck stall

d dee you needed that rest yesterday as you didn't sleep well the night before. Hope you are feeling rested today! What a generous and loving gift to make to a college student in Zoe's name.

enjoy your breakfast!

I have decided on doing a backward day for a bit. I know i should do my morning routines but I would like to finish a couple zone items this morning

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:04 am

We've been doing it every year since she passed away. It goes to someone who is going to college for childhood education. Just our small way of remembering her.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:10 am

Thank you, bw2 for getting us started this morning!

I was again up before the 7 a.m. alarm and have done the straightening up for dcleaning lady. I need to get on with the morning. Later I am going to drop off a couple of bags at the GOodwill and take a big box of stuffed animals (from dd's room :roll: ) to a friend who does wildlife rehab. She can use them for her "babies."

Dh and I are going to temple tonight, this week is the anniversary or yartzeit of his father's death. I will s2s before I take off for temple. Not planning supper tonight, we can either go out or round up something here at home.

-breakfast and meds
-walk the ddog
-brush and floss
-send a facebook message to friend about bringing stuff to her, what time?

bw2, I know this routine too.

- get lost for the next 16 hours using the excuse that I am either learning new things, keeping up on the news, learning how to make my own ..

Dee, glad to see you today!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:11 am

good morning
finally got a needed phone call done today.
filled out a form.

took vitamins.

ditto blessed's getting stuck in the sticky interweb.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:12 am

I had a wonderful night sleep. 9 hours 1 minute! I was up 2 times during the night with DS9 and I also woke up when the newspaper was delivered at 4am but all 3 times I returned to sleep with no problems. My weekly sleep average is now up to 6 hrs 53 minutes so I am almost to my 7 hour sleep goal.

what do you recommend for window coverings?
I'm taking the dust-catching-and-hard-to-clean windows blinds down. I am going with a window covering that makes it easy to keep clean and also fits into my monthly decorating system. I want to change the curtains color to match the month and/or season. That means the curtain needs to be easily changed (under 5 minutes) and easily washed and not bulky or fragile because they will be packed away in the plastic tub I have for each month. I am testing my choice out in July. I've ordered red and blue sheers that will hang over the lace sheers already on the windows. So July curtains will match with Red, white and blue decorating theme. If my plan works, then I can reuse the red curtains for December & February themes (Christmas and Valentines). The blue curtains will also be used in June and January decorating themes.

Today's plans include lunch at DGS21 apartment and homeschool with DS9 and DGD7. Somewhere in there, I want to continue my garden planting. I am super late getting started but I'm going with "better late than never"
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:25 am

Good morning. Today I'm listening to Lucylee who claims days go better when she s2s first thing.

I'm s2s, bedroom tidied, dirty pot now clean, tea and chocolate being consumed.

I figured out, sort-of, what's up with my tunic top. I pulled it out of the closet yesterday. It is a bit big and I'm losing weight so, although it was expensive and supposedly a dress outfit, I put it on with jeans yesterday because I wanted to get a bit more wear out of it before consigning it to the too-large bag.

Except it wasn't big, it was perfect and the neck was high, not revealing as it usually is.

I went to my closet and searched for the top I remembered but it wasn't there.

I liked the top, felt good about myself all day, but was confused.

This morning I decided to wear it again and while it was out on the bed, I looked at the label. George (WM) therefore not my expensive top! I have a vague recollection buying it for Australia when I bought several items just before Christmas because I had nothing to wear! Then I didn't take it with me. I went to my long-term closet and found the expensive top there, along with two other XL George items.

I'm really excited about this since it looks so good on me! It has become a gift to myself since I don't really remember buying it and it was a surprise in my closet.

My weight is on the move in the right direction again so what I'm doing is working once more (the key is doing!) I have about 5 t-shirts that are also too revealing because they are too big now so I need to go through my clothes again and sort out the XL items. Then pick up some smaller ones to replace them.

I gave dd a half-sleeve t-shirt over the winter (she ruined her top while here and it was the only one I had that fit her.) It was one of those "some day I'll lose enough to fit this again" items I kept since it was expensive and bought on a trip.
Every time I see her in it, I think I'd like it back but there's no way it will fit me now. I tried on another size M shirt by the same company yesterday and it was still too small. Better to just buy some new to me items. The main thing is that I need to be trying on everything and culling the too-large items since they don't look good on me. I realize that now that I'm wearing this well-fitting tunic.

Focus for today:

1. finish services if possible, main service if not.
2. Babysit
3. Pick up battery tea-lights (might be able to combine that with babysitting since we can walk to the dollar store)
4. Possibly bike ride to deliver give-away items
5. Theatre with ds in the evening.

My meal-plan is for dinner out. Not sure if that will happen or not. I have salad if I end up having lasagna again. I love it so that isn't a problem. This all depends on ds's expectations.

Since I need to concentrate on writing, I shall poof! now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:04 am

So h picks 5 min. Before work to talk about big stuff selling the house. Yes I understand we need to have this convo. But it is really not a 5 min. One. No I am not living i the pu cab over canopy. I need to understand hoyseless is different than homeless or is it. Or is it just a transition.

So my thought focus has changed this morning I have a few more things to bring around to front of the house.

Gals at knitting group said the house sold in one week next door to them. Ack! Trying to wrap my brain around this.

I have a chair to take the foot stool out side. One step at a time.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”