Saturday Sifting

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday Sifting

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:34 am

Sometimes we have to sift through a lot of what's not the point ;) to get to the important stuff.

Nancy is sifting through items to make decisions about what can be donated.

Harmony is happy to be finished sifting through a spreadsheet.

What are you sifting through today? What do you need to explore and analyze, and what will you winnow out?

blessedw2

Re: Saturday Sifting

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:09 am

Sometimes we have to sift through a lot of what's not the point ;) to get to the important stuff.
Amen!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:35 am

I am thinking where to begin, journaling helps me with the focus of it. Zone work is great it helps me to be less scattered. I need to do kit duty before a store run. Farmers mkt. Donation drop off on the docket today. Fix a chair. Other chairs can go as I am swapping out the dinette set for the smaller one.
H. Is on board focusing on his tool room.

It is kind of fun thinking of how people will be blessed to find a tea set, or salt and pepper shakers at the trading post! Mini crock pot is gone already. Mayve should have kept that one instead eye roll.

T - storms in the forecast today.
I am waiting to do more in the sewing room till h is up and around so I do not have to worry about being quiet & can be noisey if I want to.

Wishing I would not have let h. Talk me in to the bigger 2nd tv now, smaller would have been better. It is good in this house but the next one not so much I suspect... oh well we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Maybe sil, or one of the grands will need one . I like what h. Said about not waiting a yr. His artiritis is not getting any better was a good motivator for me.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:57 am

I was sorry I didn't get to post yesterday.
blessed, the funny thing was that in the post where you quoted me, my last paragraph was a quote from Twins' Mom, lol!

It is kind of fun thinking of how people will be blessed

Very true, Nancy.

Dd19 is on her lake trip with H's family. I sent enough sunscreen, bug spray and itch creme to keep the girls extra first-aided, I hope. I keep warning dd about mosquitoes and saying to at least keep her socks sprayed, or shorts - hope she is listening, she's so susceptible. I told her friend to nag her! I sent the kind without deet that can be put on skin, since I'd assume the family has some kind, and most of them do have deet.

Anyway, this means I'll be the only female voice to lead singing tomorrow. Got an email from our tenor that he will absolutely be there, which I appreciate. We are usually flying by the seat of our collective pants. I'll need to remind everyone that for dd to get a weekend away probably means she'll be expected to work shifts for others the coming weekend. I see no reason - and never have - why we need song leaders.

I think we should just have a choir like we used to have, and no one's absence, then, is a big deal. For some reason we switched years ago when we were well-populated and had a pro singer to lead for a few years before she left us. But I guess we've gone so far downhill in attendance by now that it's become impossible. It has to do with wanting the electric guitar and before that two electric guitars (that guitarist left us about 6 months ago) and the drum set (drummer took his drums and left about 9 months ago) and therefore having no space for a choir to stand. To have men in a band anyway - seems funny when women are being told the church is too "strict" for them to teach. Would those from pilgrim or puritan times to which our leadership is supposedly harking back, be as shocked by the electric music as they would be by absence of suits, ties.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:26 am

Think my posting will be 'spotty'. Having a terrible time even getting on line. We have camp wide wi-fi with several towers, but mine is poor at best. We had our other 'turned off' (but I suspect it's never really been turned off) about 2 weeks ago. The camp wi-fi is $99 for 6 months, but I'm not sure that will be good enough. Our provider before was nearly $60/month just for internet. I've spent well over an hour getting it to work this morning. Not very happy with it. Have to ask dd how hers is working.

I slept fairly well last night. Awoke at 4:45 and got up for a 'break' and read some and played cards till going on 7. Then I fell asleep. Barely heard dh up and around and finally awoke again at 8:55. :shock: So....so far I've accomplished only my personal dailies and made the bed. :roll:

Going to try a little different attack on the PODA what's left of the morning. We're going to a Habitat fund raiser in DS-R/ddil's town about 2pm. Doubt we'll stay long. Last night we went to calling hours/funeral for a very dear old friend. Were quite taken with the photo display when we got there. It was mostly photos of DS-R with him and his race car. The center large photo was of DS-R, DS-A, dh, the departed friend and one other guy posed in front of DS-R's race car. Know they had a couple of pieces of one of DS's older race cars. Our whole family was there along with the family of ex ddil. She had dgs18 with her. (DS-A was not there as he's still at Disney till Monday).

I'd better get busy and accomplish something -even done wrong, it's better than accomplishing nothing.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:59 am

Progress got one area of irises bagged up and delivered dropped off donations @ the trading post most other items I left have gone so glad bc it saves me an extra trip to town and time, plus I can skip the farmers mkt. And dig out the roses that are going next is is a nice cool cloudy day amd will work great for this project. Have a drop off point is wonderful folks can work it in to their schedule as they can. I walked the ddog a bit while I was out and about.

Happy to think I have helped 3 others with their garden adventures by sharing the abundance of plants here!

Next round - got the roses dug out and delivered the apple trees that were sitting in a bucket of water.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Nancy, I'm wondering why you are removing your plants?

I have so much stuff to do and can't do it. It's frustrating and boring. All I can say about this Saturday.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Getting rid of plants curb appeal & Bc they took over, sharing is fun, and it was pretty over grown not being able to garden the last two summers, trying to get the yard in control and even up the borders. I wanted gardeners to enjoy them. One friends daughter is landscaping a new yard, I have 7+ patches of iris I collected over the years. Part if my mission in life to leave the world a more beautiful place more flowers shared is helping me accomplish that. It is great exercise too. I am glad I did that early bc it is pouring down rain out now. We have to put it on the market at some point.

Got another box of dishes ready to go. Had that talk w hubby he tried to the other day. Storage units are in high demand here with waiting lists so that is not a viable option. We are leaning toward not building. He wanted to put thd house on the market like now but it is not decluttered enough for that. He `found` his desk. So some progress was made. I balked at working ourselves in to a frenzy to have the place realtor ready but said we need to act like that is happening even it it takes a year to get it ready and do something each day towards that goal. I said ask me again in a week and see how much progress I have made.

Got a chair up and out of the basement to donate, and a container of jean fabric to go next. I am making progress on the sewing zone down stairs. Yea!

I made more progress on the sewing zone I reclaimed the counter at least part of it in there yippie . Sorted jeans Id' cut apart for fabric tossed the too small parts kept the larger ones to donate for jean quilts table cloths or car blankets. Washer twins are going. I am taking a break before I do another round to refold fabric to put away. Kitchen is a disater area that will come later the basement is coming along yea! Rounding up toys to all go together. Loving the idea of donations going into feed sacks easily identifiable. H asked about a yd. Sale I said I would pay him $25 to NOT have one lol!

Had soup for lunch.

Laundry is folded. It rained more this afternoon. I got fabric folded and tucked awaynyea for more progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Good afternoon!

It has been a spotty day for me. I did s2s and was out the door at 11.

Chatted a bit with dh this morning after my shower. Today was the day he was to climb Mount Longido but he had been hit with GI issues. He didn't eat last night, purged through the night and tried the climb but only got half way.

At each rest stop his body would say "You need to go back" and he'd say to his body, "I will go forward." At the third rest when he stood to go forward he literally could not lift his leg to take a step. He turned to go down and could move. So he realized his body was telling him NO!

They had two guides so the second guide took him back. It was that person's first climb and therefore his first time down and he got lost so their return was longer.

He was in bed when I chatted with him, 3 p.m. his time. He took the Cipro and was hoping it would work. I'm hoping he keeps hydrated. He has a hard time putting anything on his stomach and was working to keep the Cipro down.

I texted a bit with him at 10 p.m. his time and he is still ill. I'm sorry for him but this is why I don't go to Africa. It is bad enough to get sick at home or in a hotel room. He's using a latrine.

I went out to the villages, grabbed hymn books from the second church and took them to mine. D's painting posse was still going strong. The back entrance (contains washrooms and stairs to the hall) looks *amazing.* They painted it grey and the bathrooms each have a deep grey accent wall. It is so welcoming.

The kitchen, without the cupboard doors, works just fine. The new colour is fantastic.

The hall just got a good cleaning. There are many more plans but this is enough for tomorrow.

I ordered in pizza for the group to thank them for all they've done. Especially D. She keeps thanking me for giving her free rein. It has been a hard week. Her son's lungs are failing.

When I got home I had another cry about D's situation. I'm pleased she has such a strong posse of friends surrounding her. When you ask the mom of a dying child, "is there anything I can do?" you don't expect to be asked to paint a church. But they've all risen to the occasion and D says it is keep her sane.

I stopped at Costco on the way home and bought essentials plus a cooked chicken. It had 6 100g serving in it (4 white, 2 dark) so I pulled out the turkey stock and made up some soup for my dinner and my lunch tomorrow. I'll have salad with chicken tonight and a stirfry tomorrow night. So that accounts for 3 of the servings. The rest are in the freezer.

I have just figured out the music for the afternoon service and hope my plan works to play it from my mp3 player. Now to go find that and load the music onto it as a playlist. (I can't remember how to do that it has been so long since I used it.) Dh has a speaker I can use that is good quality and portable.

I still haven't written the service or sermon.... I have 4.5 hours until bedtime!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Now 2 hours to bed. Still no sermon. Service is only part done. Dishwasher has run, kitchen is cleaned up.

Return to “Post When You Can”