Saturday Sifting

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Saturday Sifting

Postby CathyS » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Only 1 page today?

Hi!

Woke up and dh was ready to hit the road, so we did. Went to an amazing sale at Harbor Freight. Then on to Hobby Lobby to buy me Hardanger supplies and then we decided on Olive Garden for lunch because dh and I were both too hungry for the drive to Dino's in Buffalo. After lunch, which included a free sample glass of wine, plus I had the recommended glass of Chianti, which I didn't finish... we went to Wegmans. In between all of this, we saw part of an air show with the Snowbirds doing their thing.

We came home and I grabbed my stitching stuff and I headed off to "Knit in public" day at the library.

Came home, had supper and we both played on our computers. I'm exhausted. This morning's trip across the river wasn't planned.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Went out to Trac Sup with HRH and then short grocery trip and was tired enough. But shortly after arriving home, dstepson called to say he had time to go with me to the banged-up appliances store, so I quickly had lunch and we went out for that, stopping back by H Depot. Seems like my whole day has been spent traveling to, from or on concrete floors.

I am sifting through potential refrigerator choices. We don't have to do anything - one choice is to put up with the issues this old one has. No ice or water access through door any more, trouble getting ice from the not-made-for-access bin inside, broken "paddle" in icemaker, broken and gone lower bins I've replaced with white rubber-coated freestanding shelving. All the "make-dos" we are doing are working, just driving us crazy, and since others don't know our tricks they have difficulties. Sigh.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Harriet: I've never had an ice maker or water dispenser but I've survived. I'd tough it out until you need to really replace the fridge for something important but then you'll know what model you want or at least which features you want, so can act quickly.

I'm finally done the services, sermon, prayers of the people, have the music on the mp3 player and tested it with the speaker. Everything works. The music is set too high but I can't find a reliable pitch down piece of software but even if I did, I have no idea how to move the music onto my phone. So there! We'll struggle through this week. It reminds me, though, the music will be too high for the morning service too (same hymns.) Sigh....

Off to bed over an hour late. I still have an early start. Dh might be up soon but I won't test that theory. He was up 30 minutes after I sent an email last night. It is a 7 hour time difference.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:06 am

H did get some decluttering done in his tool room. It looks better not perfect but a definate improvement. I swept the kit. Dining room and hall. Better late than never on clearing some of this stuff out of here yea us!

Return to “Post When You Can”