Sunday routines & rituals

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday routines & rituals

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:27 pm

CI - I am doing good. Got going on another container of items to be decluttered. I am feeling good. Moved a rolling cart, and the loom in my creativity room. I have walked the ddog. Had lunch.

No takers on my stuff, so I need to load up another container of stuff in one of the rigs. H & I are more on the same page so that is good news.

I worked on my weekly planning.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Home from church and a special meal with DFriends. They invited us to join them for lunch they had prepared for their family reunion. They cooked it using a pioneer type chuck wagon which means all the food was cooked roasted over an open fire. WOWsers. That gives the food an amazing flavor.

This morning during children church we had a mini-disaster. Most of our 3-5-year-olds can go to the bathroom by themselves so we allow that. We don't let them take anything into the bathroom and only allow one child to go at a time. I don't know why but during one of the children visit the bathroom the toilet overflowed and flooded into the next room ....which is the baby & toddler area. NOT FUN but we got through it.

Yesterday everyone went to the movies and I briefly considered going too, until I realized that if I stayed at home then I could have the entire house to myself for a couple hours. No way was I giving up that opportunity! I enjoyed it very much. I spent time in the swimming pool by myself and it was so relaxing. I was could feel my sore muscles from swimming when I went to bed but when I woke up this morning the soreness was gone.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Hmmmm…..
oh my goodness the lazy gene has set in.
Wonder where we got that 'lazy gene', Blessed? I sure didn't inherit it from my dMom. She was anything but. But I had to have gotten it from somewhere -at least some of the time. :lol:

We went to a new store here (Runnings) so dh could get a new weed sprayer. I spotted some chairs I'd been searching for -for our table on our deck. We bought them -a good buy btw - EXCEPT it looked like a Chinese fire drill with dh and a clerk trying to get them in our car! :o Finally barely got 2 in the front passenger seat with the window part way down. The other 2 they managed to somewhat fit in the trunk with the trunk tied down. I'd figured they would stack nicely on the back seat. No matter what they tried the legs would not fit in. Took them at least 15 minutes of trying. Drove home gingerly and they're now 'at home' around our table. Had ordered an elastic tablecloth (do you know how hard they are to find today?) from A river. Neighbor gave us their discarded round glass table last year. I will be looking for a table cover this winter for next year. Also got our new golf cart enclosure yesterday. (After it hit at least 10 spots -according to the tracking- between CA and here -including NM, OK, Indianapolis; Hagerstown, MD; Hamburg, NY; Buffalo, NY and finally Henrietta, NY and to here -all by F edex.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Home from an exhausting but successful day.

The anniversary service went very well and I had a lot of compliments about it. So all that angst and hours of discarding ideas instead of moving forward with them were perfect.

There was a lovely reception after and then I stayed on helping to clean up. I had my lunch before packing up the hymn books and returning them to the other church. I also spent time with the mother of the dying child. She's ask me to do the funeral. I pointed out why it would be good to have a minister (counseling of the family) but said I'd be happy to share the service so she'll have someone who knew her child and knew her doing the service.

My afternoon service went smoothly except the first hymn was way too fast so I ended up turning off the music.

I gassed up the car and picked up the groceries I need for dinner plus some cases of sparkling water since I had the car. Those are still downstairs waiting to be brought up. I got that final plant for the balcony as well.

I made some popcorn for a snack but failed to prop the popper forward and it 'blew' the top off the hot-air popper, sending popcorn all over the kitchen. I scooped up enough to quell my hunger but I have a heck of a mess to clean up in there.

Actually the whole apartment is messy. So I've locked the door and I'm not answering it because even the front hall is a mess.

I have changed out of my church clothes. I'm going to take time to look at dh's photos so far for the trip.

I'll start a thread in MO so you all can follow along as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:35 pm

showered to shoes
after working most of the afternoon in the garden
wet after a good rain this morning which made weeding easier.

tonight make a list for what I need to pack
washed another load of towels and jeans
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:37 pm

so happy you had a successful day d kathryn! (((I understand her thoughts - she thinks highly of you as we do - praying for her)))

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:41 pm

d dee :D :D :D

Yes those plastic table cloths are hard to find! glad you found one on a river

hi d lady. how nice to have a lovely meal with d friends. oh no about the to overflow!!!

hi d nancy I am glad you are feeling good!

hello to everyone.

d mom surprised dd's and I with a rose - out of the blue!!! wow that was nice!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Watching Downton Abbey. Quick post n run thundering. I weeded a section on the fence line in front I missed. I ask h for his input and he mentioned that. I have a new plan when ever I go upstairs empty handed I will take some up that needs to go out in the trash or be decluttered. I sorted a box of soxs.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:56 pm

It is 8:45 here.

The kitchen is much better. I made a very healthy chicken stir fry for dinner and enjoyed it. Skipped on a movie tonight because the apartment was such a mess but have only dealt with the kitchen so far.

Now I'm going to get my planner ready for the week.

Without even looking at it, I know I have

1. No electricity tomorrow so a planned lunch outing with neighbours since none of us have electricity to cook a lunch!

2. Iftar Tuesday night (I need to be there for 8:40, it starts at 9:02 tomorrow.) These are the prayers leading to the break fast for Ramadan.

3. Thursday I'm out with ds to a presentation.

4. Friday I'm gone all day to Montreal (leaving my place at 5:20a.m. home at 8:30 probably.)

5. Preaching my last time at the retirement home on Sunday.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Didn't get to the planner, saw the shopping cart in the front hall and decided to deal with that.

Put the contents away and went downstairs and emptied the car. The excess potting soil (free add-on last week when I bought the plants) is now in the storage locker because I don't need it up here. The trunk liner is folded up and put away, the back of the car is tidied. I'll take it out tomorrow and get it washed. Maybe. I keep thinking of things to do outside the apartment while I have no electricity.

Off to bed now, though because I can do planner without electricity but I can't take a shower (no light in the bathroom!) Plus I'd like to get the vacuuming done before the power goes off. Must remember to charge everything tonight, as well.

Return to “Post When You Can”