Sunday routines & rituals

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sunday routines & rituals

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:11 am

What are your Sunday morning routines and rituals?

I found this article about routines an rituals interesting.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday routines & rituals

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:22 am

I try to do less on Sunday than any other day of the week. That doesn't happen on some Sunday's but it is my mindset that I have each Sunday.

Even on Sunday I still do the basic routines -
** Personal care
** Setting the kitchen up for the day
** LOL to put away
** The 5 company rooms ready
** Swimming Pool routine
** food planned and sent to sponsor
** 12 tools worked and sent to the accountability group

I don't do homeschool on Sunday but I do attend church and teach children church.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:45 am

I'll try and circle back to that article later today.

In a rush now to get off on time.

I've built a good buffer in, I hope it is enough. I checked the music and discovered one of the accompaniments was short 2 verses so had to find another one and move that to the mp3 player. All these are really fast so I hope my seniors can keep up.

Dh called so I had a chance to talk to him and my neighbour who is staying at the guest house with dh right now. He's a doctor so I was glad he was there. Apparently dh has some wicked looking bug bites as well as the GI upset. He's still not better but is trying to eat rice and egg today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 am

good one d lady! thank you for starting us!

hope you dh feels better soon d kathryn!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:45 am

Do hope your dh finds what 'ails' him very soon & feels better fast, Kathryn. I woke up at 3am & was up at 5:30. Finally fell back asleep till about 7:15 then 8. Didn't make it to church last Sunday, but will today. Think dh is remaining somewhat silent on his opinion of new pastor and letting me form my own opinion. I go with a little trepidation as I've not heard good things. Trying to keep an open mind, being mindful of where some opinions have come from.

I'm s2slippers. Will do my hair in a few and clothe my feet. Dh should be coming back in the next 1/2 hour I'm sure.

DS-A, ddil and dgs5 are still at Disney but will be flying back tomorrow. DD/dsonil have a 'meet and greet' with a new black lab puppy this afternoon. I'm being silent for the most part and trying to sound 'upbeat' about it. Not sure they need another puppy right at this point, but it's their lives. She mentioned something about maybe having it ride back to FL with dh this fall????? I don't think so. It will be a therapy dog so a whole different connotation than their present one. I'm trying hard not to 'see' 2 dogs in an RV or me tripping over a puppy this fall/winter. Trying very hard to get a positive outlook.

Hmmm.....here's dh already!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:21 am

I am up again early 4:45 w a low so dealing with that. Fed hens, took meds, sipping coffee & journaling. We have stuff from decluttering efforts to deal with. I need to s2s and do a ten min. Round in the kitchen that got ignored yesterday. Morning routine is about to happen.

Donations to load that did not happen bc of pouring down rain yesterday. But at least they are out of the basement! Got what I could loaded and delivered. Working on a 2nd box now. Yea!

Main trash can is full now so we will use the others.

I told h. The table he is using for a desk is not going with us. We have 2 of almost everything bc of stuff from the farm so I have been saying things like we are changing out those chairs and table one is going!

Most of morning routine is done what I can do quietly and prayerfully, reclaiming the dining room and working on the kitchen. I see improvement yippie!

Glad K in C got to hear news of her h.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:59 am

hi d nancy and hi d dee! hi d everyone.

I lost yesterday to a headache - not a migraine yay. slept 5 hours and I still had a bit of a headache the rest of the evening.

dd was in a lot of pain yesterday but went and took photos. :D

I have been off my ww thought process and I don't like the way it makes me feel. sent this to the past and work on moving forward this week.

I am tempted to hire someone to clean my house while I am gone this week.
I think today and tomorrow I have to do my home blessing and move my zones until I come back. let it go (singing :D )
see u soon :D

I can see clutter building after I go to sleep 8-) :shock:
I think the best thing to do is do a room by room put away - it's little stuff but makes a big impact.

my hair blew up with the humidity 8-) :D

goal today: believe in myself! positive thinking and keep trying!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:22 am

The day is underway here. DH has gone to Costco, I've walked ddog and read the paper and hung out. I don't know if dd and ds are coming for supper tonight or whether dh and I are having supper with friends. I hope we can see dkids tonight, actually.

I have a busy two weeks ahead and will need to be productive this week:
-overnight company on 21st (get guest room ready)
-public library presentation on DNA on 23rd
-Pro Gen assignment due 25th

Right now:
-breakfast and meds
-refill meds containers
-start a lol
-start planner pad and journal for the week
-empty the dishwasher & clear kitchen counters

The show Hamilton was amazing yesterday. I love the entire spectacle of a Broadway show. Dancers, lighting, music and I love the history too so it was a double joy for me. We drove to ATL in the a.m., had lunch before the show (crowded and noisy, but needed), then saw the show and came home. I drove both ways and was stressed to the max with dh and his anxiety in traffic, but we got through it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:22 pm

oh my goodness the lazy gene has set in.
Not a I don't wanna thank goodness... more a lack of focus!

pulling my routines so i don't miss an opportunity to feel better put together

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:22 pm

hi d twins!

Return to “Post When You Can”